Posts by Janne

I'd love something along the lines of TCs new pedal as a FX in the KPA :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's not like flipping a switch and suddenly the KPA have USB-audio interface, and CK is only withholding it to be mean.

Adding something like that is probably 6 to 12 month (just guessing, could be more) of assigning development resources that perhaps could be used for other features that are more inline with Kemper future roadmap for the KPA.

Basically adding <feature X> equals removing/postponing something else... Product development is a series of tough decisions.

Hmm... I downloaded the free/demo profiles for the pack and I must say I can't really say that much about them... since I got stuck on the first one I tried (the Silverback) and just got carried away!
    I never got to another profile until I had to shutdown for the night.

This pack is now on top of my 'to-buy' list...

Since You're not among for a true Telecaster sound, what about John Suhrs 'holy grail' combination? Basswood with a maple top.
    I have that in my Standard Pro and it's an amazing combo.
    I'm actually thinking of a third Suhr in the future, something along the lines of a Modern shape with Basswood/Maple top and a maple/pau ferro set-neck...

I'm very impressed in how the SY-300 seems to handle tracking. In one video Alex H showed how it flawlessly followed string bends and even the wammybar.
    But I also were a bit unimpressed by the sounds they were using, but on the other hand I've never really been impressed by how Roland/Boss have demoed their guitar synths before either...

I'd love to have something like this in the KPA, but I guess that the SY-300 has as much CPU power as the KPA, if not more!
    So having something like this as a FX in the KPA might not be possible with the current hardware...

But Christoph might have som magical powers, the KPA itself are a good indication on that itself... ;)

Well, I have a Suhr Modern Govan Guthrie signature and a Pro Standard. And they both are wonderful instruments and together with my KPA I can see that I will never "need" another guitar or amp.
    I have sold the Fender Strat and PRS Custom 24 that were my main guitars before discovering Suhr, I had figured that I would keep them around for a 'selection of sounds' but in reality there were nothing they could bring that my Suhr couldn't as well, or better.
    I do have huge respect for both Music Man and Tom Anderson but I haven't found a MM neck that I felt comfortable with and I personally feel that Suhr is a bit more 'organic' (whatever that should mean?) than the TA guitars I've tried. YMMW!

As I got some money to spend for equipment, I tested all guitars to test out here... I was looking for the ultimate axe for me:
    the Guthrie Govan Signature from Suhr... you can get one in the Custom Shop... or find one at some dealers.
    Since then I am happy... Suhr and Kemper - nothing more on stage, in studio or practicing at home.

Yup, I also have a Suhr GG signature and it's wonderful. I can't imagine a more versatile and great sounding & playing instrument.

It's running at 128 now, should be decent enough, no?

It's a bit on the low'ish side, try 512 or 1024 and see if that helps.
    And I missed that you used BFD, I had version 1.0-1.5 for a while and could never get it to perform reliably. I switched to Toontracks offerings and haven't any problems since. (Disclaimer, I've not tried any recent versions of BFD and I guess they have a more stable product now)
    BFD does tax the disc and they don't recommend to run it from the system drive since it might clash with the OS disc usages.

+100
    On Saturday I'm going to do some 'session work' at a friends studio and I just realised that I have all the great sounds in the RM and not in my KPA...
    And since I don't really know what sounds I will need, it would have been killer to just have the RM on my iPhone (or iPad) with my sounds.

I did choose the Line6 Sonic Port for the obvious reson of being 24 bit and having dedicated inputs and outputs.
    Too many interfaces relies on using the headphone output of the iPhone/iPad...