Posts by jojo

Natürlich kann man das machen. Das Netzteil ist abgesetzt. Du solltest halt Ahnung von Electronic haben oder jemanden Kenner der Ahnung hat. Moderne DSP Professoren arbeiten mit 3,3V ältere mit 5V das Analoge Zeug PreAmps etc arbeiten mit +15 und - 15V manchmal auch mit +12V und -12V. Man sollte halt im ersten schritt as Netzteil vom Board trennen und alle Spannungen nachmessen. Leider hat niemand (außer Kemper) einen Schaltplan. So das du wirklich wissen musst was du tust.

Hier ein video Inside

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Das ja mal ´n geiles Video (für alle die sich scheuen das Teil selber aufzuschrauben).

Viel Platz da drinnen, da könnten die Kemper´s ja doch mal über ne Pedalboard-Variante nachdenken (Headrush, Helix),

so - KPA und Remote in einem.

Zurück zum Thema:

Wenn davon auszugehen ist, dass ohnehin mehrer verschiedene Spannungen gebraucht werden, macht einen "Abkürzung" ohne Konvertierung wenig Sinn, da ich dann ja mehrere Akkus bräuchte, oder einen (z.B.12V) und diese Sannung dann noch mal auf die anderen runterspannen müsste,

dann scheint mir die Wechselrichtervarante schon eine angemessene zu sein -

oder halt die von "lightbox" vorgeschlagene mobile Steckdose.

(leider nicht ganz billig um es mal eben auzuprobieren und - nur die kleinere passt in das Rückfach des Toasters)

Danke für die Tipps zu den Akkus - sehr vielversprechend.

Nochmal zurück zur Ausgangsfrage:

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit den Kemper direkt mit niedriger Gleichspannung zu versorgen ?

(Also das interne Netzteil zu umgehen und so das zweimalige Konvertieren des Stroms zu sparen?)

Hi,

erstmal Danke für´s mitdenken.

Die von dir vorgeschlagene Variante habe ich auch schon seit einiger Zeit am Start (mit 2 Line6 L2t Boxen) - läuft super.

Bin jetzt noch auf der Suche nach ´nem "Minibesteck", das man immer so dabei haben kann, für ne kleine Session oder so.

Drumcomputer, kleinen Synthi, Looper, alles über ne Bose S1 (läuft alles über Batterie oder Akku) - aber ich bin es leid, beim Gitarrensound Kompromisse zu machen. Schon verschiedenste Multieffekte und so porbiert - klar, geht auch, aber wie geil wäre es, das volle Kemperpotential dabeizuhaben.

((Hab den Kemper übrigens mit den Reglern nach oben in der Tasche. Teilweise mit so Styro-Zeugs unterfütter, damit die Stecker Platz haben und lass ihn voll verkabelt. Nur Netz- , Remote- und Klinkenkabelenden aus der Seitentasche rausholen anstöplseln und los gehte (Wenn jetzt noch der Netzstecker wegfallen würde !))

Wenn natürlich so ein Wandler nicht viel Verlust hat, werde ich mal nach nem kompakten plus einem Akku suchen, muss ja nicht so viel Leistung haben für den Kemper allein.

Sollte einer Erfahrungen haben, immer her damit - soll ja mit elektronischen Geräten nicht immer störungsfrei sein, wegen unrunder Sinuswellen.

Mit Garantie ist es bei meinem Kemper nicht so weit her, hab ihn seit 2012. ; )

Würde den Kemper gerne noch komfortabler netzunabhängig betreiben. Mit Autobatterie und Spannungswandler ja kein Problem, nur leider schwer zu schleppen.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit das "abzukürzen" ? Der Kemper wird ja intern nicht mit 230V arbeiten, sondern sich wie ein PC oder so mit niedrigeren Gleichstömen (ungünstiegen Faals mit unterschiedlichen).

Im Toaste wäre ja noch schön Platz für einen Akku.

Also könnte man irgendwo in der Elektronik einen z.B. 12V Anschluss nach aussen legen?

