Posts by bshaw92

The speaker is now a V30? That is not neutral....does the tweeter and the V30 give you more of a full range coverage? Was that the idea compared to th 70/80 stock. Can you elaborate on the attachment of the tweeter? What wiring needs done direct or otherwise?

I bought one and found the same with respect to the cabinet sound. What speaker did you get? I am still playing with both but the main connection is into the power engine. I a/b with my Orange head and 2x12 cabinet all the time to see how adjustments change the output. I'm a straight forward person though so I like the plug in your guitar and hear the amp sound like an amp with maybe a little delay. This is doing the job for me. I don't like playing with additional eq's (stomp box section). I'm thinking about doing an adjustment to put the power and volume control on the front but have not fully decided to do that yet.

I'm all for turning it up. There are two variables at play though the Kemper volume and the speaker/monitor volume so having a good handle on those is what I'm after. There has to be a point on the monitors that once you hit and go past you are getting the result you want..it just becomes louder after that. Maybe the question isn't comming out correctly. For example running the output at xx decibel creates the clear responsive volume point on the equipment and everything after that is simply louder. No change in feel or dynamics, but below that it sounds less clear, not as crisp and responsive. I think I've found the reference point for the equipment just wandering if the logic is there so if something changes it can be reproduced.

This also deals with taking care of your customers. I've given my Sweetwater rep two chances to make the price right within 30 days when others have gotten a better deal AT Sweetwater. Its only a matter of 200.00 but it's 200.00. I could still return the product and buy elsewhere which would cost them about the same that I've been asking about. So no to price fixing but prices fluctuate and if they give you 30 days you should get the beat deal for yourself. So after my experience I told them I won't buy from them again. Now back to playing my guitar............buyer beware!! :thumbup:

Same deal here....I don't mind spending a little extra if there is more given for the product but $200.00 from the same Company is not a good policy for doing business. If they do nothing about it I will not do business with them again. If Guitar Center carried them I know I would get a great deal as I have a good rep that takes care of me......

Has anyone used their Kemper through a Tech 21 Power Engine? I run through an FRFR speaker and I'm curious if it provides a more straight amp/cabinet like feeling compared to FRFR which is more miked amp/cabinet.

I can also attest to the FRFR setup. I run live through the FRFR for stage monitor and to FOH. I also have an FRFR at home to compare to my tube amp and it sounds better than great. The response and feel is just what I hoped for. I am still working on volume set points (Kemper, FRFR), but I could not be more pleased with the accuraccy and tone quality this setup produces. It is not close it is spot on.

I use two at different places. An Alto 12" and JBL 15". Both are Full Range Flat response no eq. Volume only. They are PA speakers so it is a similar scenario...you turn the volume up and it gets loud for both Kemper or CD. I think it becomes a point of making sure the speaker and FOH are up loud enough to get to the point of hearing what I was talking about. The volume level also opening up some of the other rigs. There should be some level that from that reference point on you get full response and touch sensitivity and from there on out it is only an increase in volume.

Ouch.. I've read the statements as well, but my question is pertaining more toward the second part of your comment. I'll see if anyone else has had some experience they can share with settings and as you stated speaker volume which is another variable that probably plays more with what I'm asking about.

I realize this is subjective, but I'm looking for feedback on what others are hearing and feeling based on their volume settings. I run my Kemper directly to the FOH and use a powered monitor next to me to hear. I know that most of the info says the amp volume should be at 12:00 or at least start there, but I am getting a lot more feeling and response as well as the "amp in the room" feel (people talk about by adjusting the cabinet volume) by simply setting the amp volume at 3.0 (not 3' oclock) ~2:00 or close to it. Some amp profiles are really dark at 12:00 (with eq's as profiled), but when turned up slightly they really open up and I can get the feel and response at any volume the monitor speaker may be set at. I am typically setting the master volume at 4.0 - 5.0 and that allows the sound guys to turn FOH levels up or down, but the response and harmonics are really on and more noticeable. So are there any rules of thumb people have developed while messing with volume settings?

Does any one have an Orange AD30HTC that they would make a profile of Chl 1 and 2 with gain at 11, 2 and 4 and eq at noon on all profiles.......please?

Turning down the return volume worked.....I just didn't see the big knob with the little twinkling lights calling my name, Thanks. Is there a value or sound I should be looking for? I ran the amp volume at about 4.3 but i got a little too muddy of sound as a result. What is the logic sequence behind the adjustment? There should be and probably is a cause-effect relationship for setting it so if anyone has the learning curve flattened I would love to know. I have some theories-(adjusting as high as possible without clipping during trials), but there may be more to consider.

I have not yet. Thanks, I will try that. I am only a week into my Kemper, and still learning the ins and outs. Should I adjust return volume only or the preamp and return? I don't want to compromise the inlet sound as the preamp has a 12ax7 and therefore adjusting the volume will have an influence...albeit probably minimal but still just curious and wanting to do it the best way.

ok, I connected the mic to an ART mic preamp and turned the input and output down....but during the profile the volume is still way to loud on 4 so it errors out. Maybe I didn't do everything I needed to. Let me know and I'll try again.