Posts by Kempermaniac

Update: Somehow Tom King read my post here about not getting through to him via email, so he contacted me via the Kemperforum (thanks again, Tom!). And these are the news about the Active wedge (I hope it is ok if I post it here):

"We're out of stock on the Active Wedge. New inventory for Europe is expected in late June/early July at this point. We are just waiting for a few long lead time parts to come in then we'll go right into production."

End of the story: I switched to the Active Cab, which is still in stock and I'm very excited! :P

I've been on the active wedge list since March 25th too. Wrote two mails to Tom King in the meantime, but I didn't receive an answer yet. This is a bit disappointing. If I remember right, Ingolf was on the list since the middle of March and received his CLR some weeks ago...

Maybe this discription is easier to keep in mind (in this example I'm referring to a C maj chord):

ionian = no change (C maj scale)
    dorian = flat 7th --> Bb maj scale over C maj
    phrygian = flat 6th --> Ab maj scale over C maj
    lydian = perfect 5th --> G maj scale over C maj
    mixolydian = perfect 4th --> F maj scale over C maj
    aeolian = flat 3th --> Eb maj scale over C maj
    locrian = flat 2th --> Db maj scale over C maj

The thing about it is to keep in mind the intervals (flat 7th, flat 6th and so on), because this way you can adapt it to any other major chord. For example: If you want to play dorian over G maj, play the F maj scale. Second thing to keep in mind, referring to my last example: In G dorain you're playing an F maj scale over G maj, but the root note of this F maj scale is G! The root note never changes!

Hope this helps, but it's really hard to explain, because I'm not a native speaker.

Hey folks!

There are some great storytellers here and Guitartone's thread about how he first got in touch with Pink Floyd brings me to the idea of collecting your stories. So here is my:

Back in spring 1980 I was 12 (born in '67), still a kid and in love with ABBA and - of course - with Agnetha and Annafried! :D By the way: I still love ABBA's music very much. Great melodies, great composing, great arrangements. But back to topic. There was a radioshow back in 1980 and I recorded it with a tapedeck, but without listening to the show itself. I checked the tape later and so I first heard AC/DC's "Touch too much". Man, I found it bad! But then I listened again and again to the tape and "Touch too much" sounded better and better to my ears. I ended up grabbing my baseball bat and playing imaginary guitar to that song...haha.
    Then in school I talked to a mate during sports and he told me about AC/DC's Live album "If you want blood you've got it". I bought the album and first found it....hmmmm. But by listening again I found it better and better and...I was addicted! I wanted to play guitar! My parents bought me a cheap guitar and I remember how my fingertips hurted when playing on it. Later my father bought me my first electric guitar - an Ibanez Roadstar. I still own it and I will NEVER sell it!

End of the story: With three school mates we founded our first and last band in 1984 and we're still making music together today (but with a new drummer). What's your story?

Greetings from Berlin/Germany and keep on rocking!

To be honest, I don't get the point of the whole discussion. When I bought my KPA, I knew I'll need some kind of amplifier and I knew I'll need some kind of footcontroller, if I'd like to play live, not only in my bedroom. I knew I'll have to spend some extra money for these two things. So nothing's new now on not getting a powered KPA. The facts are still the same, but with one advantage: I can buy an amplifier, that perfectly fits my needs and I'm not depending on a stiff power-solution.