Posts by resonator48

A good friend bought the rack mount and sold his original Kemper. Personally, I prefer my lunchbox/toaster. The only positive for the rack mount is the USB on the front panel. Ron had to buy a larger rack case to add the Kemper. He told me he should have kept the original Kemper. It sat on top of his rack case and worked great. He thought it would be nice to have one less case to carry. The grass is not always greener.

All the individual volumes (master, monitor, headphone etc.) are in the output section. Press "output" then go to page 2, the headphone is the last at right.

You can also link the headphone volume to the master knob by checking the "headphone link" at the top.

Thanks for the help. Just curious, is this in the reference manual? I didn't see anything in the "Index".

I looked in the manual, but I can't find anything on Headphone Volume. I thought I had read a while back that there is a seperate headphone volume. The volume with headphones is quit a bit lower.

Thanks for the tip! I'd be pretty concerned about the potential lack of padding though. Have you got one?

Will, i'm guessing you're asking me (OP). If so, yes I own the Equator D5 Travel Bag. Like I said in my original post, the bag works fine for me. But, I'm very careful with all my gear. You could always keep a sheet of larger bubble wrap cut to size to wrap around the KPA.

Not that anyone cares, but I'm going to offer my thoughts on how this thread was handled by Kemper owners and CK. First, as I've stated before, I'm probably one of the least technical Kemper owners on this forum. When this thread started and users started popping up with the sound/feel change when downloading FW 1.60, I waited for CK to post that his team was working on the problem or have found and fixed it. When CK posted that his team had not been able to find any difference, it left me a bit confused. By this time there were more people popping up with the sound/feel issue. I had not personally upgraded to 1.60, so I no experience either way. But at that time, what struck me most was a sense of dissapointment and fear that maybe I had gotten in over my head by buying the Kemper. I had not expected CK to pretty much dismiss the problem to "Imagination". It was my gut feeling that there was indeed a problem with some Kemper owners and I thought that was going to be the end of it. In other words, there is no problem and if you think there is, live with it. What a relief it was when the "Reset" popped up as a solution and it indeed solved the problem with sound/feel with 1.60. What I find puzzeling about this is the reset idea came from a Kemper owner and not CK. I thought this would have been a perfect time for CK to appologize to those he had doubted in previous post. I know CK didn't take this lightly. I know CK and his team worked very hard to find a problem, or prove there was no problem. Maybe it's a language issue and we miss or take things wrong. One thing this proves to me is never assume. It can come back to bite you in the ass.

At any rate, I'm back to feeling good about being a Kemper owner.

I haven't upgraded to 1.6 yet, but I intend to now that resetting the KPA seems to fix the problem addressed here.

Question, should I delete 1.54 from my memory stick before downloading 1.6? Should I wipe the memory stick clean by initializing the memory stick? Also, what am I going to loose when I reset the KPA after loading 1.6?

As always, thanks for your help.

I had read all the accolades, listened to a bunch of great recordings and watched all the videos on the Kemper. It wasn't until I bought the KPA that I understood what everyone was trying to explain in their glowing reviews. Do yourself a BIG favor and give it a try. You can always return it. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

I bought a pair of Equator D5 Studio Monitors for the Kemper and I absolutely love them. I went with the D5's, Carrying Case , Isolation Pads and 2 six foot XLR cables for $349. The Carrying Case turned out to be a great fit for the Kemper. It's a nylon padded bag with double zipper and it's a perfect fit for the Kemper. It has double handles that Velcro together and a separate shoulder strap. You can buy the Carrying Case on it's own for $34.99. The padding isn't real thick, but I think it would protect the Kemper just fine unless your really careless. I'm pretty particular about protecting all my gear and I think it works great. Check it out in the link below.

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5_Carrying_Case_p/d5c.htm

By the way, the Equator D5's come with a 60 day no questions asked return policy. I highly recommend the D5's. The Equator D5's are only sold direct.

1. right click with your mouse while pointing it to the RAR file you want to open
    2. from the drop down menu that appears - scroll down to 7 Zip - then another drop down menu appears
    3. from this menu choose "Extract here" or "Extract to - (name of your file) "
    4. you then have the extracted files which have ".kpr" as extension - for instance "GolubMarshall.kpr"
    5. These files you can drop into your shared rigs folder on your usb stick

Have fun ! :D

When I right click the rar file, 7zip doesn't show up in the program list. But, if I go to "all programs", 7zip is there. I'm thinking about uninstalling 7zip and downloading a different program to use with the Amp Factory rig downloads.

By the way, do the Amp Factory downloads need to be unzipped before downloading to the Kemper? I have a new Lap Top (old one died) and I don't remember having to do anything but load the Amp Factory file sent to my email on to the USB Stick and then to the Kemper.

I downloaded the free Clean Studio rigs from the Amp Factory to my PC. I went to my downloads to find it, there's a file that says StudioCleans.rar. I tried to open it to see what rigs are there and a box popped up that says "Windows can't open this file". I haven't tried to open Amp Factory files on my PC before. First, is this the right file and will it download to the KPA correctly? Second, why won't the file open on my PC? Sorry for the stupid questions, I don't do much on my PC other than emails, forums and searching the internet. I'm not up on files and file management. ?(

I'm using the same guitar ! A tobacco ash deluxe, lovely necks on these models. You get things sorted? Plenty of good advice given already it seems.
    If it's any use I've got my clean sens set to 3 and dist sens at 1. There was a thread recently where people were posting their various settings entitled: 'What kind of PU do you use?' As mentioned - as long as your not clipping the input with the clean sens it shouldn't have much bearing on dirty amps. Just keep experimenting - if you make a backup before you start you can always restore things later. Have fun...

My American Deluxe Start is also an Ash model in Tobacco with a Rosewood Fret Board. I had actually settled on 3 with Clean Sense, but I have the Dist Sense on 0.