Posts by Kempermaniac

@ practicing: It's a good advice to lower the gain and switch off all effects, but to me it's only half of the truth, because: Live or in any other band situation the damping and precise playing becomes more important (if you're playing with more gain than you practice). So imho that needs some practicing too! 8)

The GCP will allow you to enter patch names so, although it won't receive info from the KPA, it can be set up with a bit of extra work.

Let me throw in the FC-300 again, because I forgot to mention this feature. You can enter patchnames as well on the FC-300. And it has two integrated pedals. To me the patchname feature is an advantage vs. the FCB 1010.

Hey Deny! I did exactly the same yesterday with the clean sense (Music Man Luke with active PU's). The only difference is: It was set to 6.0 and it barely lit yellow. Now I lowered it to 3.0 so that it stays green. I'm yet not sure about the influence of that setting on my tone because I didn't have time enough to check. But my first impression was that it sounds better now.

On my setup the input is never locked because this allows to dial in the right amount of noise gate threshold on each rig. What I do with noisy rigs is to place the 2:1 or the 4:1 (depends on the noise of the rig) in Stomp A with threshold set to zero. This pretty much kills a lot of noise, especially the 4:1. The rest of the noise I'm killing with the internal noise gate (only little settings of about 1.0 to 2.5 are necessary because of the 4:1 in Stomp A).

Hope I could at least correct some of your comment, Kempermaniac.

Hey, everything's fine. :)
    My point wasn't the librarian software. It was just an example and must be seen in the whole context of my post. Personally I would love to have a librarian software or/and an editor.
    And as a side note: It's not that easy to make every point as clear as I want, because I'm no native speaker.

Ok, here are my 2 Cents as a newbie on this forum (I'm a newbie here, but as Ingolf I was a moderator over at the german Line6-Forum for 10 years...so I read it all before): The problem with all those feature requests, gimme this, gimme that, why can't we save more than 1000 rigs, we want a whammy, a pitch shifter, a librarian and so on is the attitude behind it. All over the planet we're heading towards a 1-Click-Society, where we can get everything at the touch of a button. And now with the KPA even amps (I mean, do you remember the time, when we had to lift our asses out of the chair to switch channels on TV?). But behind the "1-Click-ordering-of-everything" there's still some work to do to get it running. The work behind that isn't 1-Click! We should never forget this.

If we believe, that Kemper owes us something, we're wrong. Kemper owes us nothing but a toaster, which is running and has the features, that were advertised, when we bought it. We gave the money, we got the toaster. Simple and fair as that. It wasn't like: If you buy a KPA, you get a librarian, or a whammy, or a pitch shifter. And it wasn't like: If you buy a KPA you can store as much rigs as you want or you can run two profiles at once. It wasn't like: If you buy a KPA, the developer will read and comment all your posts on the forum. All we get above the toaster we bought is a gift. I mean, we don't go to the supermarket to say: Hey, I bought a bread yesterday and if you don't give me butter for free now, I'll get very very angry.

The second point on all those things is: Nobody of us users know, how the KPA works in detail. What do we know about the problems of developing e.g. a librarian? Nothing do we know about it, that's the simple truth. And if somebody of us knows, why don't you create it?

Third point: What do we know about Kempers time management? I mean, there was the NAMM, there will be the Musikmesse, maybe they have families, wifes, children, friends. Maybe they are ill on a few days like we all are sometimes. Maybe they're just happy to sit down and drink a beer after a day full of work and not to read posts on a forum, where everybody cries for a different thing.

Sorry for the long post. I don't want to offend anyone of you, just to make it clear. All I want to say is, that maybe all of us must change our mind on certain things.

I'm on the reserve list since March, 9.
    I haven't yet got a notification...
    Warum schreibt er dir und nicht mir?? :?:

I got my notification half an hour after I mailed him, that I want to be
    on the reserve list. Then I mailed again and asked him about shipping
    and an european partner. 15 minutes later I got an answer... :)

@ Ingolf: Ich wohne in der Hauptstadt, du nur in Hamburg. :D