Posts by resonator48

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try. Every time I pick up my guitar and turn the Kemper on, someone shows up or my wife has something planned for us. I love the Christmas Holiday and New Years, but I'll be glad to get back to normal around here. ;(

This just hit me this morning while playing my 12 fret acoustic. Are there acoustic amp profiles? If so, are they good? I'd love to have an all in one solution for both electric and acoustic.

Hi Resonator. What specifically are you having trouble with? It's possible you're over thinking this clean & distortion sense lark. Give us some specific questions and I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. Don't fear the toaster... Although I wouldn't stare directly at it...or feed it after midnight. :)

At the moment, I'm only playing an American Deluxe Strat with the N3's. I thought if I set the Clean Sense on lower gain rigs to match the volume level of higher gain rigs, I could set the Master Volume so as I Browse through the different rigs, the volume would be the same for low and high gain rigs. But, I'm still getting different volume levels when Browsing.

The sad part is that i have read it and the wiki, but its to much information for me to hold apparently for my limited brain. :(

But i don't really appreciate your tone afterwards, maybe you do need a holiday!

I'l promise i will consult the manual three times before asking here if this bothers you to much. (sigh)

I also have read the manuals and wiKPA a few times and feel the same way. Maybe I need KPA For Dummy's ;(
    Please don't assume all us of know and understand even the very basics. The problem is when someone says "Read the manual" or "It's in the manual", it makes me feel stupid and afraid to ask questions. Personally, I have a fear of digital devices. I'm always afraid I'm going to screw something up.

The KPA is one of the most intuitive and easy-to-use pieces of equipment I've ever used, especially in the modeling realm. The manual explains everything perfectly and is very concise. What more do you want? Tutorials on how to mic amps effectively?

Wow! Thanks for your extremely helpful post. After reading this I'm sure I will understand and have zero problems operating and understanding all the functions of my KPA. :thumbup:

Are the Amp Factory presets in the Kemper Factory rigs when you 'Restore'?...I haven't tried.

Restore? I was under the impression that if you "Restore", you would be starting over and loose everything you had saved. I'm guessing the restore would be done through the Kemper website? Since I been doing a lot of experimenting since receiving the KPA a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't mind trying the restore with a little help. I'm not even sure what and where to find the new rigs you're talking about.

Ok, I'm finally getting around to registering my KPA. I went to the wiKPA and followed the link, but when I click on my user name after login, there is not a "third tab" that ask for the serial number. So, where do I go and what do I do. I wanted to upgrade to the private forum and register my KPA without loosing any of my post as a non KPA owner.

I started out with the M-Audio BX8 D2 Studio Monitors with the KPA and have no complaints. I'm bought a pair of Equator D5 Studio Monitors for Florida because of limited space. I was hesitant because of the size and thought there would be a significant drop off with the Equator D5's in the bass response. Well, the Equators have more than enough bass response. In fact, I like the bass response even better than the BX8 D2's. The Equator D5's have a tighter bass response that sounds more like I'm use to hearing when playing my Strat through my Fender amps. The Equator D5's have a big sound with the KPA that fills the room. It's more (for lack of a better term) three dimensional sound. I don't usually play that loud, but I did turn up the D5's and they hold together without any distortion or breakup. At $299 a pair, I think the Equator D5's are an amazing deal. Equator offers a 60 day no questions asked return. When I had auditioned 5" and 6" Studio Monitors at GC, They all sounded small and lacked depth and bass response. Not so with the Equator D5's. Check out the link below and read the great reviews. I wasn't able to find one negative review.

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5…ith_DSP_300_Pair_p/d5.htm

A friend who lives in another state offered to sell Soundcraft EFX8 or Notepad 124FX that he's not using. I may want to use backing tracks and maybe a drum machine. I may try to plug in my Taylor with the ES also. How would either of these Soundcraft mixers work?

I bought the BX8 D2's from Guitar Center on sale for $299. They actually sound pretty good. I read reviews that said the newer D2's are a big improvement over the older models that had a flabby bass. I really didn't have much time with the BX8's before leaving for Florida for the winter. I ordered a pair of Equator D5's for Florida because of limited space. The Equator D5's are highly rated by many recording publications and are only sold directly by Equator for $299 Per Pair.