(befürchte, es müssten mehrer mit verschiedenen Spannungen sein)

I have some issues with my expression pedal as well. The Kemper seems to "lose" the position of the pedal when I switch between different profiles or sometimes even after playing after a while on the same profile. It's really noticeable when it happens in the middle of a passage, suddenly I'll find that at "zero" position (I have zero set to somewhere in the middle of the expression pedal sweep) has moved up by a semitone or down by a semitone. Unfortunately, it's difficult to predict when this will happen, so I am at my wit's end about what to do.

I had promised Mr CK I'd make a video in my thread about this issue, but haven't had time. Will definitely do so. I think it happens when a pedal is not reset to heel or toe position when you activate an expression pedal based effect. Another issue is that the pedal will sometimes default to heel position and I assume this is on account of switching an effect in and out of the Kemper.

i have the same problems with my expressionpedals
    but i do not exactly know when it happens

You are right, im sure there will be a solution for my problem.
    I already have the Remote and try to get it work for me.

But let me say, I don't see any disadvantages for all Players if there will be the option to assigen multible FX to a Switch.
    Those who won't need it, don't have to use it and can assign every Effekt to only one Switch, but those who need it, could assign it to more than one.
    So everybody should be happy with this

i am 100% with you
    (i use a stereo-volume-pedal to control pitch and wah with the same padal and have to switch wah and pitch on and off. i can switch with one button between them, but i cant use a second button to to switch only one of them to get both together.)
    in your case i would use a second performance with the same 5 slots
    I: Delay, Reverb, Eq, Booster
    II: ....
    III: ....
    IV: ....
    so you can use 4 more effect setting (further on wich no doubling)
    and you only need 2 steps to change (if autoload is disabled)

i would like, if performance autoload is enabled it wouldn´t change the slot automaticly to slot1.
    if the slot would be retained if i change the performance, i could sort my rigs in a kind of matrix and can´t change only vertical
    like Perfomance B - Stot 1 2 3 4 5 (and Perf.A slot1 and Perf C slot 1) with only one step
    i could use up and down for example:
    Perf A : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Reverb
    Perf B : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Chorus
    Perf C : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Delay
    Perf D : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Delay, Reverb, Eq, Booster
    Perf E : stot 1 - 5 like you want with ...

That#s a funny setup.
    Aren't you afraid to change volume accidentally by touching the pots with your feet?

i don´t have fixed the 2 controller on the remote (only rubber... under the boxes)
    so i could place them ca. 60 cm around the connection if the action gets to wild

to adjust the volume fine, they work really good (for me better then the pedal - i often changed the level by leaving the pedal)

does somebody knows a programable midi-pedal with:
    - 1or 2 pedals
    - some switches to select the cc for the pedal (without using a computer to change the cc for the pedal)

so that i can use 1 pedal to control different cc´s alternately

(thought about my sold vox tonlab se - you was able to change the cc for the pedals on the board - with a rebuilt (4 selectbuttons to footswitches) it should work !??)

[Blocked Image: https://winslowshellbutton.fil…com/2015/03/dsc_00271.jpg]
    my current pedalsetup: small and inexpensive

1 stereo-volume-pedal for wahwah + pitch
    - to control wah or pitch (if stomp is selectet) or both together - thats funny (pitch 2 okt up + wah > alienvoice ala vai)

2 selfbuild exp-controller (10k pots+1k res like: http://www.strymon.net/tag/expression-pedal/) (conrad < 15 EUR each)
    - volume
    - monitor volumen

ich träume von einem programmierbaren Pedal als Ergänzug zur Remote

Ziel:
    1 Pedal umschaltbar in sämtliche Funktionen

einfachste Version:

1 Pedal mit 4 Taster (für die 4 derzeit möglichen Pedalfunktionen Pitch / Wah / Vol / Vol Mon)
    beim Umschalten müsste der jeweilig eingestellte Wert erhalten bleiben.
    So bräuchte ich nur ein Pedal das mit den 4 Remote Padaleingängen Verbunden ist.

