Posts by GearJocke

I agree when the topic was discussed in a another thread where we seemed to agree there and someone wrote "Polytune is a great idea, in theory. But it doesn't work." I had a polytune but when kemper updated the tuner I sold the pedal and don't miss it.

We can thank the gods for tons of gain where one can bury crap playing, especially solos. :D And you're right, lower gain, or even clean. will improve technique.

I used a Digitech GNX 4. Very old.

I guess I’ll just keep practising with the Kemper and see if I get used to it.

Well no wonder why. It took me a little shorter while to polish away my sloppy playing so will you too. As cjgomez said the kemper is less forgiving. Just like a real hw amp is.

What old floorboard did you use? A Boss floorboard? Anway there's no difference playing legato on a real hardware amp and a kemper. I used to use amp sims in the computer and when I bought a kemper I realised how sloppy I had become playing guitar. Simply because, at least then, amp sims masked a lot. Maybe that was the case with your old floorboard?

You can also use the main outs with monitors or two FRFRs, and the monitor out with a cab, which is like having FOH plus the cab. And obviously two Kempers with a cab each, using the same profile and two different cabs, or even two profiles, dual amping. If money is no problem.... And the neighbours won't complain...And the wife won't either...:) But we are asking too much from our Kemper, however versatile It may be...

Sure but robbon is talking about inside the kemper and not using monitors or two FRFR. You're still stuck with one profile and one cab and not one amp and two cabs as he wish for. :)

It’s actually called Dimension chorus and I really think it might be the best chorus plugin I’ve found.

Fired up kemper and the chorus in cubase and yes it is at least one of the best chorus plugins. Period. Perfect to blend in and fatten up a solo or clean sound. Anyone who hasn't downloaded yet and uses DAW, get it now.

just a head's up, Wampler has a few free plugins taken from their Terraform pedal. One is a really good chorus. There's a vibe which is ok and an envelope follower that's exceptional.

Soundtoys Microshift and Little Microshift do a pretty good Dim C and a great DMX width that I use a lot.

Thanks for the Wampler plugins information. Installed and played with them. Can work good on other things than guitars too.

Fizziness is rare in clean profiles. You may have a problem in the interface. There are profiles out there with fizz and phase issues, but there are lots that sound great. If most sound bad to you .. I thought you had already listened to the Kemper directly, but now I think It may be a DAW issue or something.

I had a tc electronics konnekt 6 interface when I bought my kemper. No matter what, all profiles sounded too bright and fizzy. I wanted to use spdif for reamping so I sold that interface and bought another interface and no more too bright and fizzy sound. Well some fizz with some profiles. But hey, listen to raw guitar tracks made by well known producers/engineers. It's not uncommon with fizz or some whistling sounds that needs to be carved out. And some of them can sound less good on it own . And still, when all instruments in the mix is finished , the guitars sounds great. You can hear ppl sometimes complain that their vst drum plugin doesn't sound good enough. They don't know what they are talking about. The problem with drum plugins is not that they sound bad. On the contrary, they sound too good compared to how most real raw drums sounds like. But great mixed, and mostly today, at least in the metal genre, together with drum samples, the drums sounds amazing.

That is not correct, mate.

Plugin Alliance has some that are bit-for-bit identical to the UAD equivalents.

Monkeyman he's talking about UADs own plugins and not third party plugins. But you're right about third party plugins like PA. And another truth is that you can use more instances of any of those plugins than on a UAD card. So I don't understand why someone would pay for any third party plugin for their cards. And you have to pay them same amount of money. UAD make all their plugins so cpu hungry becuase they want you to buy another card. And it's already been proven that you can't use as many instances of any plugin as UAD claim. No wonder I sold my card years ago.

Well good for you. Me myself is not very keen of Lasses tones. But everyone has different taste. But I like profiles without OD too and use my own and sometimes swap a cab can make the difference.