Posts by breu

Hi guys,

I made a little demo of the Bassman profile from pack#2.
    One of my favorites

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow, freakin' awesome man !!!!! Thanks a lot :thumbup:

at some point of time the point of excellence is achieved with what you have.

Taste is what it is. I don't want to react on taste matters. But I'm sorry, I definitely don't go for the one that's quoted....I don't know if this is the right English expression but as far as I'm concerned to stand still is to backslide..I'm always looking for improvement!! Improvement in playing as in sound and in this case improvement in making my profiles. I'll never say that the point of excellence is achieved with what I have...imo that would be the end of my career as a sessionplayer, as a musician and as a profiler..

Bert's seem to work for both!

Yeah Sam, that's what I'm trying to achieve

Tiny solo part from my rig pack 2 demo song

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very nice !!!! Patrick van Gerven playing a ADA MP1 profile :thumbup: It's in profile pack # 1

External Content www.youtube.com

Some funky Blues Guitar. I used Berts Profile BM2 Archie F1 crunch+ from Pack 2. I also used my new Folreden Strat,

Hey John, thanks for posting your video !! Sounds great man and your guitar is pretty awesome too !!!

@breu I looked on your site, earlier today, with a view to purchasing a pack. However, I noticed that there is a very heavy slant towards single-coil profiles. I know I can still use them with humbuckers, but wouldn't really be getting the best out of them. Do you have any plans for a profiling session a bit more humbucker focussed?

@Bilbosmeggins The only thing I can say is that I test and check all my profiles with 4 different guitars, a strat, a strat with big dipper pu's, a tele and a Les Paul. A profile makes it to the pack if I think it sounds good with all 4 guitars... I think they sound great with a humbucker guitar but perhaps we don't share the same taste.. At this moment I don't have plans for a really HB focussed rig pack but to be honest, it's more a challenge to me to make good sounding packs that suits SC and HB or P90 as well.

Hi @alim, the explanation of all the letters is quite simple. BM2 stands for my second rig pack. GA40 is an amp model.
    About A1B etc..I take a lot of profiles from each amp but only the ones of which I think they are the best are in the pack.
    So it's my way of describing and organizing the profiles that has been used (and which ones are not).

Thanks a lot for your compliment !!

If I'm not mistaken, Bert is using Browse mode as he can set his midi controller to Instant Access mode. This enables him to recall any profile via its distinct midi address, meaning (if his controller has enough switches) he can recall any of his 30 favourites at any time via a single switch stomp. Performance mode only lets you recall 1 of 5 profiles in a bank. A bank change would be necessary in order to recall any that weren't in that 5. Many users prefer to work as Bert does; it is, after all, the way many professionals have been working for years since the advent of rack guitar rigs and Bradshaw controllers.

Yeah Sam, you're right, that's the way my setup works. I have an Ernst Navigator remote, I had it already for using it in combination with the Rover (profiled in pack #1). It's a kinda Bradshaw controller indeed.
    It gives me instant access to my presets as well to the 4 stomps and the 4 effects.There's also a delay tap function.

As said before, I need instant access to a lot of sounds because I do a lot of different things. There's not a one band, one setlist situation.
    Therefore the browse mode works just fine for me..

But remotes is another topic ain't it haha

What are the best profiles of this pack (incl rig name, like ... B1 etc) for clean, crunch and dist? (Or by amp order cl, cr, dist)
    -70's rock / punk
    -80's post punk

It's difficult to say what's best....I would say a Marshall is an amp of all times, started in the '60s, Fender even much earlier, so they've been used by players in the 70s and 80s for sure..
    And what kinda clean do you like, the Fender clean or for instance the plexi clean..? It's all a matter of taste and tryin' which sounds suits you best...
    You're style of playing is also pretty important, if you're a rough player you can let a boutique amp sound punk, no problem...
    I can't give you an specific advice with preset numbers, maybe another user of pack 2 can....?

I bought the new pack minutes after getting your email! Loving all the new stuff.

One amp I haven't seen people mentioning is how good the Gibson amp you profiled works. The clean sounds great, but I'm loving the driven profiles with my archtop. Can get an awesome vintage Charlie Christian or Bob Wills western swing type sound. Very fun to play with!

