Posts by andjar

hi andjar.................how did you profile the pedals? on the blackheart or else?

yes,in front of the blackheart,one at a time....both dialed to get my favourite sweetspot.The profiles might need some eq adjusments to everyone's tastes.

I'll also profile a whiteface rat reissue in the future .

I know the "CLEAN" profile is not very clean...for single coils it is clean enough i think.

It might have been cheap when they were still makeing it but it's my favourite amp to put pedals in front of.Great cleans of its own as well.I will never sell this thing.
    This is it:
    -the koreean made little giant head equiped with a tung sol 12ax7 and a jj el84.
    -marshall haze cab with a 12" celestion marquee G12-66 speaker.
    -the mighty great e906
    [Blocked Image: http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx353/andjar/bh5mhz.jpg]

I managed to profile quite succesfully 2 of my favourite pedals, the proco you dirty rat(the germanium diodes rat) and the voodoo lab superfuzz(one of the best silicone fuzzy distortions ever).
    [Blocked Image: http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx353/andjar/ydrvlsf.jpg]

For those who have never heard this toys and have doubts about their awesomeness :) :
    the little giant:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvHUR8ROHA

the dirty rat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q847052a5u0

the superfuzz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-k4ywMo3qg

;(

I've bought a boss fv-500h to use it as a wah with the kemper because i know some people here use it for that purpose with great success.
    I've never used an expression pedal before.I also tried to find some instructions in the KPA manual,i tried all kinds of settings but i cannot figure out how to make it work.
    Sorry,i feel stupid but please:
    1.What kind of cable do i need ?
    2.The cable should go where?Which of the boss inputs and which of the kpa should i plug the cable into? "Switch /pedal #1"?
    3.What settings should i do in the system menu and in the wah menu?
    Please help!

Thank you in advance!

I updated to 1.6b a couple of days ago. Last night while i was playing i got a sudden volume drop and i couldn't hear anything anymore but the KPA leds were reacting to my playing.No matter what profile...the same.I then turn up the master volume higher and so i managed to make it sound about as loud as before by turning it to a higher master volume level.After about half an hour the volume drops dead again.After this i had to turn the master volume even higher to get an audible level.
    That's it i said to myself,i'm going downgradeing the fw down to v 1.5.4.After i insatlled the older fw,id didn't fix it,the master volume has to be turned up at the same high level(9.1-9.3) to get the volume i was normally getting at around 4.2.After this i turned the master volume knob up both ways in a more extreme manner thinking it might be something with the pot.After this ...surprise,the master volume range drifted to the other extreme.Now it gets loud at a really low level.I now have to set it at about 0.7 to get my convinient practice volume .
    I don't know what to do.Should i do a sysetm restore or should i install an even older firmware?
    I forgot to mention that i also got my first lcd red blinking last night shortlly after i "succesfully " installed the 1.5.4 firmware.
    Thank you.

The humans can hear sounds up to 20kHz ,but those sounds they can hear around 14kHz are perceived in a very simplistic/nondetailed manner.Even more:

the upper limit in average adults is often closer to 15–17 kHz

That's why i think the KPA is a very smart machine spending most of the dsp power where it counts.
    The bottom line is that if you're human a KPA might sound great.I'm sure the dolphins and the mice consider the Axe Fx vastlly superior in audio quality.

Here are mine:

DIRTY:

1. hiwatt dr103
    2. soldano slo
    3. jmp mk2
    4. 6505
    5. jcm 800 hot mod
    6. 1987x
    7. vh4
    8. matchless hc30

CLEAN:

1. /13 frt37
    2. trainwreck
    3. twin
    4. toneking imperial
    5. bassman head
    6. jc120
    7. ac30 top boost
    8. fender champ

I have a few more of andy's profiles which i also like but these ones shine for me so far on the clean /dirty department.That order might change as i didn't mess too much with many of them.
    Now rank yours.

I see your point. Keep in mind that you probably wouldn´t buy all that stuff just for guitar profiling or recording if you don´t have a studio or something. Coming from a more "budget" background, i would recommend just to get your hands on 2 mics that can complement each other to get things started. A budget Condenser mike that isnt overly bright and sharp in the highs like those cheap things from china works nicely in combination with a SM57. This already should give you a wide range of options.

very true.I have been scratching my chin latelly thinking about a budget 2 mic setup...maybe a sm57 plus one of those chinese ribbon mics like a cascade fathead being the better one or a even a t.bone rb100.But i will also have to think about a cheap and good 2 input mic preamp/interface.
    For a simple 1 mic soulution the sehnheiser e906 seems like a better choice than the sm57....maybe i'll go with that and save some money for some of and44 or armin's profiles :thumbup: .

got it! now i know the secret of making great profiles :evil: . Now i just need 2500quid for mics and stuff....to profile my 2 amps and 1 cab and which all worth 500pounds total :huh: . LOL

KPA is the greatest thing i've bought since i've started playing guitar.But i still like playing my superchamp xd tube amp or my blackheart little giant head sometimes.It's not better but still a special treat for the audiophile guitarist to play a tube amp in his room sometimes....because of those 10"/12" speakers and that dynamic/reflexive response they generally have to power tubes.

So....how about if in the future ,the amp dealers and manufacturers would offer online free trial profiles of their amps?Because i think there will still be a market for tube amps,low watt especially, even when everybody will have KPA's or KPA like processors and the profile formats will be standardized.

I've bought :

Blackstar Artisan 15
    Bogner Goldfinger
    Caroll-Ann OD2
    Divided by 13 FRT37
    Diezel VH4
    Fender Champ 64
    Fender Bassman Head
    Fender Twin
    HiWatt DR103
    Marshall 1987x
    Marshall JCM800 Hot Mod
    Matchless HC-30
    Orange RockerVerb
    ToneKing Falcon
    Tone King Imperial
    TrainWreck
    TwoRock 35 Pro
    Vox Topboost 66

All of them....KILLER! Now i can delete all the crap i've downloaded from the rig exchange...maybe save a couple, i might also keep a few of the factory rigs .I won't bother about any more profiles for a while....well,at least until and44's pack 3 will come out :) .

I wish I could get a refund for the Trainwreck.....sounds terrible and muddy for the most part. Forget about using your neck pickup with this. Yikes

I almost always have to do eq tweaks on the profiles i download because i like useing an SG with some really fat sounding p90's and i also play my kemper at really low volumes...so usually every new profile sounds a bit bassy/muddy straigh "out of the box".It was also the case with trainwreck profiles but i brought them to life really quick and easy after some tweaks and it sounds amazeing.