Posts by drumdrum

Hi,

Could a master SPDIF output level be controllable directly via the Kemper?

I know that if the Kemper unit is connected to a soundcard that most soundcard software have a spdif level control assignable for monitor mixes, but not for the input into the DAW. So I in effect have no control over SPDIF on the input volume into my DAW EXCEPT for lowering the volume of the rigs themselves using the Volume knob (NOTE: not the Master Volume knob). This has upset my gain staging on my DAW presets and unfortunately its not a case of "just change your gain stage preset" as each rig tends to be different in level than the last.

Also, say I want to disconnect the Kemper and connect another device, then I need to re work the levels with SPDIF on the other device to maintain proper gain staging in my DAW.
    By keeping the SDIF controls locally within each connected device, I can "set and forget" each piece of equipment (including the Kemper) individually for my gain staging levels. This would make it a lot faster to just connect each device to my soundcard and get playing rather than have to tweak levels every time I connect a new piece of gear.

Also, what if you want to connect to a piece of equipment in a live setting via SPDIF but the receiving device does not have a spdif level control?

I think I have read on here that this feature was once available on the Kemper but it was removed. (I may be wrong on this...) I have my Kemper a little over 3 weeks now so I dont know if this option was in a previous firmware or not.

Regardless, could it be added / re-added to the next firmware update please?

Many thanks!
    -DD

Maurizio70

I now worship you!! You will be my new god!! :P

Nah in all seriousness, thank you very very much for this man. As mentioned before, its more than above the call of duty!

Serious Christoph Kemper if you are reading this, give Maurizio70 a job in the UI section of your company!!

delighted with this!!

Thank you very much!

And I now have over 350 new profiles!! :D

And I thought whitlling it down from the stock bunch was hard!!! :thumbup:

Hmm....| just had a mess around with my guitar and my Kemper and I set the Clean input to 6 and left Dist at 0. Now for me, the ultra cleans and super distorted tones are more or less evened out, though not perfect.

But for some tones there is a definite difference in level.

Can someone check these on their Kemper so that Im not going mad!
    <> All Rigs ---------------- <> Sorted By Date
    Liquid Metal, press rig Left button to Steave Crunch 02
    There is a definite level difference.

I even compared them in my DAW on my meters and there is a difference of the RMS between the 2....roughly 4db or so difference, which is quite substantial in terms of RMS differences (note, NOT the same as peak differences).

Its not the only ones that are different level wise. I think that this feature of the Kemper could do with an update! :S

TMV
    Thanks for that. It seems I did indeed skip over this issue.

The thing that got me is that when you press the Input button, the Store button does NOT light up. I am on the latest public beta 1.1.1 firmware. Kind of threw me! :)

I guess I will try to match my guitars input sensitivities to output at the RMS level I require.

Many thanks, man! :)

Hi All,

I wanted to ask / verify this before posting this in the feature request section. I've read the manual, and unless I missed something, there doesnt seem to be any sort of level / volume match feature between profiles.
    I find that this makes it harder to audition profiles for songs as invariably "louder = better" syndrome kicks in and can off throw comparisons.
    Additionally, for auditioning profiles in your songs/mixes, switching profiles with different levels can be a pain, requiring you to set the volume and replace the current profile in the Kemper. It can also throw off any gain staged channel strips you have built for yourself in your DAW...but I digress....

I use my Kemper as both a practice tool and as a recording tool. I record at 0VU (note NOT 0dbfs) and as a result, with my converters, my 0VU level is approximately at -20dbfs. Is there a way for me to lock my output volume of my Kemper to -20dbFS via SPDIF? I tried adjusting the master output and it makes no difference to the spdif output level. Only the volume knob for the profiles seemed to have an effect on the output level. I connect my Kemper to my soundcard via SPDIF (obviousl! :) ) to avoid an additional stage of a/d/a conversion.

Some sort of universal level setting in the Kemper would be nice. Something that adjusts the output level in accordance with what the settings you set are or how hot your guitar signal is.

Does such a feature already exist?

Thanks
    -DD

Hi All,

First of all, I have my black Kemper for a little over a week and I freakin love the thing!!

Out of the box, at first I was a bit disappointed as I only seemed to have access to 5 cabs to switch out.
    Some googleing led me to this thread:
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=5346

and presto!! Cabs galore!! :)

Now Im wondering 2 things:
    1 - I couldnt easily find this cab pack on the official Kemper site, and it took google searching to find it. I know its on the forums, but it took a user "Guitartone" (who if you're reading this, thanks a million for the cabs!) to show me the missing cabs. I would of thought that something this important to tone should be officially marked on the website, under Support section or something similar.

2 - How come this cab pack did not come pre-loaded into my Kemper? Is this cab pack not official, as the names are all part of the official presets that come on the Kemper out of the box...

3 - Am I missing any other important files or settings that aren't on the Support section of the official site? I got the latest public beta firmware. (Huzzah for amp sorting!!!)

Many thanks!
    -DD