Posts by Deltafit

Although I understand that it's not really pleasant to think of the KPA turning its volume to zero or to half the volume, there's no need to panick. This has been reported several times before and so far it hasn't stirred up much attention among other users. Also this happens relatively scarcely. I have only had this once every three or four months or so - so keep cool. Also the (new?) soft button solution is an easy way out of the trap in a live situation.

There's no need to panic? Say that to me when I'm playing in front of 3000 people! It might happen scarcely to YOU, not everyone. I feel it's happening to me often. This, for me, is a SERIOUS problem as I stated in my previous post. I hope Mr Kemper can maybe chime in a little in this thread as I haven't came across any other threads regarding this issue.

Thank God I found this thread. I'm a gigging musician and this happened to me last night at a gig. My keyboard player does our live sound on stage and during a song my volume dropped considerably. I gave him a few nasty looks as I thought he had turned me down lol! I feel now that this has been happening not only on this current FW (2.1.1) but on almost all previous ones too as I gig extensively with the Kemper. Sometimes I've thought it was a bad cable, or simply blamed my ears for playing tricks on me. In almost EVERY gig for god knows how long, I've felt the need to increase my main output level to give me back the drop in volume during songs.

The other night I was playing in my house using the headphone output and while I was playing the entire sound dropped out and all I could hear was the reverb of the profile. I put this down to the headphones I was using but I'm almost convinced now it's the Kemper.

For me this is a very serious thing as I'm a professional gigging guitarist and this problem is NOT good! I hope Mr Kemper and the team notice and solve this problem ASAP!!

Deny, can I ask which era of the Richie Sambora tone your looking for..? Perhaps a particular album sound? His 80's tone was far different to what he sounds like now. I believe he was using JCM800's back then. And as a few people and yourself has stated he was using DSL's for a long time. My personal favourite LIVE tone of his came from the Fender Tone Master's he was using on the These Days tour. They just sounded massive to me. For studio he also likes to use a lot of vintage amps too.

Installed no problems at all. HOWEVER, took it to practise tonight and had my very first ever DSP Error ;( turned off and back on and it worked fine then. I have a gig this Saturday coming so i'm very tempted to go back to a previous firmware until the official release is out.

Just seen this video from Andertons and the Captain has said that Oliver from Kemper has let him know that the Performance mode in a soon upcoming firmware release is on its way! :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

04) It sounds freaking real; I don't questions that it sounds real. It just does. I won't have to wait until OS Version 11 to say "NOW it sounds 'real'!" (Don't start WWIII over this comment pleez. I love all gear.)

This made me chuckle. I've noticed the new firmware for 'that which shall not be named' has come out. And, once again, everyone/users are saying WOW, SUCH AN IMPROVEMENT, NOW ITS THE BEST EVER!!! But they've been saying that since the early days of the standard/Ultra (ooops I give the identity away) and all the previous firmwares. I mean, when is it going to get to a point when they say ok thats it, it's just not going to get better than this. Like the Kemper. As Christoph has already said the 'sound improvement' will never change...this is as good as it gets. And what a relief it is to hear that. This is not bashing the other unit, I used to own an Ultra and I loved it. But with the Kemper there's no 'I can't wait for the next firmware so it's even better'. Anyway...that comment made me grin :D

For give my ignorance where is this latency switch ?....
    I'm glad all has worked out, as I said posts back I have always reset sys on loading a new OS and I can honestly
    Say I have not seen a fraction of the problems a lot of the guys have reported on this forum, other than the main ones noted
    I'm off to play it not play with it tonight have fun all. Evening CK

Its in the output (master) menu page 5/5 then you press soft button 4 (its not labelled but the light will turn on and off)

I just love the quirkiness of the toaster. I love that it's different. Also I gig with mine and it's so easy to carry, just put it in it's bag and throw it over my shoulder. No rack case to lug around (as I used to have with my old unit - that which shall not be named :P ). The USB on the front is good, but not a big deal for me personally. That said I would still love the rackmount as a backup.