Posts by cmbrowns

When I use a Fender HR Deluxe I just connect the Kemper Monitor Out to Power Amp In on the HR Deluxe. Cabinet Off is enabled on the Monitor Out settings and the level is set from the Monitor Out volume.

Works fine for me.

On the Treeview in RM, near the bottom you should see "All Performances". When you expand that you should see two folders - My Profiler and Local Library. My Profiler has the 125 Performances that are the set physically on your profiler. There will always be 125. You can't add or delete them, you can only change what is in them. Much like patches on a synthesizer. It has some number of slots that you can set up to be whatever you want. Local Library is a set that you may or may not use. It is where you can create and maintain a large library of performances. You might later copy these Local Library performances to one of the 125 My Profiler slots if you plan on using it outside of Rig Manager. Such as at a live show.

Within Rig Manager you can always select and play rigs from any performance - My Profiler or Local Library.

To clear a performance, like one of your 125 in My Profiler, the easiest way is probably to right click it, then click Initialize Performance from the popup menu (you could also use the Edit menu item, then choose Initialize...). This sets the first slot in the performance to a Rig named Crunch (the default Kemper rig) and clears the remaining 4 slots. You can't clear slot 1 in a Performance since all performances must have something in slot 1.

To change the rig in any slot of any performance, there are a few ways to get there. First, make sure your Profiler is in Performance mode and that you have some performance selected for editing. You should see the performance is highlighted and has the headphones icon to the left of its name.

I find it easiest to open a second Window (in RM, click the Window menu item at the top, then New). A second window opens where you can now scroll through all of the Rigs in the top section of RM (the My Profiler and Local Library sections under All Rigs.). From there you can just drag a rig from the second window to the slot you want in your selected performance (whether a My Profiler or Local Library performance). You would be dragging to a slot in the upper right of you first window where you see the 5 slots in the selected performance. Or you can use Copy then Paste to instead of dragging and dropping.

Saving can be a bit odd for many of us in RM, so best to make sure you save any changes after you make them. If you've changed a Performance in My Profiler, you should see a button in the bottom right labeled Replace Performance in <whatever performance # you're editing).

I hope that helps you going.

When you're saving are you seeing the correct prompts? Should be asking if you want to save an effects preset or the whole performance. And it should be telling you what performance # you will be saving to.

Have you tried opening a support ticket?

Yes, it should be that simple.

When you say it's not saving, you do realize you're only saving it for that one Performance that you're on when you save, right? It sounds like you must be changing to a different performance and then returning to the one you saved. And that's when you see that it had not saved your changes?

Maybe try it with Rig Manager connected and then again with Rig Manger not connected (unplug the USB), just to see if maybe that's part of it.

Or if not this, then what steps are you taking?

Maybe explain in a bit more detail what you're trying to do.

For example, are you trying to edit an effect in the performance or are you editing in Browse mode thinking they would update in performances (they do not). Are you using Rig Manager or just the Kemper buttons? When you say you hit the Save button 3 times that sounds like Kemper buttons. If you're trying to save effects for use in other rigs, you should be saving then as presets in Rig Manager, or just saving the effect as some name in the Kemper.

Your recordings have both the transposed and original notes. Do you have Parallel Path on in the RIG page in Rig Manager? That would cause that to happen in the Kemper.

I tried duplicating this with a piezo electric to verify this. I used Transpose under RIG at -1, and I also tried a Transpose effect in Stomp A. Only way I could get both tones was with Parallel Path turned on. But even with Parallel Path off, although the pitch was correct, the sound quality is nothing I'd use.

and I am not also hearing the ambient room sound projection of the guitar.

You're likely hearing much more than you believe. Put your headphones on with no signal at all. Play your unamplified/unplugged acoustic guitar and whatever you hear is the bleed that you would also be hearing along with the Kemper transposed signal.

And keep in mind that with any transpose there will be at least some latency involved. Maybe very slight but that could also be some of what you're hearing.

You're probably not going to have much luck with this. You'll still hear the acoustic sound of the guitar even though not mixed into your headphones, and that's likely what you are calling a spacey sound. You could verify this by recording the guitar and then listening back to the recording. If the recording sounds OK, it's the acoustic sound bleeding through when you play that you're hearing.

Even on an electric guitar, you can often still hear the real strings ring when you have headphones on causing the same kind of problem. Since the guitar is right next to you, I don't know how you could avoid that.

For me on Windows 10, hitting return looks like it works (the name changes in the middle section). But if you don't save the change, that rig reverts to what it was when you change rigs or exit and restart. Maybe for you all it's different.

But I wouldn't defend the RM design. It's better than having no editor/manager, but it's a really weird approach for managing a simple database.

Seems to be working normally for me. I don't need to do any editing of parameters, but I do need to click Replace Rig in the lower right corner to save the changed name. Otherwise it would change back to the original name when selecting another rig. Just tried it to make sure.

Were you trying to import them directly to My Profiler?

The Import Performances... item under the File menu is only available from All Performances\Local Library, or subfolders you might create beneath that Local Library folder. Once you add them there you can load them into My Profiler performances.

Do you have any distortion stomps in the rig and turned on? If the Kemper gain is at zero and there are no stomps on, it doesn't seem likely the distortion is coming from the Kemper.

Are your recordings directly from the Kemper, or the Kemper through some amp? If through anther amp, like the Marshall you described, is it also set to be clean? A clean Kemper through an overdriven amp channel is still going to be overdriven.

It may be just my ears or taste, but I find that when using IR's instead of Kemper cabs from profiles, I almost always prefer the sound with Pure Cabinet on 10 and Character on 5 (in the cabinet settings).

I first found this with 3 Sigma Acoustic impulses. I use their Martin D45 and Gibson J45 with a PRS Piezo and I like what it changes. So I tried the same approach with other cabinets from IR's, like the Celestions, and it seems to help there as well for sounds that I like.

Are you using the latest Rig Manager and Kemper OS? Maybe something not installed properly?

Here's where you should see them in the tree view. Then when you click on that All Performances\MyProfiler you should see the Kemper performances, which can't be deleted in any recent version. They can be empty (no rigs), but they can't be deleted.

If you're not seeing the MyProfiler sections then your Kemper is not connected to Rig Manager.

Just letting you know that the problem you describe isn't on all systems. Must be something more specific to your system. Maybe Mac/Windows 11, etc. Open a support ticket and describe your system. Maybe they already know about it or might have some suggestion.