Posts by GearJocke

And I know that guitar tones on albums are usually far different than what you hear while playing yourself, but how do I get a darker Fuller sound? EQ just doesn't seem to be doing it. That's why I thought maybe a pickup change would be good.

Do you have too low action? Because too low action will give you a scratchy and brighter sound. I can't say if that's the case for you but many users complaining the kemper doesn't sound good should start with the source first, namely the guitar.

For some reason, when using high gain profiles the pure cab can get strange artifacts and a fizzy treble. Usually when it’s off it is a noticeable difference, and some profiles really smooth out once it goes just up to 0.1; yet others sound best off. There obviously can be profiles and setups that work with pure cab at higher levels, but I find pretty consistently that 0.1 or off works best for high gain.

I have pure cab off permanently. If some profiles sound bad, I can't see pure cab makes a difference. Bad profiles are bad profiles and I erase them and replace with profiles that sound good on all my guitars and pickups. Problem solved.

It's gonna be expensive, but for some who require tonnes of VI's, tracks and FX processing at high sample rates and low-buffer settings, I've a feeling it's gonna be irresistible, especially if video editing forms part of their workflow as well.

If you're just a lowly Kemperite, think of how many tracks you'll be able to record, overdub and play back at high-SR and low-buffer settings. 8o

You don't need something like this to record many tracks. Even an old machine will do it. More if you've got like 150 files in a mix that make your old machine get down on it's knees. 8o

A cheaper version would make sense, but not by eliminating the ability to profile. The real savings is making a smaller product, cutting out hardware and building a smaller product. The easiest way to do this is to design a 2-3 footswitch pedal KPA that has no effects and solely handles profiling, and serves as a convenient DI on a pedal board. This alone would eliminate half the knobs and switches and a few jacks. It would also serve another market, users that are dedicated to traditional pedal boards and want the profiler to just be a small piece on their pedal board, vs. running four cables back and forth to an unpowered head.

The problem is that what should and should not be included. No effects you say? Then others would complain about that. Everyone has their own vision of what a cheaper version should be like. And is there a market for it? For sure? Would it be a gain or pain for Kemper? Is it more profitable with the kemper as it is now? Maybe they have discussed a cheaper version but came to the conclusion no. We don't know and they will not tell us anyway.

It sounds and looks like an ampsim and that is what it is. Nothing more. I tested the demo and for being an ampsim it was good. But no ampsim comes close to the kemper. It's just not possible with only software. All ampsims are emulations and nothing more. We have seen many dev's claim their ampsim(s) sounds just like the real deal. Some of them comes close, like 50-60%. Some less and some of them don't sound like the hardware at all.

I

For me the Champ was the worst example(Champ) (very different examples in terms of sound brakeup ) but it is spot on according to Steven.

This is a common trick . When something sounds wrong, you should say a lot at the moment that it's perfect. The viewer's attention is distracted at this point from listening to the source.

And no one should trust anything that comes out of Slates mouth. ^^ I believe most of the ampsims demo sounds by any Dev are fake. They sound really good but once I download them and try them with a high end guitar, pickups and soundcard and they just sound like...like an ampsim. Dull and lifeless. Sounds nothing close to the demo sounds.

Not very convincing.

At least for me, I had (and kept) all my drive pedals when I bought the KPA. Even the Tube Screamer.

Working on a midi solution to run them all in the loop via a switcher like the VooDoo Lab Hex or possibly a Disaster Area DPC. :)

Let us know when it's finished. :)

Tones that sounds killer in solo will probably not work well in a mix nor with a band. Great for practice and ideas though. Go thru profiles you have rejected. With so many profiles you've gone thru the hard truth is that it's you who need to change your ideal of what a killer sound is and how to achieve it. Most great sounds you hear on records sounds quite dull and uninspiring on their own. It's together with the rest that make the guitar tone to come alive.

Hi, is there anybody who tried to tune drop C on baritone guitar with 711mm (28) scale? I know that for this tuning just normal scale, but the baritinove guitars I play better and tuning I would keep. Thanks for the strings tips

There's no easy answer. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. But I agree with a metal producer who said most guitarists uses too thin strings. At least for recording it's true and most metal guitarists want to hit hard and dig into the strings . Does the string gauge you use keep the guitar in tune long enough? Intonation good?

You can't expect profiles to sound the same 100%. That's never going to happen. It doesn't matter if you have the same guitar and pickups. We all sound different. I believe it was the profiler Cililab here on the forum that had a couple of different guitarists play the same guitar, pick and profile and if he hadn't told us that I would believed it was a couple of different profiles. When vendors make their profiles they refine their profiles to suite their guitars and playing style. So that is why the rest of us many times have to tweak the profiles a little. And some profiles we just don't like and that's fine too. Anyway I can clearly here the vendors profiles are much more limited and the higher the better it sounds. Nothing wrong with how it sounds from you. And it also depends, do you want pofiles to sound good on their own or in a band context, live or mixed. Or all three?

Mhhh... I would disagree.
    It's a common experience with the KPA that people unsatisfied with how the unit sounds have changed their mind after profiling their own amps.
    Your (negative) experience may well fall under the same general issue of not being satisfied with others' profiles.

I've never said I'm no satisfied with other's profiles. Did I? All I said was about baked in OD's and distortion and nothing more. Please read properly before you accuse me of something that's not true.