Posts by GearJocke

What we believe makes the difference and not the truth. If I didn't know what Germanium or Silicon was and I was told many times one of them is better than the other then I would probably hear that difference and believed it was true for me which one is the best. That's plain psychology and been proven over and over again. The world is full of myths we insist to believe in and that's fine as long we don't try to shovel it down others throats. We hear illusion and we see illusion.

I purchased a tone ninja. Whaaat???? you probably say. =O:) The shop i order from doesn't seem to have grah tech anymore so i was a little dissapointed so had to order tone ninja guitar nut and thought well at least I have to give it a try. To my surprise i liked it better than graph tech I use and have used on other guitars so if are in need of a new guitar nut need give them a try you too. 8)

It is my beginner's impression that the workaround does it job nicely for cleans and light overdrives, but not so much for moderate to high distortions ... I think I would still appreciate a full, proper stomp-box implementation in the style of the original Boss Slow Gear.

Agree. It doesn't happen too much and enough with more high gain.

No pictures, AJ, 'cause it hasn't happened... yet.

It's not just the hefty prices we pay for audio retail down here. In this case, it's private shipping. Prices found so far have been $900 to, I think, $1100. I could fly across Australia twice for that, and that's a long way. The Yanks can ship guitars to Europe for $150 to $250.

How ridiculous is that? :huh: ;(

So everything is down under there? :) And I always believed it was more expensive in Europe than the rest of the world.

Well it was a little bright for my taste and it wasn't as good as some other profiles, commercial profiles I like but I believe you will become better and better and for being the first profile it's not bad at all. Well that's my honest opinion but others might think this is great as it is. We all have different taste what works for us or not. Anyhow I clicked yes since it' s not bad. ;)

Get out. I love you. Not sure how you don't know of this "band" (solo act with an intentionally handicapped sister/drummer), but I wish I was you.

But damn if that isn't one of the top five catchiest riffs in the last 20 years or so.

No seriously I've heard of them. There are so many band and artists today that I've never heard and don't care either. Sign of getting old. :):S

If you hadn't said they use the same stuff I would believe they used different profiles. The first sounds darker, the second slightly more treble, or presence, and the third slightly more bright.

When I swaped soundcard from Saffire to SPL Crimson I had to route in Cubase differently so it might be that you need to do that too with Logic. But the it should be something similar to the video I posted. Damn it took me probably an hour before I got it right to reamp. Just keep on trying till you get it right. I know it can be frustrating but you will solve it eventually.

I thought this one was interesting and worth watching

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All tracks not usable? Get a new engineer. I really mean it. An engineer that throws that right in the face is obvious not a very smart guy. If he was worthy the name he would probably say something like this, look the tones may sound good in solo but not the best ones in a mix. I could be true that you have choosed profiles that work better in isolation rather than in a song. Anyway hire someone else.

Tim @ LiveReadySound has a really cool Rockerverb/ReVv MKII dual amp rig in his Rockerverb pack, hopefully he'll do more soon.

75% of STL's Will Putney pack are dual-amp rigs. Their David Bendeth pack (a much better pack to me, not that Putney's isn't good, it is) has a few Naylor+Pitbull and Naylor+VH4 that i really like.

Thanks I will check it.

No no specific band sound. I'm too old to care about things like that. 8o I just want to sound like me. But dual amp recording is a very common thing nowadays and gives another flavor.

Are there more dual amps high-gain (and not daddy rock amp profiles:P) out there? I purchased Till's Chimera profiles when they were released but can't recall I seen more of dual amps. If not, we need more of them. 8)