Posts by shawnguess

i feel like ive tried every amp sim known to man, and i cant seem to come to grips with why the scuffham is so raved about. perhaps im missing something.

i disagree that the studio eq can achieve what a high pass and low pass filter does. in mixing guitars it is VERY common and VERY necessary to do these two things with varying slope, not shelving. it would be greatly beneficial to have an HP LP filter that is its own effect.

i think i shouldnt have used the word authentic, because who cares if its authentic in terms of being just like the original -- if it sounds good, it is good. i just meant in terms of the tone, something seems to go away when replacing a cab. . . theres a 3D thing to the sound that disappears. and i dont mean with my profile necessarily, just in general.

Nice profiles. I changed Till's V30 cab for Carvin Legacy cause it's little more open sounding IMHO.
    Trying to get that Vai (for the love of god) sound...
    Keep up the good work :thumbup:

cool, glad you like them. for some reason, it seems to me that changing cabs loses a little something -- maybe due to the synergy between the amp and cab. but with other profiles, any time i change the cab, something starts to feel inauthentic.

just did my first batch of profiles and thought i would share. i did around 30 just to learn and picked a few to upload. the variations between these particular profiles are very few. be sure to engage the DS1 stomp in front of the legacy for some serious high gain shredability. the cab is loaded with v30's. please let me know what you guys think of these, good or bad, and ways to improve so i can create better profiles in the future. i'll be purchasing a Diezel Hagen on monday so i want to get my profiling skills in order before it arrives ;)
    the user name for the upload is 'THEDIGITALGOD'

i have to say that i have yet to see anything anywhere in these forums where there has been anything but pleasant dialogue. conversely, in the Fractal forums every thread seems to be riddled with fanboy elitist pricks. it's so nice over here and i hope others appreciate that as much as i do.

I think he is talking about internal sample rate not external which does not translate to 22khz. The internal sample rate is supposed to be much higher than 44khz. Kemper said that the internal one is partly much higher. Concretely around 700hz for the tube emulation which is a 16x oversampling. See 2nd post here http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=4711. Maybe the rest of the emulation is running at 8x oversampling (352khz) and that's what Cliff is referring to. A Fractal employee confirmed that when using one amp block the Axe does 16x oversampling and half of that when using 2 amp blocks.

Anyway I would like to see Fractal having enough courage to say the name of the product they are referring to when they give this sort of information.

thanks for that info.

i would like to see Cliff not be such a dick, but im not sure thats going to happen, lol.

EDIT: the link doesnt seem to work

cool yeah hope you get the response. Sucks that Cliff has to act how he does. I once had a Fractal and sold it off. While they do have a great product, I can pretty much say I will never go back to Fractal because of how Cliff has conducted himself and how crazy die hard some of the users are and just brutal, just such a turn off to want to support that. Cliff is a smart guy, but I believe he was lying when he went on the gear page saying how his kemper only boots up 10 percent of the time, and all the troubles he was having trying to paint it as a piece of junk. Just very unrprofessional and anyone with half a brain can see what games he is playing ya know. Ok off my soapbox.

i totally agree that Cliff acts very unprofessionally. he constantly berates his customers and acts like he's doing everyone a favor by providing his product. good with numbers, bad with people.

yeah, i own both so i dont really pledge allegiance either way. but, Cliff has shown himself to be quite a pompous ass more than once and i dont put any weight on what he or anyone else says. i just trust what i hear. i was just curious for an official response to that question.

it may be obvious by now: but 'djent' is a technique, not a sound. that said, pickups with an upper mid boost help accentuate the pick style and chord voicings used for djent.