Posts by resonator48

resonator48, I think the sales rep deals individually with every new sales offer (like this new one).
    So if you have asked earlier, then ask again about this new specific offer.
    Maybe change sales rep if that person won't match the price like others do.

I think it might just be my rep. When I asked for the discount that others had received from Sweetwater, he said he was there to make money, not give it away. :huh:

If Sweetwater matches it for you you will want to buy from them..additional 2 years coverage and someone to talk to if you have problems can't be matched online.

My Sweetwater rep isn't as willing to match or discount prices like some of the other reps that's been mentioned. He was willing to sell the KPA for $1650 "IF" I also bought a pair of Focal CMS 65 Studio Monitors at $1800. I was actually going to go with this because they had 18 months same as cash on the Focal's. I figured I could return the KPA and/or the Focal's if I didn't love them. To get the 18 months same as cash, you need a Sweetwater card. I went on line to apply for the Sweeetwater card which is through GE Capitol. Now, I already have a NAMM card and a Buddy Rogers Music Card that's through GE Capitol, both in good standings. It came back immediately as "Denied". My credit score is 812. We haven't missed or been one day late on any payment in our 42 years of marriage. Anyway, I call GE Capitol and they refuse to give me any information as per the reason for being denied. They tell me a letter will come in the next ten days stating the reason for being denied. When the letter arrives, all it says is "Unconfirmed Information on Application". I called GE Capitol and find out this means I answered a security question incorrectly. In other words, I checked the wrong box on the multiple choice security question. A damn typo. You would think that since I already have two GE Capitol cards, they could verify with me through emails, the phone number listed on my other accounts or through my mailing address. But no. I have to wait for 60 days to re-apply. Great customer service, isn't it. It crossed my mind that they know I "ALWAYS" pay the same as cash deals before the expiration date. They count on people going past the expiration date so they can charge the 28% interest.

Ok, I'm done with my rant.

There's no doubt in my mind that the KPA sounds as close to the real thing as you can get without actually being the real thing. My original question is more for people who first experience the KPA right out of the box for the first time. I'm talking connecting, making sure the settings are correct for what your going through, using the proper outs for what you're going through, just tweaking everything the first time out. And finally, for those who were using actual amps previously and not using modelers, then went with the KPA through Studio Monitors, were you happy, disappointed or somewhere in between?

In reading different reviews/post/questions on the forums, some have had trouble getting the KPA to sound like the recordings they've heard. Seems I've read about making sure they had the proper settings. The Noise Gate is one setting that's been mentioned a few times. Also which EQ section to adjust. Things like this. If people tell what they did wrong right out of the box, and what they did to correct it, this would be helpful to other new KPA owners. By the way, is there a FAQ section anywhere that covers some of this stuff? If so I missed it.

I've read post here and on other forums about different people's experiences with the KPA right out of the box. Some have been disappointed, some have been ecstatic, some had trouble with settings and setup etc. You read all these different reviews and it leaves you wondering. Anyway, I'm especially interested in those who are using Studio Monitors and if they think the sound/tone was equal to what they've heard on recordings of the KPA.

Anyone know how JRR Shop is on returns? Their website says 30 days, but that's not on everything. How about if you decide the KPA isn't for you. I'm use to dealing with Musicians Friend's no hassle return policy. And don't tell me I won't want to return it. I probably won't want to, but I want the option.

I bought my Standard Feb 2007, after that the Ultra, and now the latest Axe II, so there has been only 3 versions of the Axe, they don't release new hardware every month.. :) The great thing is that every time I upgraded and sold the old unit i never lost a penny, I even got more than I paid for. :)
    I imagine the KPA will be similar, a rack version will most likely come out sometime in the near future, a 2 rack version would be ideal, but the rumor is that it will be a 3 space..a little too big in my opinion.

Really! Never lost a penny? :thumbup: I buy high and sell low ;(

Anyone know how long is was between the different Axe FX models? I know a lot of those guys were dumping their old Axe FX and going with the new one. If it's three years before a new one came out, that would be fine. If a new version came out early in 2013, not so good. I had a friend who kept waiting for the latest and greatest computers. He did this for several years. I think I went through at least two computers while he was still waiting. :wacko:

Why you don't add a Poll to the thread? Click on Edit and the on the last tab under the text.

I'm a clean to mid gain blues and jazz player, though I do use some hi-gain (not chugga chugga) for some fusion stuff we make.

I actually tried to set this up as a "Poll", but couldn't figure it out. I thought I had it, but when I clicked on Preview, the poll didn't show up in the copy box. I gave up.

You worry too much, if you do too much research you end up getting conflicting opinions and you can't make a decision...don't forget, this is the internet.

You can have 3 Profiles on your Kemper, you can have 10 Profiles if you want, or a 1000...it's up to you.
    An Editor doesn't change that decision.

Setup the Profiles/Rigs you want, export them to a USB stick.
    Now put a USB stick in your Kemper with an empty backup, a few seconds later your Kemper is empty.
    Put the USB stick with your favourites into the Kemper, Import them...done.

My wife says I tend to over think decisions. Well, maybe I do. But, the KPA is not inexpensive. If I buy the KPA, I also will have to buy a set of Studio Monitors. I know since I'm not going to cut corners on the studio monitors, I'll have a sizable investment. I'm taking my time and asking question. This is a total turnaround from my impulse buying days.

I don't really miss an editor since, unlike the AxeFX, the KPA is already quite easy to edit. And since (sadly) there is no USB audio support, there is no need for a VST plugin.

What I'm desperate for though is a Librarian - patch management is a massive pain in the arse at the moment. Similarly, editing all the metadata when creating profiles is such a chore that I've just stopped doing it altogether - no more profiles from me until they release a Librarian! X(

It's such an obvious failing (to me anyway) that I can't understand why it's taking so long. It's been out for months now and there's still no set list functionality. It's hard to believe this is the same company that produced the Virus TI - I assumed they would carry over everything they learned on that excellent product into the KPA. ?(

Well said. I would think at the least KPA should have a "Librarian". Also, I'm not sure I understand how you download user profiles if the KPA doesn't have "USB Audio Support". So what is "USB Audio Support"?

incredible amp profiler + power amp = amplified incredible amp profiler :D

You can use the KPA with the poweramp to recreate those fantastic sounds and tones for live use or to record with a real cab and mics.

Sounds good, but would I still be able to run the KPA through powered studio monitors? Sorry, I'm old school (and old) and I've always been a good old amp guy and don't know much about this stuff.

I've seen post on different forums talking about Kemper possibly coming out with a KPA with built in power amp. I'm trying to wrap my head around exactly what this would do and what the options would be for what speakers/cab you plug the KPA into. Does this mean you would no longer need Powered Studio Monitors? Could you still use Powered Studio Monitors? Would the power amp be powerful enough to drive a speaker cab and do a good job? Has Kemper said anything about this, or is it strictly rumor?

Thank you Resonator,
    so you don't split your payment, do you? If I get it, they expect the whole sum in one solution only, it's just that your payment is delayed.
    If this is the case, we don't have such a formula in Italy (in Europe?) :|
    What I frequently see (for cars only tho) is that you can pay in instalments delaying the first one (for example "buy it today, you start pay in 3 months").

Until a couple years ago, you didn't need to make monthly payments at all. You could wait till the end of the promotional date and pay it all at once. The Federal Government passed a law that the banks had to charge a minimum monthly payment. It's not much though, I think it's like .01% of the balance.