Posts by old crow

Just in case anyone else is confused about this area.
    It took me awhile to figure out that when in the Output menu, when making adjustments to the monitor out E.Q. , the message in the window always reads "off"., whether it's black or clear.
    Just wanted to pass this on.

I know there are various eq sections but with so many guys prefering the sound thru a power amp and guitar cab, For playback use, is there a way to simply cut everything above the freq. of a guitar amp,

Last, but not least, is don't be afraid to use the Kemper's EQ post cab. I'm pretty sure I've never left a miced guitar cab unEQed in all my born days.. either live or in the studio. Before you go boosting, make sure you roll off your lows and then increase the volume of the overall signal. Usually I find this does the trick.

Now that's using the old penis. I need to take more of a mixing approach playing thru this Kemper w studio monitors. I'll give that a try.

I agree that these studio monitors are reproducing the mic'd sound of the profiles and that the freq. range of these monitors is way beyond any guitar amp/cab.
    The Carr doesn't have a loop but I did trygoing straight in the guitar input w vol. rooled back and output ( monitor out )of the Kemper turned down, but it didn't work, just a loud hum...
    I guess I'll heve to buy a small power amp and use it w a guitar cab.
    I will also say that the most annoying sounds , for me, are the highly saturated Marshall types, but I discovered if I roll the Gain way back on those profiles they clean up very nicely and still maintain a good touch sensitivity. So I'm thinking , when profiling an amp it's best to do it "hot" then roll it off when using it thru the Kemper.

Hmmmm. I had a Carr Mercury for a while that I swapped a Celestion Blue into. It was a beautiful and pure sounding amp that had a beautiful rounded fender-like tone. You may not be able to exactly get that sound without a good profile of the amp but you should be able to get a round or even chimey fender sound from lots of profiles.

Have you tried a general system reset (hold system button on startup) just to make sure all settings are default and have you tried some of the better profiles out there with cabs such as Tills'?
    If I do a reset , will I loose all my downloads ? I have some good uns, like Xit's 10 and Two Rock Classic Rev. , Morgan AC 20....
    Don't know anything about Tills'

I'm a newbe and using a pair of JBL LSR4326P monitors. Sound is pretty good with some guitars, esp. L.P.'s but can be quite fizzy and lacking mids for the most part. Doesn't sound close to my Carr Mercury.
    Headphones are better but still not even close to the sound I get from the Merc.

yes. I'm familiar with the technique. When you click the link it tries to open it in windows media player. When try to save target as it has a .mid file extension.

Must be the water....lots of attitudes with people on this board today.
    No, it's the full moon....
    When I left click to save something from the rig section, it ends up being an adobe file in my doc's which I then drag and drop into a stick. Seems odd, but it works. Can't get this file onto a stick though.

I'm a bit late to the party but we in the frozen north are always late.
    I've had "modelers" since the first digitech days but this is the King.
    Now I need to find some really good vintage amp profiles.