Posts by robbymust

Can you change the output volume of rigs that are selected for performance so they all have the same volume as I find when I select a number of rigs to use with my midi foot controller they have different volumes and I cannot see how to change the output volume of a rig. Of coarse I am dumb, and the information is probably at hand but I cannot find it.

Maurizio is da man , why didn't the kemper boys think of this, still I suppose this KPA is a joint creation taking place with the KPA boys and us folks out in the real world trying to make the KPA fly, and it does, what an amazing piece of gear it is, this has to be the greatest invention since the electric amplifier was invented.

here is an image of michael and I have circled the KPA, it sure looks the piece to me

You know that pick of Micnael Landou I posted is an example of seeing
    something that isn't really their , I could have sworn it was a KPA but
    now I have made a still pic and looked at it again it is a bloody bottle
    of water. Dashed my hopes of getting Michaels dumble profiled, if I was
    marketing KPA's that's what I would be doing is similar to say the
    Roland GR55 which I have we now have a few top guitarists who have made
    presets ( patches or tones ), so I would be looking for some dudes like
    Michael to do some profiles.

Just switch off the stomps and the Fx with the dedicated soft buttons and use the lock function (press and hold Stomps, press again once, press Lock. Same thing for FX). Now you can browse through the amps only. When you want to add something just unlock the block and select the desired stomp or fx.

Many thanks guitarnet that is great help, I am only on day 10 of owning the KPA and am blown away and also this forum is mind blowing. You know that pick of Micnael Landou I posted is an example of seeing something that isn't really their , I could have sworn it was a KPA but now I have made a still pic and looked at it again it is a bloody bottle of water. Dashed my hopes of getting Michaels dumble profiled, if I was marketing KPA's that's what I would be doing is similar to say the Roland GR55 which I have we now have a few top guitarists who have made presets ( patches or tones ), so I would be looking for some dudes like Michael to do some profiles.

When you create a new rig from scratch on any another modeller, the first thing you have to do is choose an amp sim...

Do the same with the Kemper, choose an amp Profile and start creating your new rig...it's the same thing.

I do not understand this from Guitartone , where do you start with a blank playing field to choose an amp sim, if you are in the Browser mode then there will always be a Rig selected which brings with it all it's setting which you don't want. Surely there must be a place where you can start to build a rig from scratch with everything turned off.

Is it possible to create a new rig from scratch or do you always have to use an existing rig and modify it and then save as. I cannot see any place where you can start building a new rig with a blank playing field. Also if you turn off a stomp the lcd for the stomp still shows the colour of the stomp that is turned off. Can you turn off the stomp completely.

Hi Jean
    sorry I have only just picked up the gear but according to my reading it will work fine as you can send midi messages from the amps midi thru outlet and if the amp and KPA are set to omni then when you click on the FSM-432 a midi message will be sent to the KPA and this will select a rig that has been saved to that midi preset 128 of them. Also I intend to use an A/B switch on my guitar feed so that I can send the signal either to the KPA or to the guitar input on the switchblade and then on the switchblade preset have the loop selected or not so that by clicking two buttons one can go from the straight switchblade preamp without the loop & KPA or defeat the switchblade preamp by selecting the guitar signal into the KPA and having the loop selected.
    It will take me a few weeks to get it all sorted but when I do I will post a full set up of what I am doing , heck it might not work and sound like crap! but I reckon this will work.
    Regards Rob

I have just bought a kemper and a Hughes & Ketner switchblade 100 combo to work together as a total package as the switchblade has a full midi floor board that you can use to switch the KPA and by running the KPA into the amp loop and running the guitar straight into the KPA then you have the ultimate rig. So as I see it KPA's will not reduce amp sales they will only enhance the way we use our amps at home on stage and in the studio. The KPA is the gel that can bind a lot of gear together to work in a more dynamic way.

I want to put the kpa output into the fx loop of my switchblade amp so that it will defeat the switchblade amps preamp and the kpa will become the preamp. Is this possible , I see some guys are putting the kpa into the fx loop of their multi effects pedal board which is similar but I want to go straight into my amp.