Posts by sb

I just picked up a QSC K12. Should I use the line level or the mic level setting on the back of the speaker when connection from the main outs on the KPA. And if I use the monitor out would the setting be the same for both?
    Thanks

You're welcome! The studio version is several guitars, and the various parts have different start and end times, notes held in different places. So, the pressure is off, in terms of playing the exact same parts. It can't be done:)

So, play the melody of the solo ( that was his live approach) and you'll be good with something similar to the suggestion.

That's what I have done. Concert is next week, I should be in good shape! Thanks to all for the help!

We play "Friends will be friends" and for the solo I use a tweaked version of the 69 factory preset with a Lead boost in front and a Geq in X boosting mids and highs. All this with my DiMarzio equipped strat.

Would you mind sharing it? :)

I've had pretty good luck getting a Mayish tone using the AC30 HW profile by Reznor with a lead boost applied.

This profile is very cool. A little tweaking and there it is! Very fun profile to play on as well!

Of course I understand all of the other factors involved. I am just looking for a good Queen sounding profile as a good starting point. I can play fine, I know that's the most important. I just want the tone to be close.

I am looking for a profile to get a good Brian May type tone. I am sitting in with a choir soon to perform Bohemian Rhapsody.
    Most of the Vox profiles are just not getting it for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The Alien ears are pretty reasonable in cost and he gives you a money back guarantee, even on the custom molded buds he sells.
    Upgrading to better buds is probably going to help the most.

I made no mods to my bag, the padding you see came with it (actually has extra to spare). And when I got my KPA the branded bag was not in stock at the retailer offering me the best price. My bag has additional straps to firmly secure a guitar and/or mic stand to the front, does the KPA bag? My shoulder straps hooks are reinforced with a velcro safety strap, is that offered on the KPA bag? My bag has extra flaps which cover all zippers to limit the chance for water to seep in during bad water transports. Does the KPA bag have that?

Again, feel free to spend your money (and time) the way you see fit.

You feel free to do the same! :) I was not trying to slam anybody for this.

I am not too worried about transporting my Kemper in the rain. I don't play in the rain. I don't need heavy duty safety straps as the KPA only weighs in at 11 pounds. etc................

You don't understand shopping for the best price? I paid less than $1,600 for my KPA (which was still about 3x the amount I've every spent on a single piece of music gear). I will always seek out the best deal I can find for anything and everything. Feel free to spend your money the way you see fit.

BTW - I went with the Dolica GS-350 which is a perfect fit for the Kemper, padded (intended to carry camera gear), and I got it for $69.99 on eBay.

[Blocked Image: http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s561/william_chen2/20130210_114933_zps3966327c.jpg]

Of course I understand shopping for the best price but if you order the Kemper bag when you order the Kemper unit you can usually talk the price down on the bag if you try jut a little bit. It just seems like an awful lot of time is invested to to save just a few bucks. And then you have to install extra padding or whatever to make that purchase work with the Kemper. Does not seem worth all of the effort. But it's all good. Everybody can do whatever makes them happy. :)

For many people the price.

I am not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand all the folks who pay what they pay for a KPA ($1700 +) and then freak out on paying $124 (or less)for the bag.
    It's a pretty small price in the big picture and it fits PERFECT...

This issue exists for me as well. But I never had it with my other 2 white KPAs. Just my new black one. Not at all saying that has anything to do with it. Dont know if it was because of firmware upgrade or what. But it is a pain to deal with. Im using Rocktron Midi Raider here. For me, its happening changing from a clean profile to a distorted one.

Hi Jeff!

We are not just bitching to bitch.. There is a SERIOUS switching lag going on with my unit. As I have said a couple times before, I had NO LAG switching presets via midi pedal when I first bought the KPA. I stayed on FW 1.09 up until about 6 weeks ago when I "upgraded" to 1.54. It seems like that is when it started for me. But I cannot be sure. I upgraded, but did not have my midi pedal connected to the unit until my next gig. It just started happening out of the blue for me. But it's really bad to try to deal with. It's not a fade in fade out thing when switching, it's an enormous lag.

If I had the time I would attempt to make a video to show how bad it was.

You people who are throwing shots at us saying it's our imagination should just stay the hell out of the thread if you cannot say anything worthwhile. This problem sucks bad. Or am I just imagining it?

X(

I feel stupid but what do you mean by do the DI? Do you mean use the line out or the send method? I am assuming you mean the line out.

I have a Bogner 20th XTC. It has a line out and a send/return effects loop.. If I wanted to profile the head going DI would I use the line out or would I use the send and get the preamp only?