Midiversion:
    ist es möglich sowas per Midi zu ermöglichen?
    bei meinem alten VOX Tonlab se (hab ich zuerst als "Remote" benutzt, bis jetzt dann das FCB, nun Remote)
    konnte ich die verschiedensten Parameter auf die Pedale legen, aber als Midi (CC-Nummer) auch nur jeweils global.

gibt es eine Möglichkeit einem Midipedal per UP/DOWN oder/und Presettastern (für Favoriten) unterschiedliche Parameter (CC) zuzuweisen?
    Natürlich ohne dabei gleich auch rigs etc. mit umzuschalten.

Aus welchem Gerät lässt sich soetwas am günstigsten konstruieren?

Gibt es soetwas schon längst?

Könnte soetwas langfristig auch Kemper intern verwirklicht werden?

fom Dlaut:
    The first problem I see is that the Remote receives it's power over the Cat5 cable.

Wireless data is one thing, wireless power.....well, that would likely make you sterile.

what about an rechargeable battery?

Of course, we might not get all the features of the full-fledged looper on the Remote, which has buttons for start/stop, erase, etc, which are really handy. But till I can get the Remote, I would be satisfied if I could just send a CC number to turn on or off a loop. I believe one user accidentally accessed this feature sometime ago, so again, very confident that Kemper Amps will take care of its entire userbase.

>>>
    From this thread:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Early-Adopters/?pageNo=2&

LOOPER buttons
    The following seven buttons are involved:

LOOPER
    Activates the Looper and toggles the following six buttons between their normal function
    and their looper functions.
    Record / Playback / Overdub
    Stop / Erase: press 3 time to erase the current loop
    Cancels or reactivates last overdub
    Trigger: triggers the loop when in stop mode, re-triggers the loop when in play mode
    Reverse: plays the loop in the reverse direction
    Half speed: records and plays back the loop in half speed; doubles the recording time

Please refer to the dedicated “Looper” chapter in the Reference Manual for a detailed description of this feature.

I wonder how the IA buttons will work. There are only four, but there are right slots. How could it be possible to turn all eight on and off?

8 slots and 4 buttons. There should be a way to program this device and to select which stomps to activate. Do you think there will be an editor?

"
    Effect buttons I-IIII
    These four buttons can be freely assigned to switch stomps and effects on/off. They can also be used to toggle
    features in certain effects. Their respective assignments are stored per Rig. Each button can be assigned to sev-
    eral stomps and effects, if you wish.
    The first and second assignments are indicated by the four LEDs around each effect button. The color LEDs in
    the upper row reflect the category of stomp/effect, just like the color LEDs on the Profiler’s front panel. They re-
    main unlit, if no effect has been assigned. The LEDs in the lower row indicate whether the respective effect is on
    or off, just like the corresponding stomp and effect buttons on the Profiler’s panel. If three or more effects are as-
    signed to the same Effect Button within a particular Rig, only the first two effects are visualized by these LEDs.
    Assigning switching functions to the Effect Buttons is simple: just press and hold an Effect Button and press
    the desired Module Button, e.g. STOMP A, on the Profiler’s front panel at the same time. Done! It also works the
    other way round: press and hold the Module Button on the Profiler first, then step on the desired Effect Button
    afterwards. The upper left LED of the Effect Button should now reflect the category color of the effect you as-
    signed. Now, you can activate or bypass the selected effect by stepping on the button on your Remote. To undo
    a current assignment, simply perform the same assignment procedure again. To add a second assignment, just
    repeat the process with another stomp or effect on the Front Panel. You will notice the upper right LED now in-
    dicating the color of the second Effect Type. Multiple assignments can be done this way. Don’t forget to store the
    Rig, once you are happy with the assignments and the current on/off states. Whenever you load this Rig later, the
    assignments and the on/off states are recalled just as they were when you stored them. A list of your current as-
    signments gets displayed on the screen so that you don’t lose oversight. On this screen you can also immediately
    delete assignments without having to repeat the whole assignment process.
    Here is an example: imagine you have a distortion in Stomp B, a chorus effect in Effect Modulation, and you want
    to assign both to Effect Button I. Both effects are active at the moment. Press and hold Effect Button I, and press
    the Module Button of Stomp B on the front panel. The upper-left LED of Effect Button I turns red to indicate the
    Distortion Type, and the lower-left LED turns white to show that the effect is active. Now, press and hold Effect
    Button I again, and press the MOD Button on the Profiler’s front panel. The upper-right LED of Effect Button I
    turns blue, reflecting the Chorus Type, and the lower-right LED turns white to show that the effect is active. Now,
    when you step on Effect Button I, both effects will turn on/off simultaneously. These assignments will be lost, if
    you don’t store the current Rig before you load another one.
    Now for another feature, based on the very same assignments: press the Module Button of the distortion stomp.
    It will change its status, while the status of the chorus remains unchanged. Now, when you step on Effect Button
    I, the status of both effects are swapped, and the white LEDs will reflect this accordingly.
    ✔✔By setting the individual status of the Module Buttons that have been assigned to an Effect Button on the
    Remote, you can create individual scenes of effects that are stored and recalled with the Rig.
    In the event that your stage is so huge that your Profiler is miles away from the Remote, you will not be able to
    reach both at the same time. In this case, enter the configuration page in the Rig Menu, select a Stomp or Effect
    Module and use the four soft buttons on that page to complete the assignment. Besides toggling the status of
    stomps and effects, each of the Effect Buttons can also be used to trigger so-called “Action & Freeze” functions,
    for instance “Rotary Speaker (slow/fast)”.
    ✔✔On/off switching cannot be combined with “Action & Freeze” for the same button."

