Posts by alexschwill

Thank you for your research efforts, that helps a lot :)

So the numbers indicate different settings prior to the profiling process?

Means it is not the same and gives us sort of "take this profile where you've got more (preset) gain", since tweaking the gain on the KEMPER wouldn't quite lead to the same result?

Hi JFCatfish,

one important thing you have to keep in mind with profiles is the gain setting the profile comes with.

If the profile author leaves the gain unchanged, it is proportional to the original amplifier's when profiling.

If you chose a lower gain profile and then turn the gain up, it will sound more distorted, but this can only be a software estimation of how the original

amp would have reacted with the gain knob turned up. In fact, the amp had never been really pushed that far.

So I would tend to take a profile that comes with initial gain at maximum of what you will need and than turn the gain down to lower settings, this will give you the same effect as rolling down the guitar volume knob (without losing top end).

With the Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote you need to assign the Freezes individually and by Rig. But this gives you the flexibility to decide, which Freeze you want to include by Rig and even invert Freezes with the push of one button. Yes, the limit is four Freeze per Effect Button. But how many Reverb and Delay effects do you want to combine? Four should be sufficient.

If you are looking for a global Freeze button, consider connecting an external momentary switch to the Remote and assign the function "Freeze" to it . It still appears as "Hold" in the menu, but it's functionally the same. That Freeze switch then does all Freezes in all effects of all Rigs.

The problem here is, the Effect Buttons of the Remote are able to act momentary when you hold them and release when you leave the button, just as a piano pedal. Very handy for Leslie switching or delay freeze.

An external switch, even a momentary one, always latches, even if held longer.

Is there a possibility to change that behaviour, so it matches the Remote switches?

How common is it for Kemper users to have 2 (or more) KPAs? Because most of my time my KPA rack is at the front of the band's gear truck and hard to get to, I've been thinking about ordering another (this time the non powered toaster) to have here at the house, for pick up gigs, fly dates, etc. Last night I basically said WTF and ordered it.

I think I'm a Kemper Junkie LOL!!!

Hi Steve!

This is exactly what I want to say:D
    Actually the pitch detection is working right now in the KPA fx(chromatic pitch shift for single notes). Just a matter of sending detected pitch noted to the MIDI out.

I totally agree, the polyphonic data should be available, pitch as well as envelope. "Just a matter of sending detected pitch noted to the MIDI out". Please do it!

I really would like to have a pitch do MIDI functionality (including polyphonic envelope detection) to control external synth equipment. Since the Kemper has the relevant data of the polyphonic pitch shifter, this should be possible!

Edit: I searched the forum for similar requests, but somehow I didn't find this: Fx MIDI pitch detector.
    So please excuse the double request and use Damians post! Greetings Alex

I think it's nice for stereo when gigging live in small venues, when the second (stereo-) box is located too far away (under the keys, on the bass box or elsewhere).

Hi bigtoe, I think you have not been logged in on the RE. In that case, the "Upload your own rigs here" button would lead to the overwiev. If logged in, you will see a page with a "Durchsuchen..." (chose file) and a "Start upload" button!

I'd also like to have the Master Volume control the SPDIF since at home it is connected to the main TV/Music-Sound System. There is no individual input gain for all sources, so I have to adjust the output all the time. And uncompressed guitar is LOUD 8)

Keep up the fine work!!