Posts by audiogenx

I'm running the latest OS and the latest version of Rig Manager. Been using the Kemper for 7 years without issue. I'm on Mac using an Apollo.

The sound of all of the dry rigs, with all pre and post inserts empty, is affected by the Space parameter even though I have it all the way off.

It's happening on every profile in my Kemper and/or when switching profiles using RM.

Cranking up the Space parameter has no effect, presumably because it is stuck to 'full wet'. Turning it all the way down has no effect either..... same roomish sound mixed in.

This is driving me crazy. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

**EDIT: It is not stuck to 'full ON' but there is no way to remove it completely. It's like it's stuck to 10 o'clock

To the Kemper guys..... I've bought probably $40,000 worth of gear over the last 5 years or so. Rig Manager makes the Kemper tied for first place with the RME UCX as the 2 best pieces of gear I've ever bought.

I'm on Mavericks and haven't encountered any bugs yet......

Total game changer..... it makes the Kemper so much more useful it's unbelievable.....

Nice going Germany!

Why would the analog signals and Spdif signals out of phase?
    This is no issue of being master or slave.

I'm just saying that if you record the SPDIF signal and the Analog Input at the same time through the babyface ( both Stack ), they don't line up in the DAW. There is a latency present with the Analog input that doesn't exist for the SPDIF signal.... through the RME babyface..... obviously due to another A/D conversion

So the two tracks in the DAW in this scenario are (slightly) out of phase. The other guy suggested that I record the FX with the Analog Inputs and the Stack via SPDIF - but beyond that being a hassle, the timing will not be ( exactly ) correct for the recorded tracks :)

BTW that is using a buffer of 64 in Logic X. Going down to 32 may solve this time discrepancy, but I have problems with my system when going that low.... and having used many other interfaces, the 64 buffer is not even possible without major pops and clicks... so the misalignment would be even greater ( possibly ) with another interface

So just to clarify.... if the SPDIF had an option just like the Main Output..... "Master Left" or ( even better ) git / Master Left that would be great. Recording mono delay and mono reverb with the track itself is common in my world. We do it on a lot of Rockabilly and Surf guitar parts. It's helpful sometimes to just pan the guitar track in a mix and have the reverb pan with it...

Do you guys think this is a bad idea ?

Why not just use another output? You could record the DI signal with the direct out. Then you could record just one side of the SPDIF for the mono delay. Maybe use the master stereo out to record something else as well.

I'll answer your question with a question......

WHY use another output / input?

It's simply possible via software change to SPDIF options. Not all of us have *many* channel interfaces. I have an RME Babyface that has 2 analog inputs that I have my stereo condensers plugged into, and the SPDIF capability of the Babyface and Kemper work together beautifully so that I can monitor everything without having to get behind my desk into a mass of cables in my small room and plug/unplug everything just to get a mono guitar + FX recorded.

Also, as others have mentioned in this thread, because the Kemper cannot be a SLAVE, only MASTER, the analog signal will have a time discrepancy versus the all digital signal. In other words, if you take the Stack signal via SPDIF and the Stack signal via Main Output / Analog IN - they don't line up and are out of phase.... you have to go into your DAW after the fact and re-line everything up every time that you record a track...?? Not a good solution.

If we added all these little options here and there, you all would hate the Profiler in the end due to its complexity :)

I'd be happy just if the SPDIF out options would mirror the Main Out options..... I too record exclusively with SPDIF out and like to track in mono....

so a git/master mono on the SPDIF out would be the ticket

With a Tele try the TAF 1969 Deluxe Reverb. (TAF - Teeny Tiny Feet)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…2013-09-15%2015-02-51.zip

These are badass for Tele and Strat - some of my favorite profiles you've put together here..

I have tons of Soundside and Amp Factory stuff.... but these are what I was looking for. ( I realize one of these is Amp Factory )

EDIT: After trying the other ones in this thread....all of the recommended are killer.... saved me from trolling through the rig exchange....

Thanks to all ~

The commercial ones I really like are the Mesa Tremoverb from AF6 and the Statesman from Soundside