from the thread: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Early-Adopters/?pageNo=2&
    [Blocked Image: https://winslowshellbutton.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/remote.jpg]

from ckemper:
    The Remote is coming soon. Register now!

As you can imagine we expect a very large and immediate demand from
    existing and future Profiler users. Thus we will have a waiting list.

We give you guys on the forum the opportunity to be early on the list,
    even before we broadcast deeper details about the product.

Please register by send your name and forum nickname to this email address: [email protected].

The registration is non-binding, we will not force you to buy eventually

Mockup time :D

[Blocked Image: http://www.matrix44.de/bilder/kemper0002.jpg]

S**t, I missed the 3x symbol too. :S

because of:

"LOOPER buttons
    The following seven buttons are involved:

LOOPER
    Activates the Looper and toggles the following six buttons between their normal function
    and their looper functions.
    Record / Playback / Overdub
    Stop / Erase: press 3 time to erase the current loop
    Cancels or reactivates last overdub
    Trigger: triggers the loop when in stop mode, re-triggers the loop when in play mode
    Reverse: plays the loop in the reverse direction
    Half speed: records and plays back the loop in half speed; doubles the recording time"

ist from this thread: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Early-Adopters/?pageNo=1&
    [Blocked Image: https://winslowshellbutton.fil…ss.com/2015/01/remote.jpg]

I would love to be able to control the gain with an expression pedal in one of the FS slots on the back of the kemper. I have used my pod hd to do this with a cc message but would like to get away from the midi controller thing and just use a few simple switches and an expression pedal.

you can control the gain with an expressionpedal (if it´s the amp gain, not of an effect in an effectslot)

plug in the exp-p
    push [SYSTEM)
    page 4 - select volumen
    push [RIG]
    page 3
    select location pre stomps (like guitar volumen - means stomps get the get the changed volumen - so you can control the gain of an overdrive/distortionpedal in an stompslot) or post stomps (like amp - gain - means stomps get the full guitar volumen )
    (maximum gain defined by the kempers gainknob)

Ja genau, solange man das Pedal nicht benutzt, ist das Wah auch inaktiv. bewegt man das Pedal, wird das Wah aktiviert und lässt man das Pedal wieder in ruhe, wird es wieder deaktiviert.
    Man muss es also nicht mit dem Fußschalter extra an- und ausschalten.

muss nicht sein.

du kannst einstellen, wann und ob das wah ein/bzw ausgeschaltet wird.
    die wahl besteht zischen
    aus (wah ist aus)
    touch (wah ist touch-wah - also ohne pedal)
    ein (wah ist eingeschaltet)
    heel (wah schaltet sich aus wenn es in der fersenpositioan steht)
    stop (wah schaltet sich aus, wenn man das pedal nicht mehr bewegt)
    toes (wah schaltet sich in der zehenposition aus)

einzustelle ist das dort, wo auch die anderen parameter der wah eingestellt werden