After finally receiving my KPA, and giving it what I thought was a good audition, I almost made a BIG MISTAKE. I put the KPA up against the Eleven Rack and came very close to sending the KPA back to Musicians Friend. Some of you probably also frequent The Gear Page and have read my thread "Kemper Finally Arrived, And....". For those of you who haven't read it, here's a link. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1173548

I know a few of you guys had said it takes time with the KPA to get the best and appreciate it. I should have know better and I will take your advice in the future. My biggest problem was trying to make a quick decision before heading to Florida for the winter (I'm leaving tomorrow). I didn't want to haul both the Eleven Rack and KPA to Florida and then return or sell one of them. I'ts a real struggle deciding what to take now because I simply don't have room in our car. Especially with the boxes they come in. Anyway, all's well that end well. I haven't even scratched the surface of the KPA yet. I've got a lot of reading to do. I've downloaded the wiKPA. This looks to be an excellent resource.

More to come!

My studio monitors are not satisfactory and I'm using similar profiles to what you mentioned. I'm getting perfect sound using AKG
    K240 DF headphones, so I know I should be able to also get good sounds thru small speakers. I think the prob. w studio monitors is the tweeter, the extended range tends to make a guitar sound tinny, So I'm going to try what others here are doing and that is: use a small guitar amp with a aux. input or power amp input. Some members are raving about the cheap little Fender Frontman G15. It would prob. work pretty good for what you want.

I own a Peavey Nashville that I use for steel guitar. Very, very clean tone. I wonder if it would work with the Kemper? Here's a link to the spec's. what do ya think?

http://www.peavey.com/products…74/104983/Nashville%20112

Well, I'm pretty sure that Distributors don't work fro free ;)
    I think that a distributor wouldn't pay them 300$, but probably 200-250.
    And maybe they would sell them for 500, by the way it's not our problem ;)
    I'd take a look for sure, they seem a good product, but only ears can tell.

You might find the following quote from the president of Equator interesting. Especially since the Q-Series he mentioned was actually sold by dealers for $3000 per pair.

The Q8 for $499.99 each ....

A Quick Message from the President - February 7, 2012
    Hello All,
    The introduction of the D5 has proven the online sales model to be very effective. Our upswing in internet activity is well beyond our projections. In monitoring the blogs and in reviewing our received email communications, requests for an 8" version of the D5 has been quite pronounced. We are able to most quickly address those requests through the re-channeling of the existing Q8. The Q8, through normal sales channels (distributor, rep and dealer) had previously cost the end-user $3000 per pair ($1500 each). By selling direct online only and eliminating the middle men we are able to deliver this highly developed, feature laden product for $499 each (under $1k per pair). To make it the best possible tool we are including the Automated Room Analysis Software at no extra charge. Understand, this is the exact same Q8 ... nothing has changed but the distribution method and the price.

All my monitoring options are extremely frugal. I'm using an affordable pair of M-Audio monitors and Sennheiser HD280 Pros for pretty much all my monitoring. I've got several live rig options, but haven't needed to fire any of them up other than for brief testing. though I do have a rehearsal this weekend...

Will, you may have already told me in another thread, but which M-Audio Monitors are you using?

Although I don't own the above mentioned profiles, I concur with Will's comments. I completely agree with Will's statement that "...every guitar sounds different and you will likely need to do
    some minor tweaking to match your guitar " but you have to do this with a tube amp as well so in that regard its not much different. . Every Amp Factory profile I've purchased and I've bought several have required tweaking to my ears, type of guitar and room/sound reproduction. The tweaking however has been relatively minor and not time consuming. You won't be disappointed with the profile but you will have to spend some time with the Kemper to best the best out of it. My favorites to date have been the 59 Bassman, Trainwreck and Two Rock profiles. Also download the free profiles Andy has on his site.

Will and Rob, thanks for the replies. Yea, I understand about the guitar used and tweaking to taste. My post sounded like I wanted exact results upon loading the profiles. I know better. As long as I can get there without rebuilding the profile, I'd be very happy with the Amp Factory profiles. :thumbup: I just hope I don' have to end up spend a small fortune on Studio Monitors to have the Kemper sound good.