Posts by robbymust

I do not seem to be able to get good sustain on clean amps through my FRFR sound system, is there any way of getting more without loosing clean tone. I am not very good with pedals, stomps etc as just don't have the experience, so any ideas would be much appreciated, also any rigs you may know of that are clean with good sustain, you might have guessed I am a sustain addict but never really achieved it with a clean sound.

The thing I would like to see is a better way of downloading rigs so that we could download the complete page of rigs on the rig exchange or have a rig exchange section where users could put their collections so that they could be downloaded as a collection. Sometimes I am not on the internet for a few days and then there are 6 new pages of rigs to try out and if there was some simple way to group select them and download them as a group that would be so much better than having to download each rig one after another.

I am using a Zoom multi effects pedal board G9.2tt with the direct send of the kemper ( set to git studio ) going to the zoom input and then two output sends right & left coming back from the zoom to the kemper , left into return input & rignt into alternative input. This way the zoom is always in the signal chain and I can control how much effect it has by using it's volume pedal so I can blend it to get an amazing scope of sounds from nothing to all on and a thousand sounds in between.

I don't see any discussion on whether Kemper are offering adding there new power amp to the existing units that were sold to all of us with out the power amp. Is this not going to be an option and they are not going to work out a solution for the 'old' units.

Could it be possible to make SPDIF IN work like the new Auxiliary input so that
    you could bring in sound from another source such as a key board, mp3 player etc to mix
    into the kemper outgoing sound signal. There could be a soft button to select where the signal coming in would go in the kemper chain , ie pre effects, post effects etc. This way we could make more use of the digital in & out for different set ups. I have noticed that the sound I get running SPDIF direct to my reference monitors or my recording system is far better than running the main left and right outs to my reference monitors or my recording system. The digital signal is far clearer and more precise.
    The new Auxilary input is good and a good addition however it cuts out the external effects loop which to me is very important and it would be more valuable to have the SPDIF IN as the auxiliary input.

well I put my key board in through the new auxiliary input ie alternative input & return input as suggested in the new addendum 1.6 and that works fine but this means I cannot use my external effects loop, would be great if the kemper guys could enable the spdif in to be switchable for reamping the guitar signal or adding an audio signal to the mix without going through the amp / fx block.

Can SPDIF IN work like the new Auxilary input so that you could bring in sound from another source such as a key board to mix into the kemper outgoing sound signal. I am running my main sound out through the SPDIF out straight into my M Audio reference monitors and I would like to also mix the digital output of my Roland G6 Fantom key board into the mix. My reference monitors only have one spdif input. So if I can bring the sound of the fantom into the kemper and then out through the psdif out with the stereo guitar signal this would be great.

So are you saying you can edit midi assignment numbers off the kemper on your Mac as I have been asking this question and got a no you can't do it. Could it be done on a PC.

Would it be possible with the rig exchange to make it more easy to download the full page of rigs or group selected rigs on one page as it is time consuming downloading one rig at a time. I download the new rigs that come in evry day or two and then preview before keeping or deleting , this way every day is like Christmas, 10 or 20 new amps to try out and keep, is this amazing or is this amazing!

There needs to be an editor that could rearrange midi assignment numbers to rigs as at the moment it is to slow to rearange your rigs to suit a new layout for your midi floor board, me it's the behringer FCB1010. Also to be able to save the 128 midi number layout so that different layouts could be saved and restored so that you can change your pedal board layout by the click of a couple of buttons on the kemper. Then you can have different concert or gig layouts, recording layouts , song layouts etc.

HI All
    Is it possible to rearrange your midi numbers for the 128 rigs you have with selected midi numbers while on your PC using the 7-zip program. It is very time consuming changing numbers on the kemper as you have to assign the rig over another rig and then go get the rig you just wrote over from the library and assign it to another location. To rearrange my jumbled 128 rigs will take me so long on the kemper. Anyone got a fast way of rearranging midi numbers.

Please can we get volume control for s/pdif and a link to master volume. You say in your manual it is best S/PDIF does not have volume control and it should go out at full signal but giving it a link to master volume does not change that as you can still choose not to link it. My reference monitors are s/pdif input and work great connected straight from the kemper but with no volume control it is not possible to use as I would blow my head off, far too loud. So please can we get a master volume link for s/pdif.

To get the best live sound in my home studio is it best to use studio monitors or pa speakers. FRFR - fall range flat response surely means studio monitor as pa speakers must colour the sound as they have built in sound enhancing electronics. Also for headphone are monitoring headphones best or super aural or circum aural.

yep that's definitley a kemper and I haven't had any pot today - not that I smoke the stuff - no I drink it - 2 ounce of head to a bottle of chartreuse and leave it a couple of months and then put it in an eye dropper, one eye dropper and you are in bliss, great for concerts, cinemas, any public place, and it saves the lungs, but watch out because you will obviously mistake bottles of water for KPA's