Posts by PBGas

Very strange. Everything is updated to current. I now have duplicate rigs throughout my Rig manager. Not all but many and I did nothing to have this happen.

No idea how or why. I simply renamed one of the rigs with a number in front to keep it organized.

Did I do something wrong?

I finally sold my last amp. I just don't have the need or space for one around anymore.

I was looking at getting the stage but these haven't even shown up north of the border and thus, they probably won't be up here for a while yet. I went with a new rack and remote as I had a spare SKB roto short rack for it to be housed in. Looking forward to using it again after a 5/6 year hiatus. I'm hoping my time this round will be better than the last time. Had several issues with the unit years back.

I had this same issue with mine when I had it. They just all mashed together. I did try a few DI profiles as well before I sold it and it was only marginally better.

Besides the sound I don't trust the reliabilty of Line 6-products, this is the result of my personal experience using PODs on tour. On one tour 3 (!) POD XT Live did bite the dust, I always had to have at least one or two spares. There were also dropping knobs ect., for me just unreliable gear for big tours. I played the Kemper on 3 big tours now and I didn't have one single problem.

Every company will have products that break down. Line 6 has a lot of product out there so the failure rate could perhaps be more prominent due to the number of users. I've had a ton of Line 6 gear right from the AXsys which was their first. I've had only 1 issue with a Vetta combo that went dead on me. Other than that, nothing else. While you have had great luck on your tours with Kemper, I have not on mine. I was an early adopter 3 years ago. Mine developed the LED rings of death and one by one they started going out. I had an issue with my alternative input that was never resolved. I had the LEDs repaired and sold the unit. I then picked up a powered rack and within the month of my summer tour it shut down on my 3 times. I ended up borrowing and amp and board for the rest of the gigs and that performed flawlessly. I returned the powered rack. I picked up a regular rack which was fine but only had it a short time as I moved to a solution that works better for me.

As for the other discussion on DAWs....it's all with what you are comfortable with. I've been a Pro Tools user since 99. I stopped using their nonsense due to the subscription based models and quite frankly, a pretty light set of plugins . I have been using Logic Pro X for the last while. I've settled on PreSonus though. The Studio One 3 is absolutely outstanding for both workflow and ease of use. It sounds fabulous as well.

I never was able to get used to FRFR or find a good solution that I was happy with for on stage monitoring, so I simply abandoned that route, sold my Kemper and went back to a nice tube head. I use a Two-Notes live for my FOH tones and recording and I've not had a better sound these days. Again, what is strange is that when the stage is crammed and I only bring my head and the load box, I have no issues with what I am hearing through the monitors. It sounds great. All IMHO of course. You find what you like, then congrats and enjoy!

Don´t worry. It will not take more than 2 years that they will release the next "revolution". You will have to buy a new box anyway then.

and once the market is saturated with Kemper units, do you not think the same will happen? It would be foolish to think that they can continue past 4 years with the same product, especially in the area of guitar. They are in this business to make $$$. If they weren't, the price would not have climbed to where it is now. I remember getting my first Kemper unit $1599/Can.$ 3 years ago. That was an amazing price. Last time I picked up a rack up here a year and half later it was up to $2200. The first PodHD came out in 2010, so it's been around a bit more than 2 years. Yes, they did update it to the HDX units but the older units are still available.

I'm just glad there is more competition in the marketplace. It gives us more choices and perhaps steps the bar up for other companies to build an even better product. In the end, we get some great sounds out the deal!

I think this product looks really nice and sounds great from what I have heard so far. Can't wait to check it out!

Right now, I've been renting a Line 6 L2M. During my gig last night, I had it louder and I found it to really squash the higher gain patches. At lower volumes it sounded great but as soon as I turned it up, not so much.

I may have to go back to looking at an ISP stealth and 2x12 cab again.

I hope they are in fact ahead of schedule! That would be great! I'm not scheduled until the last week of April and would love to have it sooner.

Security update 2015-002 messes up a lot of parameters on your Mac, according to a lot of online chatter going on right now.

What I had to do was reset the SMC by shutting down and unplugging for 20 seconds.
    I then zapped the PRAM and restarted in recovery mode. Did a full repair...nothing really wrong....

Then restarted mac and now all is working.

It has taken me a very, very long time to make my brain FRFR friendly. Part of the problem was that I was trying some FRFR units that were not what they seemed. I've always been a cabinet user.

That being said, I had a chance to rent some gear this weekend and I've come to the conclusion that even with the 3.0 and merged profiles, the ones that I use are of the heavier variety and they still sound similar through a guitar cabinet. There is some differentiation but after trying a good FRFR (Line 6 L2M), I've found that it works beautifully and I get the tones I want, can crank it up and it just sounds amazing!

I am still wanting to try either a DXR10, DXR12 or DSR12 from Yamaha. Hopefully I can find one to rent and try as well.

Ok....so I updated to the latest beta 3.0.latest

Have the latest rig manager running

My profiler is not showing up with it. I can see the rig exchange.

Went in to preferences to check. It shows testing login, ok.
    Re-seated USB on computer and Kemper OK
    uninstalled and re-installed a fresh copy of Rig Manager - ok
    Also restarted computer and Kemper

Nothing.

any ideas?

Maybe it's me...but the site seems to be running a bit slow today. Almost like a delay.
    Tried to compare with some other sites but it's only this one I am noticing...

Strange.....