Posts by Gizmo

Hi all.

I've had my Kemper for nearly two years now. It took me a while to pluck up the courage to use it live, but just about a year ago I did, it was OK...not stellar, but OK.

I've used it live ever since (about 40 shows), often with mixed results. Sometimes really great and sometimes disappointing.

Problem is that I use 6 or 7 different guitars when I play live in two bands and I use just a few different Performances.

I have continually had to fight with the stomp settings and the input sense settings. Sometimes it works great, other times the volume increases and gain changes that happen when I use the stomps are so wildly out of what I though they were set at.

All rigs in my performances have the same stomps and FX settings. Comp->Green Scream->EQ->Chorus My FX slots are Pure Boost->Trem

It seems that I spend ages setting my input senses for each guitar but I find it impossible to make them all compatible with the stomp setups in each performance.

I'll pick up a different guitar, select the appropriate sense preset for that guitar and the stomp gains/volumes are SO different. I never had a problem like this with my amps and regular stomp boxes.

I know it must be my input sense settings. Each guitar I use has had plenty of attention to set them right to the best I know how, and they work great individually, no problem here. It's when I try to use a rig/performance that has been tuned for one guitar with a different guitar. It all goes to hell pretty quickly.

It seems to me that there's a very fine line, especially with distortion sense.

I really don't want to duplicate performances for different guitars...that would just be a nightmare. so does anyone have any good ideas how best to balance input settings for multiple guitars!

But when you change to the older username your favourites are back?
    Am I missing something?

All I know (now) is that if you change the author name on the KPA, your favorites (and ratings I think) disappear as they are tied to the author. The RM can do this to you if you are not careful.

I changed the RM name to be EXACTLY (including caps) the same as my author and went to a back up to get my favorites back on the KPA….didn't actually try and change the KPA author name back to the original one but it would be a good test.

During RM startup, if your names are different on RM and KPA, there should be an option to change either one, and at least warn you what could happen if there's a mismatch.

so KPA team and avid supporters... any thoughts on this question? It's been laying around for 3 or 4 days now..

So as an avid supporter and lonnnng term Mac user, I thought I gave you two reasonable thoughts :whistling:

I had a problem like this…turns out the author names in both the RM and the KPA have to be the same.

If you have set the RM author already and you answer yes to the question about changing the names, it changes KPA author, not the RM author and consequently wipes out all your favorites….which are tied to the author's name.

Did that to me twice before the help desk put me right!

I've just installed RM on my mac and used it a couple of times…so no real experience with it…but...
    Did you try drag and drop?
    Can any of the ones that weren't already pasted be copied over?

Ditto here. I gig with 3 or 4 different guitars (single coils and HB) and 3 or 4 different performances (different amps).
    I never know what guitar I'm going to use with which rig until just before the next song. Worked for me so far.

Too much of a hassle to experiment with all amp parameters. A good profile tends to sound good with any guitar. If not then better look for another profile.The only paramater I change is the volume when the output turns consistently red.

During a gig last week where I was using the KPA with just my CLR (no FOH feed), I needed to adjust the Monitor Out volume. (Monitor Out is the only output that is linked)

As I turned the Master Volume control. the usual display showing the level appeared but as I turned the setting down to about half way, the output went to zero, even though the display was showing half way (about -12dB). As I turned it back up again, my volume came back. I could turn it up and down but it seemed that the full range of the output had been squeezed into the top half of the displayed range.

This didn't affect my overall output so I kept playing.

Between the sets, I went to the output section on the KPA and "twiddled" with the settings….not really sure what I did, but the problem disappeared. I couldn't reproduce it and it hasn't happened since.

Probably just "one of those things", but I thought I'd mention it here in case someone else has had the same thing.

Found a partial workaround….It at least puts my recent imports at the end of the list.

Quoted from "wildstringdom"
    This would be good, but you can do it already like this (hard way):

1- remeber the name of the last file you imported to kemper.

2- browse for name and choose it, then after press to browse for date, it will go the last imported

I just imported about 100 new rigs then did a backup before upgrading the FW to 2.4.2

Once the update was complete I selected the "Last Imported" and it showed ALL my rigs (500+) instead of the 100 I just imported.

I recall this happening in early FW versions but I thought it had been fixed.

It's now a real pain to filter through the 100 new ones as I have to scroll through everything and try and remember what I imported.

Anyone know a way to recover from this? I've tried restarts and changing the sort menu but nothing works.

Here's my two solutions.

For gigs with plenty of room, I use my cut down FCB1010 and a separate pedal for vol/wah. FCB has Uno4K and is powered by a wall wart.

For small stages or just quick jams, I have a cheap Fender 4 button switch. It has a MIDI style connector that I connect a long midi cable to. At the other end is a mid cable with a socket at one end and two TRS plugs at the other that I can plug directly into my KPA.

The little bungie is something I made up. It hooks onto the strap lugs and I secure my Toaster to a small stand. Works great to keep it steady and harder to knock off.

[Blocked Image: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Gizmo1952/IMG_0481_zps1d190b1b.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Gizmo1952/IMG_0482_zpsff05f728.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Gizmo1952/IMG_0483_zps1268538f.jpg]

I use 4 to 5 guitars in a gig so I'm changing quite often but sometimes forget to change the input setting.
    However, I mostly use different performances with different guitars, so being able to tie the guitar to the performance would be useful.

I have about 8 performances, each based upon a different amp, so for example, an AC30 performance, a Fuchs, a Bassman etc. Each performance has 4 or 5 difference profiles of the same amp going from clean on the left, to crunchy on the right.

I have the same stomp set up for each amp, including compressor, Green Scream, studio eq, ad chorus, with a solo boost in X and tremolo in the MOD slot. I have duplicate performances with a different effect in slot D, so if I ever need a wah for example, I just go to that performance.

I have two "pedal boards" that I use. One is a chopped FCB1010 and the other is a 4 button FS, and I use either depending on the circumstances of the gig.

In this way, I can play around with different amps in a gig. We play a mix of rockin' blues, jazz and a bit of surf, so I can cover it all.

I've played about 10 gigs like this and it works out ok, although I have to admit, managing the volume/gain impact of switching different fx is driving me a bit mad.