Posts by drumdrum

Since the admins dont like people sharing their content on other sites, even if the main download site is inaccessible for many,
    is there a chance a moderator / admin / someone awesome would be willing to email me the Rig Pack instead?

Im a big Merrow fan and not having this rig pack is killing me!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. See this thread for details of the login issue if you're interested :)
    Insufficient Login procedure at kemper-amps.com

Yup! Same story here:
    1 - I login on http://www.kemper-amps.com
    2 - I click on Support, category "Rig Packs"
    3 - I try to download the Keith Merrow Rig Pack, and it asks me to login again.
    4 - I login again, and it brings me back to the Support overview page (category "Operating System Updates")
    5 - Repeat steps 2 - 5 until you die of old age (and never get the Rig pack!

:cursing:

)

Love the product, but its buggy updates (tuner issue) and general things-not-working-ness are starting to get annoying......

Read what I wrote above.
    It's a very nice feature.

I read your last post....

Unlike others I like the space parameter very much.
    For my taste it could have even a bit more 'room'.
    Let's not only get it to 11, but 20 instead of 10.
    It reminds me a bit of the Vetta II that had a similar feature and it gives a kind of interesting phasing/ambience that I find very appealing and not only useful in headphones (I rarely use them) but also for recording.

... but it didn't answer my question for me. I never owned a Vetta II.....

I think I'll hold off on the upgrade myself do and stick with 1.6.1

I mean, it doesnt matter how good your tone is, if you're out of key with the song its going to sound off regardless.
    Massive issues in my opinion, and I'm surprised it got by QA.
    I use the inbuilt tuner in the studio myself all the time in 1.6.1 and live I use a boss TU3.

What is this spacehead room feature, and what does it do?
    All the release says is:
    " Space parameter in Master/Output Section enhances the Master Stereo signal by a short room simulation (Headphone and Main output)

"

What exactly does this mean? Does it just essentially add a short room reverb to the output?

thanks

:)

Hi!

Any chance we could have different user specified "Favourites" folders, so we could select a specific folder that we want to add a rig to when adding it as a Favourite?

It would be nice to have a separate "Favourites" section for different types of sounds, eg, "Favourite Hi-Gain", "Favourite Clean", "Favourite Blues", "Favourite Metal", etc etc...

Thanks
    -DD

Hi!

I think it would be really neat if users could upload a short audio clip of their RAW amp profile in action along with their amp profile in the rig exchange.
    Obviously everyone would have different guitars (etc) and be different players, but it would help give a ballpark as to the type of sound the author is going for with the rig.
    If site bandwidth is an issue, then at least perhaps a link/embedded soundcloud / youtube /other of the profile in action (and yes I know about quality of those sites, but at least we would still get an idea as to the sound of the profile)

Maybe also the user could also add a brief description of their amp profile such as:

Optimum style: (ie, the intended genre this profile was made (but not limited) for, ie, metal, jazz, blues, etc)
    Guitar used,
    Pickup type,
    Cab,
    Mic used,

Position of Mic,

Other (ie, any other outboard in the signal chain).
    Author

I find it would make browsing the rig exchange far more exciting and less "hit-and-miss" when trying out amp profiles that you've never heard of before.

So....good idea? Bad idea?

Thanks for reading!
    -DD

Not to revive old threads (but better than cluttering p the forums with repetitive questions)...

Would going this way affect the audio quality coming from the Kemper at all?

I currently go directly from my KPA to my soundcard via RCA. However, I think I may soon need to upgrade my soundcard to a USB alternative and the one I want only has toslink connectors.

Would this conversion path route sacrifice audio quality? Thanks

Is there any way to demo these profiles before paying for them?

Its just that, e50 (after currency conversion) is a lot of money for me right now, and I'd love to try-before-I-buy if you know what I mean.

Andy and those that own this metal profile bundle, how much tweaking out-of-the-box is required with these profiles?
    I love playing guitar, but I hate forever tweaking profiles...ie, Id much rather be playing my guitar then tweaking knobs on my KPA.
    Are these profiles ready to go immediately?

I listened to some of fenixdoidos examples and most of them were really good (Thanks fenixdoidos!). Though with some of these I did notice a "waterfall"-like "sshhhhhhh" sound in the 2K - 6K region. I've noticed this on some of my recordings as well. Is this just a bad profile or something that is normal?

Thanks!
    :)

Press System and on the first page adjust the Contrast, @115 you should be golden. ;)

Hmm... It was on 127 (default setting) and lowering the contrast did seem to help this alright. Thanks!

I just got a fright when I thought that my beloved KPA could be giving up the ghost!

