Posts by djdyer

I was suggesting RM to use the parameters in the profile (assuming that a profile is just a list of parameters arrived at by the profiling process) to find similarity. Just a thought. Interesting to see if other users had felt the same need from time to time.

Can someone who has loaded V7 have a quick look at the output section and advise if the EQs now include high pass and low pass. Thanks. I am waiting for the full release before updating.

I have a bunch of profiles that I think are really great, but always wonder if there are other similar profiles that are just a bit better in some way. I also often think that a profile is good, but I'd like a bit more warmth, or sparkle or bite etc.

But with many thousands of profiles to search through its hard to know where to start looking, other than similar amps with similar gain. There are probably a lot of hidden gems that would be missed by just looking for other profiles of the same amp. I usually give up looking and go back to tweaking the profiles I already use, and to be fair the kemper is great for modifying a profile to get just what you want.

As I understand it a Kemper profile is a just set of parameters, so it should be possible for rig manager to sort profiles in order of their similarity to a reference profile. Rig manager would sort the rigs by total variance of the most dominant parameters.

As an extension of this idea of sorting by the profile parameters, rig manager could be extended to have columns for sparkle, bite, grit, warmth, fatness etc so you could sort by gain then sparkle then fatness for example. Obviously to do that would be quite a lot of work by the kemper team to come up with a set of common (rather subjective) terms for guitar tone and decide which profile parameters best fit most guitarist's understanding of what that term means. A bit of a minefield to get into, but the end result would make the rig manager and the rig exchange a lot more useful.

I'm wondering why the amount of lead boost you need is depending on the "type of gig" while the rhythm sounds stay all the same regardless of the type of gig!?

MAIN OUTPUT and MONITOR OUTPUT offer output EQs. These are global and might be more effective to adapt the sound to a specific environment.

Or you lock one module e. g. with a Pure Boost, morph its Volume, and adjust the morph value for each gig once.

Thanks for your advice.

I sometimes play in a 4 piece with 2 guitarists, where i find i need 5db lead boost, and sometimes in a 3 piece where I'm the only guitarist and only need a 3db lead boost. My rhythm level is higher in the mix to start with in the 3 piece.

Why not use a volume pedal configured as a boost and locked to be global?

Thanks for the suggestion. I did start off using a global volume pedal, but found I preferred the simplicity of clicking a button. I was prone to leaving the pedal in an in between state rather than fully up or down. I also add more delay and alter some other effects when going for the lead tone. So i currently use a morphed volume boost in the amp section of each rig.

Like a lot of gigging guitarists I mainly use the morph feature to get a lead volume boost on my rigs. It would be great if there was a master morph volume change in the output setting, with the option in each rig to have it applied or not applied to the rig. This would make it much easier to set up the lead boost across all the relevant rigs, and to change the amount of lead boost across all the relevant rigs depending on the type of gig.

Quick shout out for Top Jimi's AC/DC pack. I tried/tweaked a lot of Marshall profiles trying to get that sound, but Jimi's pack was easily better. I used the Back in black lead profile for this demo.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have set the remote tap button to act as my morph button for all rigs, to make it simpler to switch between lead and rhythm settings.

The Tap button is perfectly placed for a quick in-and-out setting change, with a much reduced risk of pressing the adjacent rig button by accident (this frequently happens to me!).

I am often uncertain whether I have successfully pressed a remote button and then I need to quickly glance back at the remote and check the morph light on the selected rig. This is not easy from a distance as the normal and morphed lights in each rig are the same colour and brightness and are close together.

It would be really useful if the tap button light behavior would also change when the tap button is set as the morph button, off when not morphed and on when morphed.

Changing the behavior of the tap button light when it is used as a morph button would make it much easier to tell at a glance whether the selected rig is in normal or morphed state.

I would find it really useful if the 5 rig morph lights on the remote were a different colour to the 5 rig lights. I often find myself needing to double check whether i successfully pressed the switch to morph and from a distance its quite hard to tell the difference between the two rig lights which are currently the same colour and same brightness.

Something I'm working out for my pop-to-rock covers band to play. BM's BE100 profiles used.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My toaster fell off the bass player's speaker cabinet at our last pub gig and then had a pint glass full of water and ice dropped onto it. Glass and water everywhere. But no problem with the kemper. It's been rock solid for me all year in pub gigs and festivals. Seems to be really well built.

DXR12 for me. Works well as back line on its own or in combination with a line out to FOH. I have also used a DXR15 which was a little thicker/ bassier bit still very good and was a better size for sitting the toaster on.

Nothing fancy, but works very well for me for a range of venues, both big and small. Unpowered head through a DXR12 and all sat on one of our bass cabs. Rubber mat between the bass cab and the DXR12 to avoid any 'walking' and the Kemper is taped down to the top of the DXR12. I use the main outs in mono for both the on stage DXR12 and to the PA, with the -12db option selected on the output to avoid overloading the inputs on some PAs. I'm using a couple of AC15 profiles from MBritt for my clean and crunch rigs and a couple of BE100 profiles from Bert M for my drive and full rigs. Also a very good acoustic sim from the forum. One performance covers all our songs. All profiles have the amp volume morphed from 0 to +5db for a lead boost. I often need to trim the presence on the output EQ to remove some brightness from all the profiles, depends on the venue. With the DXR12 pointed at my chest I also need to put 2:1 gates set at a threshold of 5 before the BE100 profiles to avoid open string feedback when I switch to the lead boost.