Posts by GearJocke

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3:43 Frank: What to do when he's playing his violin solo? I take a brake and light and smoke a cigarette :D

How about the input on the kemper? Does it hit read all the time when using high gain profiles? Have you updated to the last drivers on the interface? Does other users of the interface have the same or similar problem?

I did check that Fractal forum blocked some QC demos because paid videos are not allowed in that forum. Not the case in this forum.

Wasn't kemper disscusions at fractal forum erased, at least when kemper was new if I remember correct?

I think hes a shocking player...just seems otherworldly...often dismissed as purely a widdler but some of his stuff has some real emotion in it.

I think he's great. he's also not a bad person, just a diva...I see that is a bit of fun, playing up to the rock pretensions!

I remember buying the live in Japan video in 1984...yes...1984...and feeling physically sick watching his playing...never seen anything like it before and nearly gave up on the spot.

Graham Bonnet explains what it was like to work with him:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The one thing I'd really like to see happening is the ability to capture entire rigs including multiple stacked OD pedals. The Kemper can't do this realistically, yet, at least to my ears. I'm not talking about modulation pedals which would be impossible to profile because of their temporal nature I guess, but profiling multiple (static) stacked OD or boost pedals should be possible someday.

I think the Kemper is great for people who use profiles of clean or distorted amps without much pedals in the chain and rely on amps for breakup. I personally play high headroom amps which don't break up 99% of the time and I rely on pedals for grit. I have yet to come close to the sound I get when stacking my OD pedals through an analog amp.

True. When I compare a profile with a baked in od and the same profile without od and use my od, it sounds better than the baked in od.

as a player, in cover bands, for 55+ years. I’m a less is more player.
    ‘I find an Amp, a touch of reverb, and a little delay occasionally, covers over 90% , 0f the

100’s of songs that I play

Od, amp, and delay for leads is all I need. Period. For coming up with new ideas I like sometimes playing with other effects in kemper.

This debate is similar to the vst debates. I want better VST's I want more realistic VST's, more realistic string library etc. So does it matter if you can't make a good song with what you have? Guitarists should worry more about being a good guitarist, creating better, or more inspiring riffs, nail that cover song etc than worry too much about the tone. The same is true in the VST world. I mean listen to the cheesy synth sound on Led Zeppelins All my love. It works becuase it's a great song. A great song is always most important. The guitar tone doesn't matter so much as guitarists like to believe.

External Content youtu.be

Say what you want. I have just a ton of respect for this man!

Just watch his right hand. So relaxed and it looks like he doesn't do much with it but really does. I know many don't like him as a person and..well he's not the most humble and nicest guy. But he can't be worse than Ted Nugent. But if I had to like all famous musicians I like I would have stop to listen to more bands. ^^

QC is going to be awesome.

You guys being overly defensive about your KPA’s and nitpicking every little thing to avoid admitting that the KPA could use an update are going to miss out.

I personally don't see an update as an important factor. I'm happy as it is. It sounds awesome. The effects have been updated already and are very good too. I don't need anything else. Maybe a new guitar. I rather buy a new, or used, guitar than a qc or a kemper 2.

I agree with Alienator, we, Kemper users, don't need a Kemper 2. Because we all know that It already works great for live and for recording. In fact my lunchbox works great since I got it in 2013 and I never felt the need to replace it by anything else. And I like so much that I never feel this pressure since then because Kemper still get updates again and again for free!

Now, unfortunately, maybe the Kemper team need a Kemper 2 because they are actually loosing a segment of their customers who always want to have the new hyped shiny toy with the most powerfull DSP and the most beautiful touch screen etc. But if you take a minute and look at it without emotion, you'll see that there is no ''game changing'' in the new toy (apart from the fact that maybe you NEED multiple amps setup... really??). Just a more powerfull package with most probably a lot of bugs to iron out for a few months and maybe more. I think QC will be a very good option but it does not offer enough to make me change my trusty Kemper 1.

Amen to that brother.

For some strange reason I never found any profile of the axefx2/3 that I would use in any situation.Strange enough.I found them all (and there are plenty of them in the RE) cold as ice,no feel,sterile and boring.Though they all remind me of the amp they try to emulate.No doubt.

I mean they sound "good" in terms of "tone" ..but it is like an audio vampire has sucked all the blood out of these tones..

I don't know if they're more difficult to profile like amp sims from the computer are . But I agree, I have tried profiles made from axefx too and I've erased them after I tested them cause they sound sterile and boring.

You're probably right, but I rather enjoyed the release of the Kemper Stage. It was so refreshing to simply be able to buy it shortly after being announced and not join an interminable list.

I've never been a fan of this modern pre-book your item either.