Posts by tazwolf

country is good! but I was thinking more george formby to highlight the tragic humour in this thread

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think we should write a song about this thread. It needs to be country methinks :whistling:

Are you sure that your input and ouput levels into the kemper are ok?, I had a similar problem when I first tried a frfr, I had set the profiles
    at home through my sound interface and if they went slightly red (input led or output led ) it did not seem that bad but at rehersal with a frfr
    (ld systems mon121a) it distorted, so i backed off the volumes on the kemper so they were just into light orange ....very ocassionly when i hit a power chord really hard.

joe blob- great photo!
    I have to say that I think this thread is just embarrasing, Armin who started it, stated (correct me if im wrong) saying he may have been mistaken and that he may have used different guitars in his evaluation but ...
    still it goes on, maybe its because creating music is so demanding that anything that stands in the way of perceived ability to create is treated like a witch burning and that is what this thread is ...witch burning.

I'm going to build a harmonic perculator, not that I need one but I haven't built anything since i've had the kemper (before that 3 tube amps, recording preamps, 1176 compressor clones , a gyraf tube mic) but which circuit? there is 2 different schematics out there and some people swear by the orignal interfax harmonic perculator and some by a schematic that was found on the internet which differs form the orignal ....but then it seems there are several that all claim to be orginal..guess what? interfax used whatever components they had as long as it produced the same sound. fw 1.5.4 or 1.6.0 it does not fu*king matter, its good enough, its space age good, aliens will be landing and wanting the kemper technology and asking...but wheres all the new songs? well where are they?

Hej Raoul23
    I feel your pain!!!
    i was in exact the same situation, 915 profiles, I was going nuts.
    I have all the profiles I have downloaded on my mac, so knowing they will always be there
    i went through the profiles and if they did not immeadiately have an impact I left them, the ones that did
    i marked as favorites.

I play (or try to ) heavy stuff so in addition to what I use now I also kept clean profiles that perhaps did not fit in with what I play just now I
    liked and then I pressed delete for all profiles except favorites - down to 187 profiles and I feel great, almost liberated. Yes maybe there are ok profiles
    out there that can be made great with a change of the cab or whatever but life is short and there is all those songs that need to be written.

just do it , all the profiles are still there either on your computer or on the exchange, there not going anywhere. when you have the time you can down load, one, or two , or twenty.
    I love kemperworld!

Hmm, just realised when I read Steveo's post that some people including myself use headphones but not only from
    the headphone out on the kemper but also from the sound interface or monitoring system via the kempers line outs.

Still think it should be in the output section as it should be a global setting in my opinion, maybe the output light could flash to indicate it as active
    if activated on the line outs.

It would be good to have a room effect that is separate from the reverb fx block but I think it should be accessed from
    the output section for headphones and that it should only be on the headphone out, too easy to forget and leave it on the other outputs.

Hi
    I Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago.

I wanted to get some input from people who have one (I have searched the forum and there are
    a couple) and instead of sending of sending them individual messages I thought I would start this
    thread.

I play in a 4 piece rock/indie/punk band, I am the only guitarist, before the kemper I played through a diy 18watt marshall
    based amp with 6v6's in the output stage and a 2x12 hiwatt cab with v30s.

LD systems mon 121a, 12" coax speaker, class A/B inbuilt amp, 250 watts.

Kemper thru the LD systems, much better spread of sound in the room, fantastic midrange, nice top end that does not fatigue the ears, bass is quite modest so I have to back off the bass a couple of db's in the kemper monitor out eq so it does not fart out, but still ok bass response. matchless sound like matchless,
    vh4's grind and punch, friedman marshalls punch and sizzle AC20/30's jingle and chime.

It does get pretty warm on full volume but there is very little hum.

Problem - If I set the volume to full, I can only turn the master volume on the kemper up to 4,5 using and amp factory VH4 profile (as an example) the channel volume is backed off a little maybe 2 db as I find the amp factories profiles set a little too hot as they come. Above 4.5 I get nasty distortion.

At these settings the volume is not loud enough to cope with a loud drummer and a very loud bassist.

I do like the sound so I will keep the 17kg mon121a and add in a feed from the main PA (used only for vocals at the moment) but I wanted to know from other LD systems mon 121a how they set up and if they if they have experienced the same.

Guitar is a 2005 Les Paul standard with a bridge suhr doug aldrich pickup and a humbucker form hell in the neck.

Thanks
    Taz

Ok, so I figured it out.
    Seems I have to send CC31 with a value of 127 to turn on the tuner and then CC31 with zero to turn off
    the tuner before I can send a PC to change patch.

The other problem was that while initially testing my footcontroller it was sending out wierd and random
    midi messages so once I had fixed that problem a simple on/off /on of the Kemper got it responding correctly.

/Taz

Hi
    I need some help hope somebody can help.

I have just built a DIY Midi foot controller but i am very new at Midi.
    I can program it to change rigs no problem.
    I have 4 switches which can be any combination of PC or CC (up to 4 seperate)
    I want to have switch 1 in each bank (bank will be song) turn the tuner on.
    I have programmed switch 1 to send CC #31 with a value of 127 - for on.
    It seems to work the first time but it will not change back when i choose a rig by pressing switch 2.
    I have to switch the kemper to tuner mode and then browse mode and then its ok again.
    is there something more i need to do, apart from CC 31 with a value of 127?

regards
    Taz

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    Guitarnet, I am british originally, you thought i was spanish
    Perhaps because of the diy footcontroller site being in Spanish?
    I used google translate. Potulfx has put up a very comprehensive
    Set of instructions along with the firmware for the pic.

Regards
    Taz

Hi
    My name is Taz and i live in Sweden, I bought a kemper about a month ago and have been using it at home, came to the conclusion that its better than
    my tube amps and effects pedals (that I built myself but have had commercially built stuff in the past, mostly voxes) so I am selling off my analogue gear.

Just ordered a LD Systems Mon 121a as an frfr for monitoring at rehersal or when we play live, should
    get it in a couple of days and I am exited to hear how it sounds.
    I have ADAM A3X monitors at home.

Great to be a part of this evolution.

in the middle of bulding a MIDI footcontroller to tide me over until the kemper one comes out.

http://potulfx.blogspot.se/2011/04/midifoot.html

Going to start soldering tomorrow.

regards
    Taz

I should have done a search, I saw after I had posted that there was another thread about this along with links to profiles to try.
    So I will but definately....more bass profiles :thumbup:

hi
    Any chance of someone putting up some more bass amp profiles? mesa boogie buster, ampeg b15' more svt? There are some svt profiles on the exchange butmore would be good.

Regards
    Taz