Posts by Gizmo

Just updated my Toaster to 7.0.9.15094 Release from 5.7.4 (via USB) and got an error message after it finished.

After hitting “EXIT” it restarted and looked OK except that all my "Browse" rigs have vanished....Performance mode is OK.

Tried doing a restore from a USB backup and got the same error message, and still no rigs in Browse.

Tried restoring from a Rig Manager backup using RM 2.3.13, no luck. No rigs appeared in MyProfiler in Rig Manager.

So basically I am unable to restore my Browse mode rigs from either USB or Rig Manager.

I thought I'd read about someone else having a similar problem but searching doesn't help me find it...any pointers please??

I'm tempted to go back to an earlier RM to see if I can recover them but thought I'd ask before I do that.

edit...(email sent to Kemper support)

Mr. Kemper blew me away when I bought my Virus B years ago.Blew me away again when I bought my KPA in 2012.
    A true genius.

Loved the fact that he was in a Status Quo revival band. I tried to start one of these up in Ottawa but no one really knew who they were. In fact only ONE person ever recognised a Quo song when my current band played a couple.

Great interview, thanks for posting.

This is just my old fashioned nature, but I think it is very un-cool to hijack someone's "for_sale" thread trying to sell one of your own. Perhaps it would have been better to open a thread of your own.

My take on it is like this…very much like what has already been said....

I have about 20 performances where I keep all the same slots with the same settings. This is a good candidate for locking all slots.
    However, I have another 4 “special” performances where everything is completely different, for surf and rockabilly.

If I lock all the slots, I now have to unlock before selecting one of the “special” performances which is completely impractical on stage.

So, to avoid that I have all the 20 performances saved with the same settings.

OK, you might say, but if I decided that for example the reverb is too high (on all of these 20), I have to go through all 20 performances, edit them and re-save, which is quite a pain. So much so that I have given up refining these slots.

Globally locking all slots, then selectively picking a performance and being able to “withdraw” it from global locking would, I believe, eliminate the problem.

I’m sure this issue is not just mine and I've seen no other way around it in 7 years, unless of course I have missed something obvious.

but comparable PC-based systems by the likes of Dell and HP come out at 25%+ more-expensive

Now that IS a surprise to me Nicky. It's the reverse of how things used to be.

those of us who'll never be able to afford one ....... will see it as an object of desire. I know I do

You said it my friend.

I'm just sad that I'll probably be in the next life by the time these come cheap enough on the used market haha!

Good news for the real pros but WAYYYY out of my league, and most people's. I have three Mac Pros at home, two in regular use, and the total cost of all three probably came to not much more than this.

The only up-side that us mere mortals might see is that there could be some decent older used Pros on the market.

Pity, I think most folks were really hoping for something more affordable.

I don't know what the Mastermind GT16 can send but this might help:

https://www.midi.org/midi/spec…1-summary-of-midi-message

(sorry for the HEX....I still think that way!!)

0xB0 is the first byte of 3. A (continuous) Control Change (on channel 1 in this case)

0x63 is the second byte, the controller number

0x7D is the third byte, the value to send to the controller.

You have to send 4 of these commands to initiate a looper command, substituting "VAL" on the second command

If you do a search on the forum (in case you haven't), you'll find lots of info about using midi to control the looper.

It DOES work if you send the right commands as I listed and these seem to tie up with what you identified above except for "Device" which might just mean channel number.

So maybe:

Device =0xB* where * is the channel you have set on the KPA

CC number = 0x63 in my example (different for each command)

Off/On value= third byte as above.

Don't forget that you also have to send the same commands with "0" after sending with "1"...if your pedal can send when pressed and when released.

( I don't know what happened to my sentence "Substitute VAL or one of these buys." ...obviously nonsense. Should have said

Substitute VAL for one of these values" damn grammar check!!!)

Very nicely done!

IMHO Louder solo guitar would make it even better (or maybe slightly quieter rhythm section)...your lead stuff is great and needs to really be HEARD and out front.

(Wish I had your chops!)

Hi M, your last post is a bit confusing.

The monitor output is MONO only.

You can get STEREO for your stage monitors by using the monitor output and the direct output as a stereo pair.

The main outputs can both be MONO or set as a STEREO pair. You only need one main output if you are going MONO to FOH.

Look at the output section pages 1 and 2

I can't say better either way..... There are lots of opinions and mine has always been keep it simple and use mono for both stage and FOH. I don't use a lot of stereo effects and the bands I have played in have never had the need....your situation might be different.

There are others on this board that use stereo, perhaps they'll chime in here and give their experience.

Personally I'd go mono for both stage and FOH at least until you've got a better handle on the settings. You might find it does what you need.

Hi and welcome.

The cable from the monitor out to your power amp should be a shielded type, not a speaker cable. You can use a short guitar cable if that's all you have.

Also, set the main out to about -15dB so you don't overload the FOH board and then unlink main out from the main volume. By doing that you can use the main volume control on the KPA to adjust your stage volume without changing the FOH level. Check the manual for how to do this.

Unless you are going stereo to FOH, you only need one XLR. Mono is just fine for most people.

Setting your input sense is a whole other story....best to search the forum for other posts on this.

BTW, your English is very good. I'm an Anglophone who doesn't speak any other language and I'm continually being impressed by the use of English on this forum by people who's first language is not English.

Here's a mini-flame..

First post and using the words sucks, turd and dishonest....

While you may have some valid criticisms, in 7 years of using my KPA, those are words I have never used in conjunction with this company.

Welcome, seriously.