Yeah Wes, the Gibson is a very cool amp :D I had some doubts to put it in the pack but I don't regret doing it. Did a bigband recording the other day using my ES175 and it gave me really that old jazzy sound. Perfect blend in the track :thumbup:

I say , perhaps another Jazz licks video Wes.. :thumbup:

Just had 2 days to fool around with the kemper and bought both of the packs from Bert. I am completely blown away by the sounds! What a great machine and what a great balanced profiles. Everything is in there. From clean to the extreme. Just finished making 2 bank with my favorite sounds, and some with just one brand of amp.

Just for shit and giggles, If you had only one bank(5 presets), which of the profiles would you use from both the packs? So i guess best clean, best crunch, best dist, best lead, best solo

Hope that Bert himself also has something to say :) (goed gedaan Bert!)

First of all thanks everybody for all great reviews and the kind words !!

I would love to answer your question but I'm sorry, I can't.... imo there's too much good stuff in the packs to pick the 5 best profiles...
    The only thing I can say is how I use my sounds in my set up.

For recording sessions I use my laptop (the rigmanager) and choose a sound and a guitar on the spot..I make the choice when I hear the song for the first time in the studio. Because I don't know what kinda music I'm gonna play on a session my basic instruments are always a strat, tele, Les Paul, Gretsch and a 335 (also 2 acoustics but I don't record them with the KPA).

For live I use 3 main banks with 10 presets each, so 30 presets. I always use the browse mode. The 30 presets are a wide variety of profiles from the 2 packs. Besides the 30 main presets I have a number of banks that carries more "special" or odd sounds like the shimmer things, U2- ish, slap delay sounds etc etc
    I don't use a complete Bogner or whatever bank, it's a mix of all profiled amps.

I'm sorry, it's not really an answer to your question but at least it's something :)

Frank, Sam is right, this is Strat haven, (there are some good LP profiles too)
    goto this page, check the Strat pick up selection and samples.
    http://www.bmkemperprofiles.co…ries/Sound_Samples_Pack_2

I dont know why, but these samples sound closer to a REAL amp than any thing i have so far, dont know why, Bert probably does lol

Ash

Yes, I do Ash lol :thumbup:

Well the pack 2 will give me lot of work. 8|
    There so many different excellent profiles that I have to solve the problem now, which of good actual Rigs of my life performances I should replace ^^
    The whole structure is in danger :!:

I'm truly very sorry Harry...... lol

Hi Ash
    did you checked the profiles at stage volume?
    Are they useable at stage volume without tweaking with a strat? Means, do you hear the strat very good when playing with the band without tweaking?

Cheers
    Frank

But I did Frank !! It's a part of the process...

Thanks a lot guys !! I'm very happy with all the positive comments (again.. :) ) !!

The way of working with the sound samples as it is now seemed pretty cool to me. Not a 120 separate files but just 17 tracks with "markers" in it...

In general I don't like to post someone else's video but in this case I'm gonna make an exception...
    Nashville guitarplayer/producer James Lugo (Gearslutz) checking one of my SL 100 profiles from pack #2..

External Content www.youtube.com

@johnboy10 Thanks John! I believe it was the Katz E1, it's my Bogner ecstacy classic channel 1 with a Catalinbread Katzenkönig pedal..awesome pedal !!

Hi are there any sound samples record with HB's?

@Vinny Yes, there are some..If you look at my soundcloud page you can click on each of the profiled amps. I've used "markers" to indicate which profile, which guitar and which pu is used in the soundsample track..

http://bit.ly/2c7Dd2K

I'm guessing that the variety of cabs (10 no less!), along with the use of 3 studios where Bert used different flavours of super-high-end desks' input preamps and his go-to excellent outboard pre/s, the character spread of the beautiful mics he used, and of course, his extensive testing and tweaking, would all have contributed to the qualities you guys are referring to, no doubt IMHO.

Sounds like you've done it again, Bert, which I know would mean an awful lot to you, having just a small idea of how much blood, sweat and tears you put into this. It must be extremely gratifying to hear this sort of feedback again, mate!

@Monkey_Man In everything you say you are SO right monkey !! Thanks man !!

The dynamic response from these profiles is better than my other (Commercial)profiles.
    My impression is that they are better than in pack1 !
    Did you use a new profiling trick ??

No, not really a different or new trick... My intention was to make a pack that could be an addition to pack #1, so slightly different from pack #1...
    I used some other pre's and mics to accomplish that..And a lot, and I mean really a lot of testing in tracks !!