Posts by Gizmo

When I first switch to Perf Mode, one or more of my slots say "Initialised Rig".

Sometimes by moving to the next slot and back, the correct rig shows up.

Sometimes I have to go to the next Performance and come back in order to get all the slots to show the correct rigs.

Honestly, I'm not seeing a great advantage to replacing my UNO chip with this one. The onboard tuner display is the only real advantage I can see, but maybe you early adopters will talk me into it ... 8)

To me, the biggest advantage is the synchronising of the stomp pedal LEDs with the stomp status. With my current UNO chip, it (I) can get confused.

"In one of the next updates we will be able to use a simple stereo footswitch like the Boss FS6 to scroll through the rigs like with rig up/down in browse mode.
    This will be even more awesome as it will minimize the controller footprint on very small stages."

Perf mode is great, but slightly disappointed we can't do this right now. Would seem to be an obvious and essential part of this mode.

Hi Almogaver

Its the same through both the monitor out and SPDIF.

I think my use of the word "fizz" is misleading.
    It is more likely the intermodulation distortion as mentioned by burningyen.
    I find it excessive and quite annoying....and very digital sounding.

I've never heard it like this in any recordings of my amps.

Hi Gizmo,

Are you recording/monitoring through the KPA SPDIF Out?

Can't seem to access your clips on Ipad, but I had issues with fizz, solution was to go to cab parameters and slightly lower the high shift, I also like to crank the character a bit. Worked for my ears and it may for you if it's the same thing.

Thanks Delinquent, I'll try that.

I'm also going to make another sample and put the times in post to point to exactly what I hear, as "fizz" is probably very subjective.

Hi zerocrossing,

I know it's not the guitar, I have tried every type. single coils and HB. My strings are high off the pups.

If I back of the gtr volume, it still exists until I get to almost zero volume, when the profile has totally cleaned up (it no longer has any "gain" at all).
    It happens without me adjusting any of the rig parameters and the the output stays completely green.

I've had both clean and distorted sense up and down....no different. I don't know any other way to adjust input gain.

Clean profiles work just fine, I can strum hard without ANY distortion at all. I only have to play a crunchy or slightly overdriven profile gently to get the effect.

Has anyone actually listened to my samples?

I've heard this sound before on a GSP 1101 and an 11R (but not as bad)......maybe it's just me, but I find it most unpleasant.

I've just played through my Rocktron Chameleon and it is there too, but nowhere near as bad...and that's 15 year old digital technology.

I found I was getting some fizz because I had the humbucker of my Steinberger too close to the strings. Dialing it down did wonders. Also be very, very careful about your input gain setting and make sure you're not going into the yellow on output gain. I had to do a lot of gain matching on profiles to get it just right but it was well worth it. Now the fizzies are gone.

[quote='Guitartone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=690

Here's the guitars I've used, with very similar results:

Gibson 137 (Humbuckers)
    Gibson Blues Hawk (p90's)
    Yamaha SA2200 (humbuckers)
    G&L Comanche
    G&L Asat
    MIM Strat
    MIM Tele
    American Strat
    Gretsch White Falcon
    Fender Jazzmaster

As you can see, pro level guitars, going straight into the KPA with good setups. I like my action not too close to the pickups for the best tone and I gig with all of them through amps including Tweed Deluxe, Princeton Reverb, Super Reverb and others.

I don't hear it on high gain or with quick cut-off playing, it's hard to hear with single notes, but easy when two notes are allowed to decay naturally on slightly overdriven tones (without any effects or stomps)

Thanks for the input pima,

All rigs with any gain at all...even a slight amount, do it. I just ran through a bunch of Kemper amp rigs and all the same.
    Clean rigs don't do it (unless I turn the gain up).

It's only really audible when two or more notes are played and most easily heard during the note decay.

Input sens makes no difference to it and I can't eq it out in the output section.

Can you hear it in my samples?

Gizmo

Is it me or is this wrong! I'd appreciate some input here.

I'm use mainly semi-clean rigs with a bit of gain...no hi gain stuff.

I find that ALL of them have a VERY annoying distorted sound that tends to occur when more than one note is played.

NONE of my tube amps sound like this and I've heard the same sound in guitar modellers.

These are factory rigs and using 1.6.0 (although it is there in all other versions)

It sounds either like digital clipping or some weird intermodulation and makes me dislike my KPA.

There is no clipping in my external gear and it occurs in headphones too.

Here's some rough, simple samples where it can be heard clearly.

Sample 1
    http://sdrv.ms/XSagWS

Sample 2
    http://sdrv.ms/117Ijlr

Sample 3
    http://sdrv.ms/117Iptc

It doesn't happen on cleans, only if there is any gain (even a little) applied.

Please tell me this isn't normal.

Gizmo

I've searched and found that back in July there were statements that the KPA doesn't send any MIDI out. Haven't found any comments since then.

I've attached a MIDI monitor and can't see any so it looks like it still doesn't send.

Just in case I've missed something (perhaps it has to be "enabled"), can anyone please confirm that the KPA still does NOT send any MIDI.

I wanted to attach a Behringer BCR200 and learn the NRPN, so I could better tweak my patches....guess I'll have to wait a bit!

Thanks

Simple really...as you turn off the KPA, the rotary switch has to go through the tuner position.
    It was someone else that said this earlier as a way of explaining that you don't just pull the plug or power down the unit from a switched power socket...I just repeated it.

I guess it could be confusing.

what do you mean. Gizmo, by turning the kemper off via tuner? if your switch it to tuner it won't turn off but stays on...........in tuner mode............

I always turn my KPA off with the switch (via tuner)...so that can't be the problem.

it seems 1.5.4 likes on/off via tuner ....
    since I applied it , no more red flashes ... ?(

Add another to the list.
    Mine did it for the third time.
    This time I noticed it in the morning after turning off at night....must have been flashing all night....that bothers me a bit.

Currently using 1.5.4

Add another to the list.
    Mine did it for the third time.
    This time I noticed it in the morning after turning off at night....must have been flashing all night....that bothers me a bit.

Currently using 1.5.4

How's the response and tracking Armin?

I'm thinking it can't be as good as a hex pickup and hardware converter, which have never really done it for me.