Posts by GearJocke

So you are trying to tell me that an amp made on an assembly line by machines and people that could care less about the product is going to be as good of quality as an amp that is hand wired by a few guys that live for this? I never said the build quality was bad but dont think for a second that it is even in the same league as the Archon. Like I said I owned them both. The MT15 had to go to PRS within the 1st week of receiving it to have a hum issue corrected, turn out to be a bad tube and a poorly routed harness. My Archon never had an issue and I wish I still had it.

I admit that you can get a bad product made in a fabric. That can happen with anything made in a fabric. But still so many believe the marketing bs hype about boutique amps and pedals. Just because something is handmade doesn't make it sound better. You liked the PRS better becuase of the sound and had nothing to do with if it was handmade or not. They same is true with guitars. As soon as it says made in America, and very steep price tag, they justify the price with that. No one can in a song mixed or at a live show with eyes closed hear any difference if it's ridicolus expensive handmade guitar/amp or a cheaper guitar/amp made in a fabric in the East. My point is that so many musicians are lost in a lot of myths and there are those that keep them alive simply becuase they want ppl to pay alot of money. The same is true in studios. You can take a cheap mic and get a really pro sound instead of using a 4K mic.

Yes... I probably "don't know a shite about how to set up a guitar properly".

People at Evertune must be as dumb as I am, if they have released a "new comb that is said to give back more sustain for those that lost some of it". I haven't seen that new comb. Could you extend on that?

Thanks!

I never said you don't know how to set up a guitar did I? I don't know you but if you feel guilty of that...:D

This is how the comb looked like in the video on the right.

https://www.evertune.com/resou…d_installation_videos.php

This is how the new comb looks like if you scroll down you see it on the left.

https://www.evertune.com/shop/parts.php

Why some got little less sustain I don't know. If it because of the installer or something else? Anyway no the guys at Evertune are not dumb. Like in all business there's a thing as called upgrade with new mark II, mark III...:rolleyes:

Some say they lost some sustain. Some, like me, didn't loose anything. Some complain the same about less sustain with floating trems like FR or any of Ibanez versions. I've never had less sustain with either FR or Ibanez trems. I guess the complainers don't now a shite about how to set up a guitar properly. Now evertune released a new comb that is said to give back more sustain for those that lost some of it.

You can whisper which two. we won't be telling anyone.

Thanks. But I forgot the most used plugin I bought last year: Lindell 80 series. I use that to replace the UAD 1073 , since I haven't got enough DSP-power to run an instance on all channels. The Lindell fixed that problem for me ;-) And it comes with a separate bus emulation as well.

Repro is really brilliant. This is one of the very few emulations that it is on par with what the Kemper does for guitar amplification.

That's the reason I left that UAD rabbit hole a longer time ago. Vultures are what they are. They make their plugins more and more hungry so you need more and more to be able to run enough of instances of the plugins. No need for dsp this days. The only plugin I miss is the Roland D chorus. No one has made another great version of it yet.

Worth The wait!!!! Ivan sent me the profiles. They are insane!!! The Diezel are some of the best I have heard. All I can say is wow!!!

Thanks Ivan!!

Good to know. Profiles that sounds killer and you just wan to play and play and you find inspiration for a new riff/song, that's awsome. :thumbup:

And now the year 2019 is closing soon. Only a couple of days left. Did I buy anything? Well some good profile packs. The only software I bought was soothe. A must plugin for getting rid of harsh frequencies no matter if it's vocals, cymbals or guitars. But a plugin that need to be used sparingly for best results. Updated Cubase from 9.5 to 10.5. Bought the upgrade for 50% during summer so it was a long wait. Didn't buy any new or used guitar but sold two. I will probably buy another guitar in the year 2020. :)

Your sound card is just fine. I use spdif and get a very good sound with my guitars. I use spdif becuase I always want to have DI tracks saved. Chop tones track above is both mixed and mastered(limited as loud as possible). The louder the better we believe it to be. Choose profiles that sounds great in a mix not great in solo. That's the biggest mistake most guitarists do. Choose two that complement each other. If you just choose the same for double tracking all you end up with is a bigger mono not stereo.

Back in the day the industry complained when cassettes were launched. Ppl could record songs from the radio instead of buying the ep. I did like all kids did then. So i can see Reufus point. Copy protection won't work but still dev's claim e.g. Ilok is for. Everybody that use software plugins know that is utter bs today. Warez users just download and install. Others like me who have paid plugins need to use ilok for certain plugins. Waves installer program and other similar. Some updates with ilok won't work and I have to go thru the hassle of going back to the last update again that worked because no Ilok plugins work with the newest update. :rolleyes: X(The same can happen with waves installer program. They don't make it easy for us paying customers.

Swapping pickups is one of the best ways to make a cheap guitar better and is definitely worth exploring. Even a magnet swap in a humbucker can and will change the tone. Experimentation is how you find you're tone and not copy someone elses.

I've owned several cheap guitars in my lifetime and still do. Just because a guitar is cheap doesn't mean it isn't a great guitar. Take a look at the entire PRS SE line, all pretty much under $1K but are phenomenally well built with great tone and playability. The stock pickups are good, but drop a set of US made PRS pickups or a set of Seymour Duncans and the guitar becomes an amazing instrument.

It depends on the brand, Bulldog. I agree that prs se are great guitars and should had said it depends on what brand. But Ibanez grg aren't exactly in the same league as a prs se. I know becuase I have owned one and not worth upgrading. I have countless time seen cheaper guitars for sale and the owner have done that, swapped pickups. Pickups that cost almost as the guitar. Most cheaper guitars end up on for sale anyway. Better to sell it and buy another used guitar with pickups you will like or eventually swap pickups.

I don't remember which vendor that put up where three or for(?)different guys played the same guitar and pick and the same profile here on the forum. If we hadn't been told it was different guys playing I would believed it was different profiles used. So yes it makes a huge different who's playing and can never sound identical to someone else no matter what.