Posts by nakedzen

Uploaded a couple more. Crunch channel profiles were lacking in gain so I bumped it up a bit and slammed the front with a JHS 3 series OD.

OD is the switch up (open mode) and OD2 is the switch down (compressed mode).

Settings are the same as above post in the same order

04 PV 6505C OD

04 PV 6505C OD2

05 PV 6505C OD

05 PV 6505C OD2

06 PV 6505C OD

06 PV 6505C OD2

Sound (05 PV 6505C OD)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Decided to try something a bit unorthodox since I couldn't find my 57 anywhere.

V7 is a vocal mic, but looking at the specs it seems almost identical to the V7X instrument mic. V7 just has a small sibilance boost at 10k and 3k.

Personally quite happy with the tones. 1960BV cab with the stock speakers (Marshall Vintage), mic on the edge of the dust cap an inch off the cloth.

Short video of chug chug

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Guitar with Lumi Pickups model Tidal Disruption.

01 6505C

01 6505L

02 6505C

02 6505L

03 6505C

03 6505L

01 settings

02 settings

03 settings

STL Tones DSL 100, with Tidal Disruption humbucker. Caveman chug chug chug

External Content soundcloud.com

Another one, different pickup, same guitar and profile.

STL Tones 5150 II profile, my SMBH active humbucker in a korina neckthrough. Quad tracked.

Edit: Updated with less pumping compression.

No real way of knowing how pickups sound playing a metal riff unless it was against a track. And then you may have to double it. Metal tones are really not pleasant to listen to on their own.

Here's a short one!

Testing a new pickup prototype in a korina neckthrough.

Excuse the playing. :D

My weird experiment. Got some odd 20 years dried pine blanks as a gift from my in-laws, so I had to use them for something. So I started with the idea of trying out how a P90 loaded Bass VI would sound like. Well it ended up as "not good" with P90's. :D Redid the pickups routes for EMG's and now it sounds fantastic.

6-strings, 30" scale, pine body, birch veneer top, maple neck, padauk board. Stainless frets, green glowy dots. Couple other experiments with this as well, again tried to rehearse my binding work, which ended not so good (again). I'll maybe redo the binding in the future. Also tried to do some inlays with my Aufero laser, which didn't work out very well either. :D The insides worked perfectly, but the board itself ended up taking some fire damage so I had to fill the gaps with CA and end result is not so pretty.

Oh well, it's a practice piece and it sounds good so enough for me.

Clip with STL tones profile

7-string version

Took over from my decade long Dual Rec profile favorite that I made from my rackmount rev G.

Pretty much all work great for metal rhythm guitar. 8)

Short video:

Thanks for checking it out guys! The midrange on mine is focused on the low mids, around 400-600Hz, where the EMG is around 1.2khz. I wouldn't call the EMG thin, just that these are very thick in comparison. :d

They all sound good to me, I like the first and last ones best. Nice riffage.

Thanks! It would be great to find someone to demo some faster stuff with these, I can only go for mid tempo swedish melodeath. :D

Completely unscientific full mix comparison:

I've been working on some active pickup models for the past year, almost done now.

Just looking for some feedback on the tone. These are geared for heavier styles with high output and low noise.

Supermassive Black Hole (Alnico 5)
    Dark Matter Halo (lower wound, ceramic)
    Tidal Disruption (alnico 5, blade pickup)
    EMG 81

Differences are not huge, since it's the same guitar and amp settings for all.

Edit: Full mix: