Posts by BillyMill

Fantastic tones and playing there Paco!
    Tell us more about your setup there? What guitar, what fuzz etc. Sounded very clean for a fuzz there but had a nice fatness to it.
    I've not tried my analogman fuzz face with the Kemper yet. I'm hoping all the volume knob clean-up goodness is still there.

Just uploaded 5 Cornell Plexi 18/20 through a Matamp 2X12 profiles. They are:

CornellPlexi 18/20 Cl - Clean on treble channel, volume at about 2.
    CornellPlexi 18/20 Vol4 - Normal channel, volume on 4 - nice crunch
    CornellPlexi 18/20 Vol4T - As above but on treble channel
    CornellPlexi 18/20 Vol8 - Normal channel, volume on 8
    CornellPlexi 18/20 Vol8T - Treble channel, volume on 8

Cheers,

Jim

Installed python and then just double clicked the kpa_tag_inspector.py file and the program opened (this is running Win 7 64 bit).
    I'm able to open a rig and edit but the 'write' option is greyed out. How do I go about saving an edited rig?

Thanks Paco, and great sounding clip. I did the profiling using my Les Paul.

Out of interest what tweaking did you do?

The Meteor lead channel is amazing sounding, but the amp has really got to be cooking to sound good. With the Kemper profile you can get this exact tone and far lower volumes.

Just uploaded 10 profiles to the rig exchange. They are as follows:

Toneking Meteor II (combo) clips:

• Clean channel set up clean
    • Clean channel set up with a little hair
    • Lead channel with midbite control half-way
    • Lead channel with midbite control full up

Mesa Lonestar Special (Head/cab) clips:

• Clean channel with two or three different settings
    • Three clips on clean channel with the following fuzz's - Fulltone Soulbender and Tonefactor Hellbilly

Thanks for the info.

For the Lonestar (head/cab version), I just miced the cab with an SM57 centred, almost touching the grill and angled in at about 45 degrees. Done profiles on both clean (but loud) channel and on channel 2. Really pleased with how the channel 2 OD sound came out.
    Just finishing doing 4 Toneking Meteor II profiles, one clean, one clean but a bit hairier, one OD with midbite control half way, and one full gain with midbite control full up . I'll definitely upload them to the exchange when I'm done.

Hi fellas,

Just bought a KPA this week and have had a good two days playing around with it (as well as reading the many informative posts here).
    Done my first profile today with my Mesa Lonestar Special (in both clean and dirty settings). For general use I'm using the power amp of the LSS (via the loop return) to run the KPA (and turning the 'monitor cab' off on the KPA).
    Is it OK to do the following?:

• Guitar into KPA and KPA into the return of the Mesa's effect loop.
    • Out of the KPA's direct out into the input of the Mesa

Then could I use the KPA's tones by switching the loop in and lowering the Mesa's channel volumes (but use the master for overall volume control) or switch the Mesa's loop off and therefore be using the Mesa's tones? More of an experiment then anything else.

Looking forward to profiling my Toneking Meteor II next followed by my Cornell Plexi 18/20.