Posts by e_del

I wonder if it would be possible to have some kind of "stand by timeout" after which the display and the buttons dim their light.
    On a quite dark stage, the "xmas tree effect" of buttons and led could be undesired...

Since the topic is about the foot controller I didn't go further, but a matched KPA+Foot Controller+Case would be killer! :)
    One bag for KPA, one Active speaker, and you go everywhere
    (don't forget room for some cables... possibly long ones...)

Whether it will be small, large or mediun size, Id suggest to keep in mind the portabilty with the KPA.
    I'm referring to a form factor that "matches" the KPA dimensions so that it can all fit in a carrying bag...
    This could be even better than the marvelous FCB1010+Uno4Kenmper...

As a bonus ther could be some kind of slot to wedge the KPA and pedalboard together during transportation...
    (I'm using an online translator, hope the verbs are correct :) )

No problem in that at all, but the way i read the OP he is looking for a FRFR solution. But could also be me who read it wrong.

That have happened ;)

Your idea however would give him a ridicolously lightweight setup, with an amazing sound, so might be worth to try out.

I'm actually still experimenting with an EHX Magnum 44 and a Celestion GT75 speaker...
    Sounds decently, but my final idea is to have only two "bricks"(KPA and cabinet) and a couple of cables to carry around, and possibly the best sound quality
    (or in other terms, why spend thousands of €/$ to obtain the same sound of a cheaper modeling pedalboard? :) )

EHX Magnum 44 is fantastic but a bit "hissy", using clean sounds. I expect a FRFR cabinet built-in amplifiers to be more silent and transparent...

So far, the best solution seems the CLR wedge (quite heavy) or a Matrix Q12A (lighter, comparable quality)...
    But I'm wondering if for low volumes exist something even smaller (10" or 8") of comparable quality...

Anyway, thank you guys for the hints. I'm starting to get rid of some combo amp I won't use anymore in a little time :)

Sooner or later I'll go for an Atomic CLR wedge, suitable for all the purposes I usually need, both indoor and on stage, but I wonder if there is ALSO a smaller solution of the same quality that has less power, dimensions... and weight, to be easily carried with the KPA for occasional low volume gigs... small house concerts, etc...
    (Using mainly clean sound with classic fender-ish profiles)

Weight considerations apart, I think that at (relatively) low volume, a smaller amp can be turned up and work better than a big one at 1 or 2 (on a scale of 10)... right?
    And especially at these low volumes I don't want to compromise sound quality.

...are you experienced? :)

thx in advance

Hello,
    one thing I'm curious about, apart the tonal differences between the two speakers, is their phisical projection area (don't know how better define it)...

I have one active SR Technologies speaker, that sounds very good if the listener is (almost) in front of it, but as he goes a bit of-axis the sound changes dramatically.
    Some cabinet seem to have a wider "projection cone", while others are narrower.
    Do the Atomic and Yamaha differ in this sense?

I'd also like to know if someone did try the KPA wint a linear array speaker, liek the Bose L1 system, or similar...

Hello,
    I'm a happy Uno4Kemper user, and I'm wondering if there's (or there will be in future firmware release) a way to use an effect in latch mode, like some TC electronics pedal do now.
    That is, the FX is active only the time we keep the pedal button pressed...
    Not strictly necessary, but can be useful to underline some musical phrase on the fly, without tap dancing on the floorboard...

Or should I connect an independent pedal directly to the KPA and do some weird (to me) MIDI programming?

"Did you miss your old gear after the Kemper honeymoon?"

Not really, but I won't sell it until I'll have really mastered the KPA controls.
    I mean, if something's wrong with my amp sound I can act and modify the setup in seconds...
    When I'll have the same confidence with the KPA, that will be the time to sell my gear.
    Until then, for last minute gig, I think I'll go the old way.

hi Michael, nice to meet you! ;)

I've seen some of your video, where you use the KPA in different situation... KPA+poweramp+cabinet, or direct to PA system, etc...
    Do you usually use the same rig and make only small adjustments with the front knobs, or did you set a different profile for any different situation?

I'm working now on my sound through a power amp and a real speaker, thus bypassing the cab emulation, but my goal is to have a setup where I can change on the fly the connection with the least tweaking needed...

Just started browsing the bundle II profiles by soundside.de
    All of them are top quality, but for the clean tone I'm looking for (strat/tele single coils) at the moment I'd say that the best profile is the ProAmp.
    I find it to be the clearest "raw" material to work on.
    Second ranking to the 52 Deluxe, a bit more "boomy".
    All the others are equally good, but I think I'll put them in the game when setting a crunchier sound, where the ProAmp could result too bright.

hoping it's of interest for someone.. :)

well,

I restored the factory rigs (system/factory rigs) and now I have again almost 600 rigs to choose (too many. That's why I deleted all the rigs and imported only the few ones I bought), but still cannot set any FX on the "AH AC30 M04 Fat" bought from soundside.de... there's only the original EQ in slot 4, but nothing happens if I press one of the first three fx buttons...
    "AF6-Superverb Clean4" (from TheAmpFactory) instead has the first three slots with comp,eq and dist, all selectable, but nothing on slot 4...

Today I'll re-read the manuals from the beginning. Call me dumb, but as a matter of fact I still don't understand how the FX system works... :)

Having a peek to an untar-ed backup I noticed the effects (e.g. delays or reverbs) have the same *.kipr file extension...
    Is it possible to import them via the shared directory like a regular rig?

After upgrading to 2.0.1 I cleaned my KPA, and imported only some raw rig from sound side and TheAmpFactory, and I think I lost some effects on the way.
    If possible I'd avoid re-importing all the factory presets...

If you edit the rig name, the slot name doesn't get updated (you might have named it "Chorus" etc.). To match it, you can edit the slot name in the "Arrange Slots" menu and copy the rig name to the slot name.

HTH
    Timo

Ok, now I got it... it's by design. And makes sense.
    I'm experimenting with a soundside rig pool, and it was useful that all the long codenamed were updated while deciding what to choose.
    It' just a matter of getting accustomed...

thanks a lot
    it helped ;)

hmmm...

well... it seems that the slot name once it's assigned it's not overwritten when e.g. changing rig... the name remains the previous one, and I have to change it manually...
    ...oh, and even when pressing "store" ! :)

does anyone have similar problems?

Update:
    well... seems that everything works better if i use... the "store" button (how dummy am I?) :) :)

I remember that somewhere is mentioned that "exit" saves the presets, but evidently I was missing the meaning...
    Seems that "store" re-stores globally all the 5 presets bank, while I was focusing on the single slot...

Time to try some bank switching now...

With the pedalboard (Uno4Kemper) I selected the slot , that initially was blank, with a default rig selected ,then I browsed the rig I wanted, and made the custimization (another amp, and no cab emulation in this case), then I pressed "exit" to save.
    Note that the rig is correctly saved!
    Pushing the pedals the rig changes, as the main name displayed.
    Only in the little rig name slots is copied the previous rig used

Actually I used 'exit' to save becuase I understood from the manual addendum that this is the correct way to store the performance rigs.
    Honestly I browsed the manual only for the parts I was interested. Maybe I should have RTFM completely...
    It's a downside of the (fortunately) intuitive interface of KPA that lets you 'click and go' in no time.. :)

As pointed in another thread here in the forum, I didn't find a 'delete rig' option... my fault if I didn't read all the manuals, but in case would be useful...

Last thing: overall I mainly made a try-and-error session, but if needed I could retry and log in detail any move I do, for debugging purposes...