Posts by CUBE

Situation: Creating performances, no midi devices connected to the KPA, FW 2.01, 576 rigs on board

Problem 1: Loud crackles and beeps occur when switching performances while the slot selector is on a specific rig/slot (according to KPA-Support it will be solved with next FW-update). Does not appear while the slot-selector is on another slot in the performance.
    Problem 2: A previous several times successfully saved performance has lost it's rigs (all slots showing "Slot", the dark line showing "initialised rig") during a session without power off.
    Problem 3: Settings of the noise-gate get lost at several rigs in the performance mode.
    Problem 4: Settings of the reverb get lost in two cases at rigs in performance mode..

While problem 1 seems to be overwhelmed soon, anybody can confirm problems 2-4?
    Thanks in advance.

Build my first Performance with 5 rigs but decided afterwards to change the rig in one slot. I chose the new wanted rig and selected it via browse-knob and "Load"- button (I got auto-load disabled) and it shows up in the lower dark line of the performance window but it don't shows up in the slot I selected. There's still the first selected rig. Same happens with any slot where I decide to change the first placed rig.
    In the 2.0 Addendum is nothing to find that I did wrong or forget.
    Running FW 2.01 Release.

Please help, thanx in advance.

Newest problem:

Login window shows no option to enter the password. This always happens when another browser-window with logged-in state is open. But due to it's curious login procedure Kemper-amps requires this sometimes. The only way I can get rid of that is to log out everywhere with several log-out-clicks :( and close all browser windows :( . When restarting the browser I got a new try 8o and in most cases it's going to work.
    That's all a little buggy. X(

Yeah, I know the problem, too. That always happens when you got another window with logged-in state open and try to login again. In this case I had to logout on every open browser page of kemper-amps.com and close all open browser windows. When restarting the browser everything works regular for me. :(

As stated in this thread
    "Insufficient Login procedure at kemper-amps.com" (sorry, a linking to this thread always leads to an 404-error, another fine bug?)

the login procedure is nervy and very weak. Still need to click the logout-button several times to log out definitely :thumbdown:

I'm a great fan of CS, too. I've reached nice results using PRS Dragon II Pickups (at first in bridge position) as a mean component of his sound and the Mesa Boogie rigs from the KPA (similar to the models Carlos was/is on). Also KPA-rigs taken from the Axe-FX-Mesa-Boogies.
    That's all I need - but I'm not a 110% purist.

I've just modded some of my profiles by (inter-)changing the cabs and several settings to optimize the sound.
    I'm happy with the results using single-coil-pus. You'll find the updated rigs on the rig-exchange.
    Hope you enjoy!

db9091:
    Now I know REALLY what you were talking about (the hiss of my clean Marshall cab) when you wrote in my other solid-state-playground-thread. I tried it in several ways on my other rigs. Hope you'll find something to smile. :thumbup:

Thank you, man! I'm happy that you found something useful outa my profiles. :)
    I did nothing special during profiling. The setup was: A Fender American Deluxe Strat (with N3 noiseless PUs) direct into the amp, a Sennheiser MD421 II on axis as closest as possible for one cab and a Sure SM57 the same way for the other cab (both cabs are single Marshall 10") mixing through a little 6-ch Peavey submixer, no eq-ing, no effects. For the clean sound (and the cab) I found the SM57 sounding too harsh, so I took only the MD421 II for profiling - that's it.
    Have fun!
    :thumbup:

Sorry everybody for an error I just recognized: The volume of the Marshall crunch rigs is (suddenly) way to low. I could swear it was allright when I last saved these rigs but ... shit happens. :whistling:
    I recommend you to raise the Volume in the Cab-section and the Volume of the KPA to adjust the output.
    The other rigs should be ok. 8)

I just found an old Digitech Footswitch FS300 and connected it with an 1/4" stereo jacked cable to the KPA, pedal 1. After adjusting the pedal-parameter in the system menu (page 4) to
    1: Switch (stereo): Rig up/down it works fine as a simple footswitch. :) The Bypass-button on the FS300 can't be configurated - it curiously switches around the leds in the FX-block ?(
    But anyway it's a nice late function of the ol' box.

I just profiled my little solid-state-amps and upped the rigs to the rig-exchange. There you'll find

• Vox VT-30: 2 clean and 2 crunch profiles from this hybrid valvetronic box,
    • Fender FM25 DSP: 1 clean profile from ch1 without any DSP,
    • Marshall MG15HFX Mini-Fullstack: 1 clean (ch1), 2 crunch (ch2), 1 gain (ch3) and 1 lead (ch4) profile.

For mics used etc. see the tags of the profiles.
    All profiles were intended for use with single-soils or stacked single-coils (doesn't mean you can't use it in another way).
    Hope U have fun!
    8)