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see will update if it gets worse.

Thanks guitarnet70

Hi,

I noticed today after powering up my Kemper that there is a strange albeit noticeable "barcoding" effect happening on the screen. Essentially, it looks like certain columns of the back LCDs are darker than others (creating a "barcode"-type effect).

I have attached a picture to this post so you can see what I mean.

Is this normal, or is this an indication/warning of an upcoming hardware failure? Its not as obvious when viewed head on, but I keep my Kemper underneath my computer keyboard in my studio for easy access and connectivity to my soundcard etc etc

Thanks
    -DD

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sFxr4iL.jpg]

I bought mine from these guys:
    http://www.dv247.com/manufacturer/Kemper/2490

and I couldnt be happier with them. 4 year warranty to boot (take THAT Thomann! ;) )

Ive bought a good bit of stuff from them over the years and I really cant recommend them enough.
    Their customer service (via email and phone) is second to none, and they will match Thomann prices AND give their longer 4 year warranty on the item too.

No I dont work for them, but they have replaced Thomann for me as my #1 go-to online music shop when I cant get what I want locally.

If you can go local, please do (I do when I can). Even for a few quid more I will go local, and ESPECIALLY with buying instruments (relatively speaking...depends on the saving I guess, but 4/5 I will go local if the online saving is <10% of the cost).
    Every instrument is made differently so going online is too much of a risk if you dont like it. Your friends Les Paul or Ibanez Prestige will play different than the model you buy online or play in the shop....guaranteed! At least with the shop you can try-before-you-buy that specific instrument first.

Your local music shop....you mightn't realise it now, but you'll miss them when they're gone!

Ok so now with the Lunchbox and Rackunit as options for Kemper, I decided to create this thread as a friendly A vs B comparison between the units.
    Here are some of my perceived Pros vs Cons of the 2 versions, but Im sure others will have more. Im going to view the Rack unit as a mounted rack unit. I know it seems to have feet, but lets just be realistic that 99.999% of people who get the rack version, are going to stick it in a rack! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lunchbox:
    Pros:
    + Transport-ability
    + easier to get to the output options on the back
    + Can be used anywhere
    + Design (subjective)
    + easier for live use out-of-the-box
    + easier to profile various amps due to its portability and accessability.

Cons
    - Design (subjective)
    - USB port on back of unit
    - more prone to accidents as its not stuck in a rack
    - Power amp must be retro-fitted (involves shipping, waiting, etc etc...) for existing users

Rack Unit:
    Pros:
    + Safer in a rack.
    + USB port on front

+ nicer implementation into a studio in terms of aesthetics (if you're the OCD type)

+ can be safer for live use if used within a rack unit

+ can be bough with a poweramp from day 1

Cons:

- Live use rack unit would cost extra

- harder to get at back of unit while in a rack

- harder to profile while in rack.

- no mod rate and intensity knobs

- not as portable as the lunchbox.

In my view, to get the most out of the rack unit, it would require an extra rack case for live work (though it would be safer onstage!) and in the studio, having it in a rack would be annoying if you want to profile something. Have to climb in to the back of your rack, disconnect the cables, unscrew the rack, and hook it all back up afterwards....unless you brought the amp to the Kemper. At least with the lunchbox you have an easier option to do both.

Thoughts? :)

Hi!

Is there any info released yet relating to the retro fit options for us early adopters?

specifically price, time it takes from sending your Kemper to getting it back, and shiping?

Lets face it, the lunchbox is not the lightest product in the world relative to shipping cost weights. (Its light though for everyday use though).
    But in shipping terms, its considered a heavy product, mainly so the post office can justify the cost, but it is what it is I guess.

Now heres my concern about the retro fit option.
    I love my Kemper, and as such, I am going to be damn well sure I protect it while its in transit. As a result, I bought myself a
    Thon carry case specifically for the Kemper:
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/thon_…_kemper_profiling_amp.htm

now this adds a considerable amount of weight to the unit. So to send this back to Germany, its going to cost me at least over e100 to send it to Germany!!
    Will Kemper acknowledge our early support with a special discounted price or something similar?

Im just wondering, as I've no doubt that to send it for other users will cost them even more! :)

So if you need a Loopstation - go and get one.
    And don't ask Christoph to send you one for free with the next FW.
    ;)

See, if I apply your same logic to this, then CK needn't put ANY stomp box features ir even a tuner in the KPA.
    I could say "if you need a tuner, go buy a Boss TU-3!" or something like that.

A looper would help the KPA stand out against its competitors and aid guitarists everywhere. I mean, it couldn't HURT to have a looper function in there now, could it?