Posts by JeffTD

You put an od808 in front too?

I used an OD808, 5150, and Mesa 4x12 as my main rig for 5+ years; I put the OD808 infront of everything for heavy rhythms. I far prefer it to the onboard TS in the Kemper. Smoother, less abrasive, 'bigger' sounding and more natural for lack of a better word.

It's definitely stiffer feeling and has more upper midrange than a TS; I really wish we could put profiled stomp boxes in the stomp section because of this. I'd be fine using the modelled TS live, but in the studio I need to have my OD808 running for the best results.

Holy shit, the 6505 profile in this is INSANE. The 5150 has been my all-time favorite metal amp, and I've owned 6 at this point. Been waiting to get my hands on another to profile, but this might have done it. Incredible sounding and feels just like the amp I know and love - what cabinet/mic setup did you run this one through, Andy? I've always been a 5150+Mesa+57 guy, and this is pretty damn close!

It cracks me up that the ethernet jack isn't documented, at all. It's nowhere in the manual.

I'd kill for a good GUI though; would need it OS X based but that's really all that's holding the unit back at this point.

Aside from not having a pitch shift/octave/harmonizer... yet.

I've done it with a G-Force in the past with no problems; activating the pedal doesn't cause a pop, but switching to the patch with the Maxon 'off' makes the popping disappear. I'll investigate with some other drive pedals if I can get my hands on them and report back!

Loving my Kemper, but have found that I get an annoying 'pop' (like patching in a cable) whenever I switch to a patch that has the 'mono loop' stomp active. I leave my Maxon OD808 in the loop (prefer it to the onboard TS by quite a bit), but only want it active on distortion patches. When switching to these, however, I'm greeted by a pop; this wouldn't bode well in a live situation.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Maybe something I've got set up incorrectly causing it? Just nature of the beast?

I think what your referring to there is "tonematching" not profiling

No, not at all. It would still be profiling, just using the method detailed below:

Exactly. Right on the money.

It could even work.....anybody out for a try? You don't even need to do it from far, just test if you can sync the re-amped signal with the unit

I've got a friend with a Kemper that I might be able to convince to do this, will get on him about it.

Really looking into getting a KPA, but have one question on it. In my head this works, but I'm not sure if in practice it works.

The Kemper profiles by sending a signal out through the rig and then having that 'reamped' signal fed back into the unit; what's to stop us from profiling gear from afar? AKA I record what the Kemper sends out to the amp to my DAW, send the file to a friend who has the rig I want profiled, he reamps that signal through the rig, sends me back the reamped signal, and I run that into the Kemper. Is this not possible?

*it's profiling
    fixed it for you ;)