Posts by robbymust

I have just been experimenting with this and I have 6152 rigs in the rig exchange every time I open the rig exchange and then it says it is downloading 93 rigs but it stays at 6152 rigs downloaded. So when you open your rig manager does it show zero rigs in the rig exchange and then it downloads all 6152 rigs.

Nils Jiptner's track Sunset Blvd has the most amazing guitar tone, would love to be able to emulate this tone and effects chain on the kemper, anyone want to give it a go or has anyone ever done some rigs to suit Nils sound.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you Paults for that I must start using the Rig Manager more as a part of the kemper, just means turning on a computer as well as all my other gear and most of the time all I want to do is play some guitar.
    I am a bit confused about this Paults says there are 625 slots in performance mode but the case is with a FCB 1010 midi foot controller you can only access 0 - 09 groups of 10. My FCB1010 foot controller when it gets to 09 then goes to 00 so the max slots I can access from my foot controller is 100 . So can the FCB1010 be changed to access the other slots as I see if you use the Type knob you can scroll thru 125 performance modes which means there would be 125 x 10 slots = 1250 slots Is it possible with the new Kemper floor board to access all 125 slots. Opps sorry there are only 5 slots per performance mode so therefore Paults is correct 125 x 5 = 625..

You can also have an additional 625 rigs in Performance Mode[quote]

I am a bit confused about this Paults says there are 625 slots in performance mode but the cast is with a FCB 1010 midi foot controller you can only access 0 - 09 groups of 10. My foot controller when it gets to 09 then goes to 00 so the max slots I can access from my foot controller is 100 . So can the FCB1010 be changed to access the other slots as I see if you use the Type knob you can scroll thru 125 performance modes which means there would be 125 x 10 slots = 1250 slots
    Is it possible with the new Kemper floor board to access all 125 slots.

Performance mode is so good as you can have the same rig set with 5 different settings, ie eq, stomp, reverb etc. Also it gives you a place to lay out 90 rigs with midi control and all with their own settings which do not effect the setting of the original rig, which stays intact in the browse section. The hardest thing I find in performance mode is selecting the rig you want to bring in as you have to use the browse knob and there is no way of just getting to the rig you want you have to scroll which means sometimes you have to scroll thru a lot of rigs to get to the one you want, but that is because I have 1000 rigs in my kemper at most times. At any rate perfomence mode to me doubled the way the kemper can be used and expanded it's usage to a tool that can be used on stage so well , thanks to kemper

To me 1000 is not enough I only wish we could have all the profiles available on the kemper and then you would have 6000 profiles in order of gain, author or what ever , you can then scroll through the profiles and select what you need to fit your music needs. I have always had my kemper at max rigs 1000 and if I want to import some new rigs I have to delete some from my saved rigs to allow space.

Just wondering what is the best setting for my studio monitors as they have a input sensitivity setting of either +4dBu or -10dBv and in the kemper spec it says

Analog Outputs MAIN OUTPUTS L and R: XLR balanced 1/4 inch TS unbalanced with ground lift, max output level: XLR +22dBu, TS +16dBu

I have the main out put using TS jacks to my monitors at max out put level as specified as TS +16dBu

so is it ok to use the +4dBu setting as this makes the sound coming out of the monitors much brighter, clearer and more volume

regards Robbymust

HI Guys & Girls
    I have in my downloaded rigs etc, in my computer, a number of zip files of presets, stomp presets, reverb presets, tonestack presets, stack presets, delay reverb presets & cabinets. I am not sure where I downloaded these from as my memory isn't that great but what are they for if we cannot import them into the kemper. Or is there a way that they can be imported as I only have a few presets in my kemper which probably came with the factory settings & content. It would be great to use these presets as they look really good. Many thanks

Just wondering if the folks at kemper have thought about making the rig manager librarian available as an app for mobile phones, i pads etc, as I would use my Sony Z3 phone to operate the librarian software, fast portable and easy, don't have to lug around a lap top or turn on a PC to manage rigs.

Is it possible to browse the stored rigs in the kemper with a foot switch rather than using the brows knob, I don't always want to use the rig manager as this means turning on a computer and I find using the browse knob a nuisance and would like to use a foot switch, non latching I suppose, is this possible. I use the fcb1010 for my main rigs selection but constantly want to get a rig that is not in my midi controlled rigs.

I agree it would be good to create a blank profile with no tags, parameters etc , with the GR55 you have the option to initialize the preset you have selected which wipes out everything and create a blank canvas to create upon, I suppose the Ancient Rig CK 0 is as close to a blank rig we can get as the profiler must have a profile to be selected

Is it possible to play my guitar through my midi pickup into my GR55 and then out of the GR55 mono output into the main front input on the kemper, this way I can emulate a guitar type using the GR55 , ie turning my strat into a ES335 sound , using no other effects or amp in the Gr55, just the guitar sound modification. Just would like to try this but thought best check first as may damage the kemper if this is incorrect in some way, and of coarse it may sound likle sh-t but always trying new things is fun.

This is what I have been wanting from the first time I plugged in my Kemper, some one else to create rig preset templates so that once you find a good amp then browse through the effect templates to create the full sound rather than having to build an effect group from scratch when you don't really know that much about effects. Having some of the excellent musicians who use the kemper share their effect templates is what I crave for as we have all the amps we could ever want but need experts to create effect groups like plugging your amp into Satriani's, Steve Wilson's, Beck's pedal board. So can we get the guys at Kemper to come up with a way of sharing these effect rigs with out having to attach them to a full rig to share on the rig exchange.

My strat does have good sustain thru my marshal & hughes & kettner amps
    I turned up the distortion sense and this dramatically increased my sustain
    I am working on the compression but do not know how ducking effects compression - any idears fellas
    Liked your clean amp zap
    what is a bladerunner is this a different pickup my strat has vintage alnicos

thanks guys this forum is so good great to be part of this evolving family

Robby, try my JTM30Clean rig. It's on the exchange.

thanks zappledan have downloaded your rigs and will try tonight plus will try the Sag and Compression parameters in the Amplifier section thanks , have used compression but doesn't seem to get that much sustain on my strat, but will do some more work on compression and sag ,,, thanks guys