Posts by Gizmo

As an example...

In performance mode, if I want to copy an fx from one slot to another, the copy paste function works great.

But what If I want to copy from one to several different slots?

The paste buffer empties itself after the first paste and I have to go and copy it again.

Is this normal behaviour or have I just missed something.

Wouldn't it be better if the paste buffer held on to the last thing that I copied until I copy something else?

Not sure if this is a UNO or a KPA issue but I seem to get the following error quite often.

Using 2.01 and UNO for KPA

In performance mode, I switch to a different rig.

I then switch back to the original rig and one of my fx is enabled (that wasn't enabled before)

No amount of pushing on the associated FCB1010 switch will disable the fx

Everything else works ok

I then enable a different fx in the same rig, disable it again, then I can disable the fx that was "stuck on"

Seems odd.

I've had it about 10 times.

Good idea also to record totally clean direct guitar track at the same time (the o/p settings can help you do this)
    Then you can either re-amp or use models in your recording s/w

I sometimes use a pair of 10" JBL EONs, and they sound excellent. Also, the Mackie SRM450s sound great!

Interesting!

I have both of those, tried them and didn't like them. To much "plastic" in the mids and sterile.

Got myself a CLR and it's like night and day.

Not knocking them, they are great for PA use, but couldn't stand them with my KPA.

(or maybe I just couldn't dial them in well enough)

Had my CLR cab about 2 months. I use the monitor out (with cabs ON of course)
    Very happy with it.
    This thing can get LOUD but sounds just as good at bedroom levels.

If you minimize the distance between you and your monitor, that may minimize more room sound variations than EQing for each stage you find yourself on.

Gizmo - I don't ever change the Kemper for a particular room. If you have it sounding right for you at gig volume, and your monitor is relatively close, it will sound just as much the same (if not more) as any other amp/fx combination you could use.

I can see what you mean paults and agree, if it is a small room and there's not a separate FOH feed. That would be just the same as using my amp without being mic'd up, which is rarely the case.

I think most of us who play out in small venues where we are mic'd usually get told to "turn down". So we set up the amp as best we can and hope the sound guy does his best.

I used to use wireless and try to walk down the room during a gig..didn't work too well for me. So I want to send the board the best sound I can for the room at that time..isn't that why there are separate main and monitor outputs with individual eq's?

Gizmo

This is why it's important to set up your tones on the flattest possible speaker possible. Think of setting up your tones as similar to the process of preparing a record on reference monitor. The idea is not that it will sound best on a system where the bass is hyped or which has a smile EQ. The idea is that whatever kind of system you play through, the sound you set up "translates" when you play it on a different kind of speaker. It might not be the best sound possible, but this will help you avoid a situation where you have the worst sound, because you dialled in too many lows or highs.

The FOH is probably never going to be FRFR. Neither is the sound equipment when you play in a giant arena. So having a sound check is essential. Get one of your band members (the drummer) who knows your sound to stand up front a little ahead of your gig and figure out what is lacking or is too hyped in your sound. When your set comes up, have a friend ask the sound man nicely to set everything appropriately, or if that fails, at least to set it all flat as possible. There's a reason even big bands do a sound check :thumbup:

Good tip, never thought about it as preparing a record on a reference monitor (which I do and understand)....does make me feel a bit better about trying it.

I had to laugh though at the suggestion of getting our drummer to listen and critique my sound ;-).

Now that I have an Atomic CLR I think I'll go for it, but will take an amp as a backup!

This is what worries me more than anything about using my KPA live. So far I have been reluctant to do it because I know I will never get the chance to spend any time eq'ing the FOH sound.

In some ways it makes no sense to get a high quality FRFR setup to tweak all my presets for on stage monitoring then go and play in a club with a crappy FOH setup...which tends to be the norm.

Maybe I should tweak them with a typical FOH speaker.

When first switching to performance mode, rig always is an "initialized rig" . Have to change slots or performances to force the correct rig to show.

This is not major but an annoyance. Thought it might have been fixed in 2.01

Good for you :thumbup: I haven't seen a used one yet. I've been on the list for awhile, but Tom assures me It won't be long now/

Thanks guy!

I was lucky that a local guitar forum member had decided to go stereo but couldn't afford 2 CLRs.

I'd originally put my email in to Atomic for a wedge but glad now that I got this straight 1X12 cab...much more useful to me.

Another reason I went for the Atomic was the GREAT customer support I got from Tom King when I had an Atomic Reactor cab...he went to great lengths to help me out.

Still, the CLR is exactly what I expected it to be and I can't waIt to gig with it.

"What were you monitoring on before?"

Mostly my Samson Resolv powered studio monitors

I had tried JBL, Mackie and Yorkville powered monitors, a Fender FM212R (poweramp section), Poweramp (not tube) and cab, and a variety of tube combos.

It was hard to try some of the more recommended FRFR monitors here and I didn't want to buy one just to try it so I went for what I thought would be the best and so far glad I did.

Nice form factor too, heavy but manageable.

"To make the stomp empty again select it and scroll with the type nob to the very beginning there's a empty space it will be say empty now."

Thanks troynova, I always forget about the TYPE knob, I was trying to do it with the BROWSE knob.

Just checked it again and it is in performance mode and is repeatable. The stomp slot was empty.

Browser mode for this rig (Morgan AC20) has different stomps and it didn't happen.

I put a stomp in the slot and the problem went away.

Couldn't figure out how to make the slot empty again.

Went to an empty Performance and tried it.

I can make every stomp LED turn on by pressing the stomp button, even though the stomp is empty.

It's happened to me about 4 or 5 times. The performance is named and I also only have 3 slots filled.

Just tried it again this morning and it happened again, first slot says "Initialised Rig" below the performance name (not in the slot). I had to go to Performance 2 and back to reset it.

I then filled slots 4 and 5 and tried again...this time it didn't happen.

I notice that all my default performances have the word "slot" in slot 1 and the other 4 are blank. Slot 1 also says "Initialised Rig" below "Default Performance", while slots 2,3 4 and 5 have "---"

According to the addendum "By default, all slots of each performance are pre-loaded with an initialized rig."

Quick edit update...TRied it one more time, this time I had shut down with the third slot on a default performance selected. When I switched on, the slot said "Initialised Rig under Default Performance. When I scrolled to another slot and back, it changed to "---". So it seems whichever slot is selected when you go to Perf mode gets set to "Initialised Rig"