Posts by Deltafit

I use an EQ on more or less every single one of my main patches. Whether it be parametric, graphic or studio. And if your suffering from boominess this is what you need to do. I always use the X slot for my EQ's. Whack a Graphic EQ in there and pull out at 160hz and 80hz. Take them completely off so this should eliminate pretty much all of your boominess then bring them back up to taste until the 'boominess' is at the desired level. Don't be afraid to use the tools inside the Kemper dude that's what they're there for.

Havent updated jet. Can somebody explain, why they attached the main output EQ to the headphone out? That doesnt make no sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. So now when I'm recording using the main outs and say I've taken 2db off the treble (main output EQ), I can now hear that in my headphones whereas before I wouldn't so what I would be hearing in my headphones was different to what is being recorded. It just gives you a truer reference as to what is going through the main output.

I've updated with no hiccups. Sounds better than ever :P thanks Kemper team. Love that you've attached the main output EQ to the headphone output! :thumbup:

Looking forward to trying this. Maybe use it for rhythm tones and keep longer delays for solo patches? But yeah I would also love an extra delay slot to do both. Maybe in the X slot.

i go through xlr and use -20db and master volume on 3 on my kemper going to mixer with input gain set lowest possible so that i don't clip the mixer input when hitting my guitar hard. :)

Yeah thats what I do too. Gain is set lower than other instruments so I can push it for solos. Thanks I'll be sticking to XLR input unless someone can give me a good reason to go with Line In input.

Hey guys bit of a noob question but what input should I ideally be running into the mixer from the Kemper when playing live or otherwise? I've been using and plugging into the XLR inputs (which I know is mic level) for a while now with great results but will going into the Line Level (which I believe i should be going into) provide a better signal/tone or any other advantages...?

I opened a thread with this exact problem some time ago. You'll probably see it further down the list. I'm having this problem too. When nothing is connected to the input or my guitar is down down/off, the input light goes red. It's NOT a OS problem however I'm beginning to think that when I updated to 2.1.1 it somehow 'triggered' this problem but I could be wrong, and probably am lol. Doing a system reset also doesn't fix it as I've tried that. I've tried different guitars, leads and a wireless...still there. I contacted support about this and they suggested I send in the unit to be looked at/repaired. They also said it's not a 'serious' problem where you can blow the input but nevertheless it's not normal. I've noticed that with mine, SOMETIMES the red light goes back out but then when you take a real close look at the input light the red light is kind of flickering slightly on and off. Sometimes the 'strength' of the flicker differs from strong to weak it's really strange.

I can't do without my Kemper as I'm a pro musician so this is a real needle in my head so to speak and worrying about it every gig is not good :(

Just thought I'd update my situation incase anybody has this problem in the future:

I updated to latest firmware today 2.1.1 from 2.1.0 and the input light was still red when guitar off. I was having some other issues which I won't go into here so I done a system reset...still red. So I went back to 2.1.0 (to sort out other issue) and suddenly the input light has gone back to normal!?! For now at least! :S I have no idea what happened or if this is a hardware or software issue. Support recommended I sent the unit in to 'repair' but I simply cannot be without it. I really hope my unit is not going bad. A lot of things seemed to of happened in the last month. Input light problem, LED's going out and suspected volume drops.

Anymore problems with this issue i'll update for future reference/archive.

I agree with both posts above. My Kemper also has blown LED's (had it just over a year) and also I have an input light problem. Support says to send it in for repair but as a pro musician I simply cannot be without my Kemper for the time being. As awkward situation to be sure! The LED's are not too much of a problem as yet but if more keep going off (currently about 3/4 are gone) then it will be. If only they come with an easy DIY solution.