Posts by djazz

I bought the Mackie Freeplay. It uses the same App but 2-CH plus Bluetooth only. I sometimes play variety music at get togethers with friends especially on the boat in summertime. My Bose L1 is a bit much. The Free Play is fine for this. The Reach is more like the Bose and would be great for singles/duo gigs as suggested. Gotta love the tech coming out. I use the Freeplay as a Bluetooth stereo all the time and it is great while hanging out with friends and a nice mini amp with Kemper or Tech 21 Flyrig if simplicity is desired.

I just got my Camplifier S2. Although it has limited Watts, I wasn't concerned because I've been using a Mesa 20/20P for years and it is plenty loud. The Camplifier S2 is no different. It was a simple and perfect installation. I called up the GT 12 Merged Profile from the factory rigs and turned OFF the cabinet and had a beautiful perfect clean sound just like I had the amp running in stereo through my EVM 12 guitar speakers. If anyone is on the fence about this product, I give it a full thumbs up, wonderful product. I now have a lightweight amp head (or actually hundreds of them) and all I need to do is carry along one or two speaker cabinets. I will use this mainly for small jazz gigs and jam sessions and it is a better solution than anything I've ever used in my life.

Thanks to Ritter Amplification (and of course Kemper Amps)

Dave

Thanks Tilman, does anyone know if there is any sound difference (i.e difference in the cab separation or something) between using the main outputs with cabinet off vs. monitor out with "monitor cab off" selected. I could do as you suggested because I really only want to be in stereo for small gigs without PA anyways. I thought for some reason there was a difference, if not I can make a decision on which Camplifier.

I would like one, but my reason for using would be to power two traditional guitar cabinets with Direct Amp profiles with effects in stereo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not possible with the KPA since we only have a mono "Monitor Out" and you check "Monitor Cabs Off". The mono version would be fine for Direct Amp profile usage? I assume this is intended for powering non-powered FRFR cabs in stereo? It would be nice if Kemper could make it possible to go Direct Amp with internal stereo effects with 2 monitor outs. I'm not sure if this is possible with the current architecture of the KPA or if this is a possible feature for a KPA 2.

By the way, this is still the same as I used to take to gigs: Before was two EVM 12L wedges, Mesa 20/20P, preamp of choice (simple Fenderish tube preamp), Lexicon MPX-1. This worked fine. I want the KPA to make things even simpler eventually somehow.

I'm really interested in this thread. I tried the DI profile a while back through my EVM 12L Wedge and it sounded just like any guitar amp I've owned. It, along with a SS amp becomes your combo amp. I still haven't had enough time to buy a smaller solid state amp that I can "compactly" take to these small blues/jazz gigs. I'm disappointed that we can't go stereo this way since only a mono DI out exists, but as a work around, I send that signal to a Lexicon MPX-1, then into the SS amp, then two EVM 12L's in stereo and it's beautiful, but much too much to carry to small gigs. DI either way is the solution. When are the commercial profilers going to make more, are they waiting for something (future firmware) as I've only seen a few so far.

I'm thinking this will all get resolved with future software revisions assuming the Kemper people are reading these forum entries. Anyone that uses the Looper even a little will notice this issue . . . . . . unless it's hardware related, but I hope not. They say to never buy the 1st few months of an Automobiles' production due to the manufacturers working out the quality issues. With the Remote I figured I'd take a chance since it's only $600 and I now how good the Kemper support has been for most of you. I worry a bit as you are the only one who has responded to this. Have the other Remote users not tried going into half-time mode? Are they just not answering the forum? Software issues are usually very consistent. Hardware issues can be more random.

I'd be interested in something similar. I looked at both, and assuming it works well with the KPA (I can't see why it wouldn't), the Motion Sound looks better in that is is less expensive, has many different input options, has the speakers pointed in different directions for perhaps better stereo separation and is lighter by 15 lbs. I'm going to look for one locally. If anyone tries one, let us know.

I wanted to add that for about the same price or a bit less, you can get a pair of Yamaha DXR8's. That is another solution I'm looking into and I think it might be even better.

Firmware 3.0.1

• Turn on KPA with Remote plugged in
    • Press Looper Button
    • Press "5" to enter half-time mode - LED will not remain on and half-time mode cannot be engaged (Note: I've experienced very different behaviors with this at different times, sometimes engaging sometimes not . . . . . as I write this the problem exists . . . . . . now let me mess with it a bit)
    • After Exiting looper mode and returning it now works and LED will engage
    • Recorded longer half-time loop had fun for 5 minutes and then deleted the loop and shut looper off; switched patches around several times
    • Go back into looper
    • Half-time once again will not engage when hitting "5"

Intermittent problem. Software? Hardware? Please try this on yours and see if you have an issue.

Are you one of the early bird orders? Did they give you an estimated shipping date? If so, they will send you an email telling you that your status is changed to "Waiting for Payment", then just email them to Paypal you a bill, they'll do that within 24 hours (for me it was 2 hours). Then in 24 hours you'll get an email saying Ready to Ship (after you pay via Paypal), then you'll get an email saying "Shipped". I was slightly worried myself, but in the end, they made things happen just like they said. Got my Remote yesterday, took about 3 days to ship in USA. Very cool unit, you'll love it.

When I try to put the looper in 1/2 time, I press the halftime switch and the light comes on but doesn't stay on when I take my foot off the switch. Then if I press the button while pressing record, or press record first, it will engage but I have to stop and clear any slight recording, then start again with halftime now engaged. This must be a bug? Shouldn't halftime mode engage as soon as you press the half switch?

FW 3.0

I'm talking about the dedicated KPA-themed pedal, but yes, my point was that the switch is probably redundant when using the pedal with the Remote, especially in a one-pedalled set up, where it's to control both volume and wah.

Cheers,
    Sam

Sambrox:
    After reading through some of this thread, it sounds like I can use just one pedal for volume and way. When you use the switchless model and the remote, how do you change it from wah to volume and vice versa, is that within the patches you create? I wanted to better understand your point as my Remote is coming soon and I'll need some newer pedals. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Are the commercial guys waiting for an update to 3.0 before profiling some amps with the new method? I finally spent some time with the newer profiling method (just the new factory profiles through a solid state amp to EVM12L) and it seems to me to be an incredible difference vs. playing with the cabinet turned off through the older profiles.

Just a follow up to my posting above. For those of you who get the email pending/waiting for payment, simply email them back and ask for them to Paypal you the bill. They responded back within 10 minutes to me with the Paypal bill and now mine should be on the way soon.