Posts by PBGas

Thanks very much for sharing the vid and for your thoughts on this. I've tried a few FRFR setups as well and while I have used them and liked them, I tend to agree with you that a cab behind you is something that one gets very used to and it is a hard habit to break. You have made a lot of sense with your post.

I kind of flip-flop with this decision which is why I've been taking my time with it. I'm still searching and most likely will go the regular cab route, myself. It kind of serves two purposes for me. I will be able to run my KPA through it and if I do desire to get a tube head well....then I'm already set because I have a cab ready to use with it as well.

The smaller Focusrite interfaces are great. You don't need a huge number of inputs since you are just doing guitar and vocals. If that falls within your budget then I would suggest that.

I use a Universal Audio Apollo Twin duo. I like the fact that my plugins will run through the unit instead of eating up my DAW memory. I've had the unit for more than a year and it has been very, very reliable and sounds fantastic.

The tax rate for the average American is over 43% (federal, state, sales, social security, medicare, property, luxury, fuel, etc) and yet on top of that I pay about another $14,000 out-of-pocket per year on health care related costs (insurance, flex, co-pays, drugs) for a family of 3 which is about 25% of my after tax income. Need I say: OUCH

I would drop to my knees and praise jesus if America had to pay Canadian imports and taxes and yet I didn't have to worry if I could afford an operation next year.

If anyone wants to sponsor my Canadian citizenship and has an affordable cottage on Elizabeth Island, please feel free to contact me, lol!

I'll hook you up, Bro!

:thumbup:

I am doing it this way. I had a powered version and mine had all kinds of issues. The poweramp section was fine but my unit had some build and fit problems as well as shutting down on my regularly.

I am opting for a separate power amp. IF the Kemper goes, I can run something else like my iPad into the separate power amp. If the poweramp goes then I can use the Kemper through an amp. This way, I am with little downtime if the all-in-one unit goes.

My good friend has an AxeFX II and he keeps borrowing my Kemper. I keep borrowing his 101B 20th and Diezel VH-4!

I have used his Axe and I really like both products. In the end I went with the Kemper because I am more comfortable in the menu system and layout of the unit. I like the tones I get out of it more as well. The piece that is really a nice bonus on the Axe is that it is it's own interface so you can literally hook it up the way it is to any DAW.

I could use either setup without an issue. They both produce outstanding results.

Got the email as well.
    It's great that they are keeping everyone informed from the list.

Mine isn't processed but I'm sure they will get through them. Either way, I'm in the cue so no worries at all.

Looks like some of the earliest of the Early Birds will start getting shipped next week! Can't wait to see the reviews and pics!!!

I had a power rack back in the summer that was giving me similar issues. It would freeze on occasion and actually shut down on me at 4 different gigs. I did a re-burn from USB but that didn't solve the issue. Also one bank of LEDs was gone on it as well as the front glass was not in spec and was actually moving around on it.

I returned that unit. Thankfully my new non-powered rack has had no issues.

If you got a confirmation, then your order will be processed. Mine is still not processed either but at least it is in the cue. I imagine yours is the same. You have probably already read the other thread on the Sweetwater issue with ordering at this point.

Lets hope we all get it in due time.

I've lately been using an Atomic CLR wedge which I like for the tribute band in which I perform as the only guitarist. However, I've started rehearsing with a two-guitar band, and the other guitarist has a traditional head/cab setup which my CLR just doesn't compete with as a backline amp. Therefore I want the flexibility of a powered solution.

This is what troubles me and constantly has me re-thinking what I want to purchase. This does but in the same line doesn't help my decision.

I loved the Toaster when I had one. I went with the rack because I wanted a regulated power supply to mount with it as well as keeping the option open for a rack mounted power amp. I also like the protection and utility that a quality rack case gives.

Needless to say, if Kemper comes out with a nice bag that accomodates both the toaster and the remote, that would be a very nice carry all system.

Bud,

I have no idea as to why it all happened. I have my support tickets in my area of the store login.
    I also have all of the emails from them as posted.

In the end, I really just want to make sure that I get the remote like everyone else on the early bird list for the correct price. Right now, I'm worried that they will completely miss my order.

Oh well. I suppose I could just wait like everyone else if it comes down to it.

Ok Folks,

I have tried and tried to get this right and it continues to be a complete failure on Kemper's part. A bumpy road? More like a giant pot hole! I'm pretty much livid at this point. I have done absolutely nothing wrong here other than follow directions.

Initially I had set up my account for it to be in North America. Since I live in Canada, I went with the first email that we received in regards to this. This should be obvious.
    The directions stated the following:

"Navigate to the following website and open up an account using the same e-mail address you did use for the early bird program. Make sure, that you buy from the right store. We have an international store and an US store for North America." I followed these directions. They key words were a "US Store for North America"

I ordered through the US store as Canada is in North America. Obvious and done. Received a confirmation. My order number was:
    Thank you for your order with Kemper Online Store (Nummer: 246928) on 14.01.2015 at 18:36.

I then noted a post from G String who is one of the Kemper GMBH members said the following in response to orders from Captainbrew and myself:

PBGas and captainbrew,the first thing you have to do when coming to the store is to fill in your country and language. if you select Canada, you're directed to the international store and if you choose United states, you end up in the US store. but for some reason "Canada" didn't get translated and was listed under "Kanada" (the German spelling). So some of you choose United States instead, i would have done the same i guess. this is our bad and was fixed a couple of hours later.best thing you can do is: contact support and we'll make sure that we switch your order to the international store.thanks, gs

So....I adjusted accordingly and made the change. Still confused but done.

I then received an email on Feb 13th that said the following:

The order status of your order 246928 has changed!The order now has the following status: Storniert / Abgelehnt.Please reorder the product again and use our international store instead of the US store.For your info this will not affect your early bird status.You can check the current status of your order on our website under "My account" - "My orders" anytime. But in case you have purchased without a registration or a customer account, you do not have this option.Best regards,Your team of Kemper Online Store

So I then put in the order and changed it as per the directions received.

I put in an support ticket because the cost is still showing as 599 Euro for the unit. Apparently, It should actually be 419 euro (including removed VAT) but as soon as you put it in the shopping cart it goes to 599 Euro. From what I have been reading the total with shipping should be 469.00 Euro. Why would I pay more than 110 more than my US counterparts? The way they have it setup in the store, I would be paying 649Euro. Once converted to Canadian dollars that is like 923 for the foot controller! What? Makes no sense at all.

To this end, I then receive another email this morning from Kemper Central saying the following:

Please make sure that you have selected the US Store. The price of the Kemper Profiler Remote is 599 USD. With best regards,Your Kemper GmbH Online Store Team

While I do appreciate the communication, I really do need someone at Kemper to actually fix this problem and help me out. I've given CK my $$$ 3 times now for 3 different units (toaster, powered rack, and rack) and I've been using this unit since it's inception. I'd say I'm a pretty dedicated customer.

Please, an appropriate response and solution would be extremely helpful. I'm also concerned with the change in order numbers that I have lost my place in the Early Bird Orders. Quite unfair to say the least.

Sorry for the rant, folks but I'm tired of going back and forth with support and not getting any solution.

:cursing:

Paul