Posts by JeffTD

I think you guys are seriously overcomplicating the issue but I don't care to get into that argument here.

@sambrox - @ckemper has said that delay number 2 in the queue, but what about delay is at #2? Adding more delay types or freely routing the fx blocks?

I want to bring this up for reconsideration by @ckemper & co - it has been asked for regularly over the entire lifecycle of the KPA, and it still holds me back from getting some sounds with the unit.

We currently do not have the ability to place delays in any other slot but the delay slot - this makes getting certain sounds absolutely impossible without the use of a delay pedal to put the delay before the profiled amp.

This also does not allow us to place any effects between the delay and reverb slots.

Both of these would be very useful for the end-users to have control over - @ckemper, can you please comment on the feasibility and possible timeline for adding the functionality to include the delay effect in non-delay slots?

Fair, I misread and assumed GString's points were general and not specifically for that functionality, but my previous criticisms still stand. I don't think there has ever been any indication by Kemper & co that we're actually going to get a good editor/librarian/vst companion to the hardware unit, and I'm really bummed out by that. We also still have no idea on free routing of FX or pre-amp delay pedals despite being discussed to death on this forum in like 10 threads each - they aren't the most transparent company, and have an attitude of "feature requests are only valid if they are in-line with very specific usecases the KPA was explicitly designed for."

@viabcroce you mentioned trying to reason with Line6 about this in a similar manner, as if it were supposed to illustrate that Kemper does a good job compared to them. Are you forgetting that L6 already has some of the best software companions/vst plugins on the market for their gear, and has for a decade I would KILL for an L6-level software companion to the KPA on par with what PODfarm 1 did in 2004.

I'm also not asking Kemper to develop it at my pace - I'm asking them to give us a real answer because they haven't in 4 years.

Tell me one company, which is telling you the products they want to release in the next years...
    I don't know any... But don't know the reason for these secrets.

Just one? Tesla. Maybe Apple. Apogee. RME. Most companies give an indication of what's being worked on or what's on the horizon; this one just tell users "we may or may not acknowledge your request, also we are breaking the work you've done because we're lagging."

You are completely off topic and your comparison has no other purpose than to stir "sh.." up. It does not belong here.

Can you qualify this accusation? I see it as 100% on topic and totally belonging here and I want to know why you disagree.

He spoke of a case where someone was developing much-needed software for the AxeFX and ended up being by Fractal because the results were good and the program was needed, and the company hadn't made much progress on their own.

In this thread, after 4 years of demanding an editor, someone found a way to DIY it; contrary to the above example, Kemper told him not only would his efforts not be supported or used in any way, but they would be actively broken by the next FW update.

I may be brash but I don't think I'm unreasonable. I have been waiting 4 years for a decent editor, free routing of fx, real HPF/LPF, etc etc etc and none (save the filters) of these seem to be considered by Kemper & co. They won't even respond to our feature requests on it besides to tell us the methods we've been using to make a DIY editor will be canned in the next update.

You can make excuses for the company all you want, but they're not giving us much indication on whether or not we should stick with this platform and or if they'll make good on completing the package they started with the KPA hardware unit. Lots of people have been saying "the KPA itself is great and anything else is an extra" - sorry, but welcome to the 21st Century. We expect connectivity and compatibility across a number of different portals now, a computer software pairing being the absolute lowest barrier to entry when it comes to that.

Again - Access and Virus do this insanely well; why can't Kemper? Why can't they even talk to us about it?

my post wasn't about a software editor by a third party.
    gs

Neither was his - it was a pretty obviously pointed jab at you guys.

I have to say, as someone who adopted the KPA early and has been really gung-ho about it for 3-4 years at this point, I've been really disappointed in how the company has handled these types of efforts and recent feature requests. Here we begged and pleaded for an editor and were given the Rig Manager - great, but not quite what we needed. We found another way and are being expressly shutdown, but it's being framed in a kind of businesspeak to dance around the actual issue. Remember the looper via MIDI debacle? The only reason that got turned around is because this forum threw a fit. The million and a half requests for free routing? I may have gotten a (yet to be implemented) feature request granted for the HPF/LPF in the EQ, but that was after literally 2 years of badgering and arguing over bad workarounds.

At this point I'm not sure if it's pure laziness or if I actually like the KPA, but I've been really tempted to jump to the Fractal side for a while now.

If it's not for you then it's not for you; nobody's forcing you to join or acting like you have to. :)

There is a difference in tone between discussing a product on a company-specific forum and on an unaffiliated one; look at the difference between, say, this or the Seymour Duncan Forum vs Rig-Talk, Gearslutz, Ultimate Metal, the various FB groups, etc. It's just a different vibe, and some people don't need, want, or benefit from that. Some do.

What would the advantage of a separate forum be?
    (Genuinely interested in the answer!)

:)

Unfettered and non company-monitored discussion/criticism/bitching about the product and company, a better UX for certain types of discussions/sharing, nobody is able to hide behind a keyboard/username, the ability for the community itself to boot/ban members who we don't want in there.