Posts by djazz

I downloaded these PRS30 profiles last night. I didn't see a posting here from Jan Schmidli (the profiler) but still wanted to comment and say that I liked them. Specifically, I like the way he's completely covered the amp from clean through dirty with a variety of tonal settings. You could use only these profiles and accomplish a lot, much like life before the KPA. Others have profiled with this "complete" approach as well. Thanks Jan.

It is a great idea. I've mentioned it before as well. The Roland GR-55 has a backing track player built into it and reads them off the USB Thumbdrive. You can use a computer to play tracks, but for those of us that play gigs using backing tracks, bringing one less piece of gear is great. Until then, it isn't much trouble playing them back via an ipod/ipad, but if it was done right via the Kemper it would be a useful feature for me.

I get crackling noises when the sample rate is incorrect. This doesn't sound like that perhaps, but it happens to me occasionally. I simply change it in Logic Studio and then it works fine. Sometimes, when I'm not in Logic, but still connected to the computer I hear it through my monitors, but once again this is due to a sample rate being wrong.

It does seem strange that two black ones had the issue, but I've had it apart to take a look and they appear to be built real well. You'll love it when you get it, maybe even more than the IPA (one of my favorites lately as well). Sorry to hear of your issues.

Make sure you have the sample rate set to 44.1 not 48 khtz. When I use Logic Studio and have it set to 48, it sounds that way. This might be your issue.

I use a variety of sounds and effects if I'm doing gigs that have lots of different styles involved. I get hired most often as a one-man-band now and I do everything from rock, country, jazz, blues etc. (Buffett, Allman Brothers, Johnny Winter, Miles Davis, Pat Metheny, ZZ Top, Willie Nelson, Skynyrd, Beatles, David Gray, U2, John Mayer etc.). On the other hand, the other night I played a jazz gig for the 1st time in a while and I used only a Fender clean sound with some reverb and never changed the patch the whole night.

Of course it's not serious, just trying to add more humor after the FDA comment which I thought was funny. But the feature as I described it probably could be implemented and it would reduce the number of items needed to bring to a gig, so it is a serious feature request (I'd really just like the ability to play Audio files through USB as I stated on another post like the Roland GR-55), but it may not be important to most and I can continue bringing the ipad to the gig. Timing patch changes to the tracks I think it's a bit "overkill" . . . hence the sarcasm. But it would be cool.

Perform mode is working fine for me! I Love the way they incorporated this for me when Chris asked me, "What do you want from life"? What a great guy.

I've been doing one-man band gigs with backing tracks. I load all of my backing tracks onto a USB thumbdrive. I put that into the KPA USB slot. I assign a patch name in Perform mode, for example, SANTANA- EVILWAYS, then in the systems menu I assign "evilways.mp3" from the usb stick to that patch. Then using iTunes, I make a note of where I want the patch changes to occur within the timestamp of the song, for example Plexi with Delay from 0:00 to 0:37; then Blues Junior with Chorus from 0:37 - 1:02, then Boogie Lead with delay from 1:02 - 2:13. You get the idea. All of these are assigned to the names of the sections of the songs that you see in the TESLA picture VERSE, CHORUS, BRIDGE that I define for each song.

Then, I press play using a foot switch, the backing track starts and comes out of the KPA "monitor out" to my PA. I play along with the track and sing my vocal part and I don't need a MIDI controller or footcontroller because the KPA automatically changes patches for me at the times defined against the respective backing track. I've done this for all my songs in my set. After each song, the KPA stops and you need to hit the footswitch to start your next song off of the USB stick and it changes patches perfectly as you define them. I just wish they would have included .wav file playback as well as .mp3, but I've got a software converter.

It's a great feature for solo musicians. You could do the same with a band, but you would need to feed a click track to your drummers headphones.

I'm very happy with the way this feature works. I'm glad Kemper listened. For me, it was either between this feature or the Bacon Timer, but they said they couldn't implement both.

Other things I'm hoping they incoroporate soon are:

A heated kidney shaped pool,
    A microwave oven--don’t watch the food cook,
    A dyna-gym--I’ll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
    A kingsize titanic unsinkable molly brown waterbed with polybendum,
    A foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
    Real simulated indian jewelry,
    A gucci shoetree,
    A year’s supply of antibiotics,
    A personally autographed picture of randy mantooth
    And bob dylan’s new unlisted phone number,
    A beautifully restored 3rd reich swizzle stick,