Posts by endlessnameless

Hello all,

Apologies for the duplicate thread - I could not access the private forum until recently.

So I finally took the plunge and bought a brand new rack. I have been using the unit and I have had this problem:

When I change stomps quickly I notice a weird spaceship type sound which dies off after a few seconds. I have recorded a clip. You can hear the noise at 0:12 , 0:29 and 0:37. This is when turning an fx stomp off and another on immediately afterwards. The slots being switched are the muffin, mouse and the chromatic pitch. Lux dirty factory rig. Here is the soundcloud link.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They are very obvious so you should hear them.

I have the latest firmware installed. Problem occurred with installed firmware and new one. Occurs with different rigs when clicking these stomps on and off. But certain rigs are worse than others. Depends on combination of fx I think. Not sure what is wrong.

Could anyone see if this is repeatable. Select the lux dirty factory profile and put mouse>muffin>chromatic pitch in the stomp slots. Then play guitar with one of them on, then quickly turn off one and turn on another and hear the noise.

I have tried other profiles and same issue. It also occurs with other stomps - so if muffin is fuzz ds or if pitch is flanger. Very repeatable for me if you switch the fuzz on, play some notes, then quickly switch it off then turn on another distortion stomp. (3 button preses in total).

The noise is like the bit rate goes all weird and the kemper can't cope. Kemper is connected via analogue main outs so not a spdif issue.

Thanks
    Mark

Hello all,

So I finally took the plunge and bought a brand new rack. It won't let me post in the private form even though I have registered so apologies for positing this hear. I have been using the unit and I have had this problem:

When I change stomps quickly I notice a weird spaceship type sound which dies off after a few seconds. I have recorded a clip. You can hear the noise at 0:12 , 0:29 and 0:37. This is when turning an fx stomp off and another on immediately afterwards. The slots being switched are the muffin, mouse and the chromatic pitch. Lux dirty factory rig. Here is the soundcloud link.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They are very obvious so you should hear them.

I have the latest firmware installed. Problem occurred with installed firmware and new one. Occurs with different rigs when clicking these stomps on and off. But certain rigs are worse than others. Depends on combination of fx I think. Not sure what is wrong.

Could anyone see if this is repeatable. Select the lux dirty factory profile and put mouse>muffin>chromatic pitch in the stomp slots. Then play guitar with one of them on, then quickly turn off one and turn on another and hear the noise.

I have tried other profiles and same issue. It also occurs with other stomps - so if muffin is fuzz ds or if pitch is flanger. Very repeatable for me if you switch the fuzz on, play some notes, then quickly switch it off then turn on another distortion stomp. (3 button preses in total).

The noise is like the bit rate goes all weird and the kemper can't cope. Kemper is connected via analogue main outs so not a spdif issue.

Thanks
    Mark

No problem. I know that the kemper internal delay and reverb are routed in paralell. Is it possible to route the kemper internal delay in paralell with an external reverb ( the mod verb I have)? From looking at the way the fx blocks are fixed for delay and verb it does not seem like is is possible?

Hi all,

Thinking of finally pulling the trigger on a kemper to solve the mess of all my fx pedals and sansamp. I was wondering if it is possible to make the fx loop paralell and 'mix' in as much of the external effect with the kemper signal as desired?

For example I have a reverb that is a bit of a tone sucker, so rather than route the entire kemper signal through it in the loop I would like to preserve the dry signal and mix in a little.

Thanks
    Mark

Hi there,

Very close to pulling the trigger on one of these boxes. I use Sansamp Classic and Character series pedals as they are analogue and IMHO sound a lot warmer than the POD, Tonelab, Digitech, Zoom G3 etc. However I would like a Kemper to replace these units and also to replace all the mess of stompboxes I have. I have an extremely cluttered music area and I really would like a box that has everything in it without compromising sound.

My questions are:

1 - Even though I am sure the Kemper profiles sound much better can the Kemper 'profile' the Sansamp character and Classic pedals? They only have guitar in and guitar out jacks like a normal stompbox. I would like to profile them in case I want to go back to my old sounds at any time.

2 - Can the Kemper replace standard delay and reverb pedals such as the Boss DD20 etc?

3 - Can the Kemper replace my Rat and Big Muff pedals (i.e. are the 'stomps' better than the lacklustre Line 6 and boss type 'emulations')

Many thanks guys
    Mark :)