Posts by endlessnameless

What's the seller's approval record like?

weirdly enough the seller has around 108 feedback all positive. So all very strange. But the photo of the unit was a stock picture and he was selling several. It was also a very good deal. Something about it seemed fishy. Hopefully I can get my money back.

I have bought and sold on ebay for years generally fine. This sort of thing really knocks my confidence in it.

I would contact the retailer and get them to chase it up. Mine was very quickly repaired took about a week from UK=>Germany=>UK I purchased mine from Andertons

Andertons sound very good then, I didn't buy it from them I got it from Digital Village. I have used DV for years (spent a lot of money with them!) and they are very helpful usually but I have never had anything sent back for repair. They seem a bit slow when it comes to aftersales.

So I ordered an FX pedal from a seller at a really good Buy It Now price. It hasn't arrived - well past the delivery estimate - and the seller isn't responding at all to my enquires. I normally have no issue on Ebay but this has really frustrated me.

The weird thing is that this FX pedal seems cursed. I bought another one a year or so ago from an Amazon marketplace seller and it arrived broken. Maybe I am destined never to have one!

Anyone have a similar experience?

Hi all,

My retailer in the UK sent my Kemper off at the start of August for a repair and I am still waiting for it. I know Kemper say they turn around repairs in about 5 days. So I expect the delay is due to my retailer. Just seems like almost 6 weeks is a long time in this age of next day delivery etc.

How long do you guys normally wait for a repair when you return it through your retailer?

Thanks

Didn't realise you are a synth man Monkey. I don't own one but always fancied buying one. Thought of a little microkorg or something. I have a Korn EM1 sequencer which I used all the time years ago.

Monkey owning the thread again ;)

On a serious note - what if you left your Kemper on all the time to avoid wasting 60 seconds of your life every time inspiration strikes? Would this be advisable? I can imagine it burning the unit out or a huge electric bill. But if you get that hit riff down before you forget it then it will all be worth it.

Or perhaps we can suggest something productive to do in that 60 seconds. Perhaps a warm up exercise. Or every time I am booting the Kemper I can write a post asking WHERE ARE THE DELAYS!!!!!

No seriously, where are they.

This is my post from this thread a little while ago. I am a lawyer. But this isnt legal advice, deffo get your own advice.

I'm not a worship guitarist so have no idea about those tones you want. But I will say that external drives and delays are superior to the onboard ones in my experience. The onboard drive emulations are ok but nothing beats a real RAT or Big Muff into a good profile. Nor do the Kemper delays (which are OK) touch the weight of the Strymon stuff. That could be the 'sparkle' you are missing.

Thank you for the further comfort-titty-mastication, Zappledan.

haha! comfort titty is the name of my new band!

I see a lot of people on other forums trying to kid themselves that the amplifire is up there with the Kemper. Reminds me of those a few years back who tried to convince themselves that Zoom G3 was up there with the best FX units. I wanted to convince myself it was - but it ain't. I think the form factor and design is the best feature - but it is way overpriced for what it is. I think a Tech 21 pedal would be a better small form factor backup/practice tool. Or even one of those Joyo ones.

Ok so I have an amplifire I bought recently. It isn't a bad unit. But the Kemper kills it for feel and tone. Which I guess is expected.

There is still a sort of top end fizzy slightly sterile tone to the AF which is really difficult to dial out. I tried for ages and also paid for the MBRITT profiles (which improve things but not entirely). It also has a sort of 'tubbiness' to the tone at the bottom end which feels almost like latency - hard to describe - but not as touch sensitive as the Kemper.

No means a bad unit - in fact it sounds pretty good until you turn on the Kemper and compare it. The Kemper sounds and feels like a tube amp full stop - the AF still sounds and feels like a modeller - even if it is an improvement on most VST emulations or old PODs.

I would love a Kemper stripped down with the form factor of the AF!

Actually it seems it can do more than before. The maximum delay has been increased? Also, they have added some new parameters.

What new parameters? I found tweaking the delays very difficult with the prior options - they didn't make much sense to me.

It could be because of my point above that I couldn't get the sound I wanted. But apart from the ability to use multiple delays I think the core sound of the delay could be improved - the 'weight' of the repeats and the way it sits in the mix just couldn't compete with my stomps like the replica and glass nexus. But the delays are pretty good overall.