Posts by warmchordmusic

Hey everyone, I'm excited to share the new "Bad Dreams" profile pack, now available on my website. It includes 36 profiles (22 studio, 14 DI), using the Box of Doom isolation cabinet with 3 different speakers (Eminence DV77, Celestion Vintage 30 - British voiced, and Warehouse Veteran 30). Recorded with API and Chandler Limited mic pres using SM57's in single and fredman setup. These are moderate to high gain profiles focusing on the CRUNCH and CRUSH channels. I'm more of a punk rock/alternative rock rhythm player, so while you can definitely get some metal tones out of these profiles, this is a pack for someone looking for some more versatility with this amp.

Check out the pack below and hear a couple sound clips featuring 4 of the profiles used in this pack:

Mesa Boogie Badlander "Bad Dreams" Pack

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I recently released a Badlander profile pack called "Bad Dreams." I don't want to get flagged for promoting commercial profiles on its own thread, so I figured I would respond and let you guys know. Send me a message and I'll shoot you a link.

The Red General Profile Pack faithfully captures the versatile tones from the Revv Generator 120 MK2. I purchased this amp about 2 years ago and I'm continually amazed by it. While I do have some profiles available on the rig exchange, I wanted to make a more complete pack for both my own personal use, and for others to explore how great of an amp this is. I receive permission directly from Revv to profile and release this profile pack, but to be clear, they were not officially involved.

This pack contains 60 professionally record profiles with 6 different cabinets. This is truly the most versatile pack of profiles currently available for the Revv Generator 120 MK2!

To download some free profiles from the pack (6 profiles), you can get them from my dropbox link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8j…kUeyHzu3GVVy2ZHglSaa?dl=0

To check out the official profile pack page for sound samples and more info on the pack itself, go here:https://www.warmchordmusic.com…neral-kemper-profile-pack or just visit http://www.warmchordmusic.com!

I have some of my older Revv Generator 120 profiles on the exchange, which I've gotten some good feedback about. I'm currently developing a commercial pack that will feature about 50 profiles of my personal Revv amp and it will have a variety of cabs, as well as a handful of DI profiles. An early clip/sample can be checked out here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys, my friend recently put together a video for a song I released called "Escape This Place," which I recorded with all kemper guitar and bass profiles. I believe these were done with all Choptones profiles for guitar, and Amp Factory for bass. Please subscribe to my channel if you dig what you hear/see. I also run a music podcast called the Warm Chord Music podcast, which talks about recording, gear, releasing music, etc.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can check out more of my stuff at http://www.warmchordmusic.com, which includes some free Revv Generator 120 kemper profiles in the "Extra" section.

Thanks guys. I always enjoyed my time on this forum back when I had my Kemper. Quick question for you guys, has anyone spent the cash on the Michael Wagner profiles and if so, what are your thoughts? His stuff is pretty pricey but other than the free profiles on the Kemper site, I haven't heard much about them.

Hey folks. Last year I traded my kemper toaster in for a brand new Torpedo Studio unit. Although the trade was great value and has worked out wonderfully for my two tube amps (Revv 120 and Friedman Cantrell Signature), I've missed having the Kemper. I had lots of great commercial profiles for it, which I used to record some songs for my solo project, Warm Chord Music. Happy to say that I ordered a new Kemper unpowered rack for my studio. I'm looking forward to profiling my tube amps and plan to incorporate my Torpedo Studio into the process as well. I look forward to connecting with everyone soon! :D

Hey guys, I'm going to be selling my Kemper Remote, as I just don't play live enough to justify having it anymore and I'm getting a Revv Generator 120 that I'd be playing live anyways. I'm keeping the kemper, but the controller is available if anyone is interested. I've had it less than 6 months and it works perfectly and hasn't left my house. I have the original box, cable, etc, so it's basically like new. Let me know if you're interested and we can work something out through paypal.

[email protected]

Hey guys, I just had my new single mastered by Kim Rosen and Knack Mastering, and it's in the process of getting uploaded to iTunes and such. It's available for streaming now if you want to take a listen on Soundcloud. I used my LTD snakebyte for this one and used Choptones profiles. I believe I used a couple different Mesa Dual Rec profiles for all the guitars. Bass was a blend of DI and a TAF ampeg profile.

Thanks very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The bass DI was recorded using the DI out from the kemper and directly into a motu interface. I then threw the Waves JJP bass plugin on it for some character and attack. I just like the way that plugin sounds. The dirty bass track has the Waves CLA Bass plugin on it with some additional dirt and mild compression and chorus. Chorus can really help the bass stick out in a mix.

The nice thing about the rhythm guitars is that it's only two tracks. A lot of bands these days are quad tracking guitars to make them sound bigger, but the goal of this mix was to have it sound raw, but with enough modern production to sound current.

Hey guys, the new single from my solo project, Warm Chord Music is called "Escape This Place" and it features all Choptones Kemper profiles. For the rhythm guitars, I used the Dual Rec, and the Custom Audio/Surh Peter Thorne amp. The Custom Audio profiles are crazy flexible and could be used for anything, but profile 110 was especially great for this song, which a mix between Pennywise and maybe some old school thrash metal. The bass sound is a mix of DI and an Ampeg SVT profile from Amp Factory. The lead guitar was also from Choptones, and I believe it was was from the Marshall SLX bundle. I provided a sound cloud link, as well as band camp for purchasing (if you dig it).

https://warmchordmusic.bandcamp.com/

If you could be so kind to help me get some subscribers going for my new channel, that would be awesome. I'm planning on posting some videos of the kemper profiles I use and reviewing various bundles I own, in addition to the recording chain I use with them.

https://www.youtube.com/channe…sort=dd&view=1&shelf_id=0

Thanks for checking it out!
    Jay - Warm Chord Music

I recently bought a Wampler Clarksdale Overdrive, which is their take on a tube screamer, but without the fizziness you sometimes get. I placed it in the Loop Distortion slot and it sounds excellent with many of the profiles I use. My favorite combos are using it with the amp factory Vox AC30 profiles and the Evil Robot profiles. I turn up the gain to only about 9' o clock, and the volume at about 5 o clock. It really gives these semi-clean profiles a nice OD that I prefer over the green scream stomp in the Kemper. Just thought I'd share that.