Posts by bigsnack

Andy, it looks like a monster pack! How would you say the tone of these compares to the original packs that contain the same amps? For instance, with the Mesa Triple Rec or the JCM800, how different are we talking? I have the originals, but if you feel these are different (more "mix" ready, more live sound ready, or whatever), then I'd still be very interested. Thanks for any info that you can provide!

FYI, the Goldfinger is the best pack ever released for the Kemper PERIOD. Those amp profiles are one of a kind gems, thanks!

I personally think this is a great idea! I think lots of people out there would want album replicated profiles. I spend a lot of time at home comparing my guitar tones with the sounds from my favorite records. If someone were to put that effort forth ahead of time I think it would be worth spending some money. I see nothing wrong with creating profiles with specific guitars in mind, in fact I think that is key to people getting the best out of the profiles that they are using.

This is a great rig pack! I'm not a huge metal guy, but I've had a lot of luck using these for just regular hard rock also. I just dial the gain back and they are ready to go! I really hope the next wave of rig packs are along these lines. Producer packs that are completely plug and play for recordings make the Kemper the most valuable tool in my home studio. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Could the same be said for guitar amps? Also, who said anything about not wanting bass amps that are distorted? Every single one of my favorite recorded bass sounds have at least a little "hair" on them. I think you are selling bass amps short.

For better or worse (better in my opinion), Andy has become the go-to guy for out of the box / ready to go profiles. Although the raw profiles are probably awesome and still only need a small amount of tweaking, I think the general Kemper public goes to Andy's stuff when they don't want to tweak at all. It's your niche man, embrace it! :) I have my eyes on a couple of amps from pack 5, I'm just going to hang tight for some soundclips before I take the plunge. I own a bunch of amps from the other packs, keep up the great work!