Posts by e_del

Looking at the large amount of profiles and rig confgurations that increase day by day, I'm wondering how much "generations" of the same profile/rig exist.
    Are averagely all the profiles original?
    Or is it common practice that profile A derives from profile B, with a little tweak, and B itself id derived from another profile C, etc etc?

If this is the case, also some king of versioning sw could help to navigate the various derivations of the same amp profile...
    Could it make sense?

e_del, if you activate PMs, i can give you the solution

and btw, a few hours later i couldn't guess all correct :thumbdown:

...er... how?
    I tried also to PM you, but "user Geraldo7 doesn't want to receive private messages".. :)

.......and Who knows???? ;)

MORE IDEEAS, Please???? ;)

I already mentioned:
    since I suppose KPA runs some kind of operating system, I'd suggest a SW driver for one of the common bluetooth micro USB dongles like this to be applied on the back port, so that some kind of remote control can be implemented, whether via a proprietary controller (the one had been discussed here in the forums?) , or via an android/ios device...

I'm wondering if it could be possible to have it also on the vibrato effect (that has also the useful crossover parameter... quite interesting too: double kudos!)

Just to specify what for, I'd like in particular to experiment with vibrato becoming more and more intense as the sound fades out under a certain threshold...
    (never seen crossover on vibrato, and that in itself is great, as it permits to play chord having modulation mainly on the top notes, while the bass remains more stable. KPA is great)

I couldn't tell what is what, but Kinda agree with Armin.
    2 and 3 sound with slightly less ambience (in my earphones), but I could have been biased by your guess...
    I'd say that whatever it is, 1&4 and 2&3 are from the same source

Mainly SC at the moment, japan strat, with Fender amp profiles.
    That's because I'm still learning to use the KPA and discovering his sonic possibilities.

Sooner or later I think I'll set up a separate bunch of rigs for my HB-powered 175 and 335, and get my dear Polytone profiled, once I'll figure out how to do it correctly... :)

Ducking is great!
    I currently play more in a Frisell-wannabe style, and it permits to have delay only at the end of a phrase... that's what I missed from my dear TC Electronic stompbox (they call it "dynamic delay").

I'm wondering if it could be possible to have it also on the vibrato effect (that has also the useful crossover parameter... quite interesting too: double kudos!)

I still didn't install the new firmware so I'm actually guessing, but what pops in my mind is Trevor Rabin's guitar solo in "Owner of a lonely hart" by YES, quite sure it's a fixed, non diatonic (intelligent) pitch shift...

LOL

On a more serious note, it seems that more mature people

• have more money to invest in an expensive sound solutions;
    • unlike the youngsters, have good memories of that real tube sound and want it (back); but don't want\can't own\store\carry all that tube weight.

Does it make sense?

It absolutely does.
    I'd add also one more aspect about the real sound you obtain when recording and/or playing at "apartment" volume level...
    Unless you own or rely on *good* recording studio equipment, in my experience emulation was in the end the best choice to have a decent, if not very good, guitar tone.
    Of course the original machines have "the" sound, but especially for older models, it's not that common finding good sounding ones (rattles, hums, speakers, etc...), and moreover it's not always possible to crank them up.
    With emulators (both hardware and software) the main drawback I found, especially with cheaper units, was the lack of responsiveness while playing, always feeling a bit "overcompressed", but the emulated sound was way better than the one I had recording in a DIY situation.
    With KPA now it seems this aspect has been greatly reduced, so I'm becoming day by day less "tube fundamentalist", and more "emulation possibilist" (or just lazy :) )

Hello everybody,

I still have to complete to browse all the messages in the forums, so maybe this topic has been yet discussed in some way, but oh boy, there are lots and lots of profiles and settings to exchange out there!
    That's good for sharing knowledge, but a bit dispersive for people like me (I'm in the "old fart" club) that looks for the best emulation of the couple of amps he needs...

I'ts almost like when back in the day I got into the Line6 POD... and stopped exchanging sounds, due to the amount of crappy sounds (for my personal taste, nothing again exchange enthusiasm) I found and the time needed to test any of them.

So this brings me a question:
    (Talking a bit computer-ish now, forgive me...) Could theoretically be feasable some kind of screening software that reads a profile file, and higlight any parameter value (non need to disclose any algorithm or internals) out of a certain range, so that it can be taken as an indicator? I think to any value too high o too low, or value range (min-max) too wide or too narrow...
    Anything in brief (you at Kemper know what and where to look at) that says "boy, this could be good, but there's something unbalanced... "

if you see what i mean.. :)

I'm totally aware of this, and indeed that's why I'm curious to know (if possible) at what stage we are now, after the upcoming release of the new 1.8 firmwae release...

This seems to imply some kind of modification in the hardware, although I read somewhere the claim that these new powered machines are identical to the non-powered ones...
    This is what would annoy me more, having just bought a non powered unit (but on the other hand, for new projects like the KPA, some kind of HW evolution has to be taken in account...)
    Is this issue for our early adopted KPA, or also for these new generation of units, if bought unpowered?

I use it at home at the moment, but I already planned to experiment with some external amps/speakers, as soon as I'll be confident.
    But the powered unit are mono, right?
    So I think I'd prefer to continue experimenting with two external mono amplifiers to go stereo...

Hello everybody,
    all the suggestions about new features are the proof that "only the sky is the limit", and that's good! :)
    But all these new features will translate in more memory needed, more CPU work, more I/O, etc...
    I see two main paths: 1) new features/effects, and 2) new/improved interaction (but let's see what the "perform" mode brings out...)

So I wonder how much the current KPA hardware platform can be pushed in terms of CPU, memory, I/O bandwidth, etc...
    Can we say that e.g. it's used at X% of its possibilities?
    Any hint on what can we expect, without having to make some hardware upgrade?
    (The FW upgrade via USB works perfectly and smoothly!)

Mike, welcome to the Kemperforum, and I like your one cable/wireless idea. Going wireless sounds very intriguing.

Indeed!
    What pops in my mind at the moment is also some kind of short range bluetooth connection (should be fairly cheap to implement, on the usb port), to use it with a smartphone app, to be used as a backup device and/or an editor/controller...

well... then you should know where Mestre is located :)

If I may... where do I register as KPA owner, to have write access in the private forums?
    Completely freshman here :)

answer found... had to register the Serial number in my profile settings... fair enough! :)