Posts by GearJocke

If you record and mix your songs, don't dismiss profiles you like less. They may be the right one's in the mix and not the one's you like best in solo. Chances are the profiles you like best in solo won't sound good in the mix.

... and there I thought sardines and apples were different-enough to drive the point home, but you guys managed to tie them together.

Geez. Creative types. :S:D

The point cannot be overemphasised 'though. It's no different from when folks ask that we be able to Profile synthesisers. One can no more send the Space Wars™ signal through a conventional synthesiser to capture its soul than one can in the case of a .WAV file.

Dev's claim they have emulated vintage synths 100% and the reality is no. Most have never owned them so they believe it's true and those that own or have owned those synths know it's not true. I've never been that guy that wanted to have the exact same sound as someone else. I always wanted to go my own way. Both in life in general and musically- I mean who wants to walk in someone elses shoes?

Well I believe there are more here but like me playing right handed. There were almost no left handed guitars in music shops when I started to play and if, they costed at least 1000$. That's like 2000$ today. Too much for a teenager 34 years ago.

Interesting.
    I don't have this problem with my Edge Pro equipped Jem 555 or my PRS Torero. Were there any particular strings that were giving you trouble?

Do you mean the treble or bass strings? I can tell you all of them slipped out. The bass strings first and then the treble strings in about 30 minutes. I tried like 6-7 times and with the same result.

I second that. The nut should be as low as it can be. Nuts on new guitars are almost always too high. I remember i started a thread about that and some didn't understand why even thou I explained why.

Your sure it's not pleked?

The kemper is already a studio tool. If you want very similar profiles you can simply ask some profilers to make them for you. Why you love someones guitar tone isn't just so much because the guitar tone in itself. It sounds great because of the rest of the bands instruments and performance and the how it was mixed together.

I picked up the guitar 84. It was metal that made me wanted to play guitar. No one in the family did play anything so it was just my owen decision. A seller in a music shop sold a crap guitar to me he wanted to get rid of. So easy to fool a young teenager with his first couple of months saved salary. :thumbdown:

A friend of mine who is a very good producer in Germany once said something very true about Vivian Campbell..that he is was of the "biggest influence"-players for his generation without to get any credits for this..not back then and not later..this is very true imo.I mean he was never the shred guy like all the others back then but the way he did all these melodic stuff and his phrasing/tone indeed influenced all guitar players back then who asked themselves how to implement "melodies" within this endless Hardrock/metal shred of the 80s.

Indeed Viv is a killer guitar player.He still is.

His riffs and solos on Holy Diver is still one of my favorites. Damn so good.

More and more bands choose Kemper instead of a real amp. Time changes so I'm not suprised Deff Leppard choose something else than a real amp.Anyway Adrenalize was a big disappointment and was the beginning of the downfall and I stopped being a fan. Bands shouldn't have a too long lifespan.

The Parallel Path is off i have tried on and off, dont know what it is, but have tried.

I reset my kemper but it dont help, maybe i shall try to downgrade to the non beta version?

I dont know how to upload a sound clip on this page,

If you got soundcloud or something similar just paste the link here.

I have not had this problem before so i dont think that would help, when i use transpose and set it on 2 or -2 or what ever besides 0 i sound weird like 2 guitars not in tuning.

That is what you will hear if it's not loud enough. Try record and listen if it sounds ok then.